View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    ^ Yep. Why should those who missed out on SERO care?
    You mean like 99% of Sprint customers?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ Yep, and also like 98% of customers who don't really care (or are excited) about the Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    ^ Yep, and also like 98% of customers who don't really care (or are excited) about the Palm Pre.

Just called retentions and they will give me Pre's on three of my lines, wasn't really eligible but they will give me for the new contract price. Of course I asked her about SEP (she stated that they have no control over the instinct to overide the SEP); she said I probalby had nothing to worry about on my current plan and I told it was a grey area for sure. She stated that she had not been told on the pricing of the Pre and it's plans. The supervisor did give her permission to allow me to purchase the Pre at the contract price. Technically I was only eligible for one.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Just called retentions and they will give me Pre's on three of my lines, wasn't really eligible but they will give me for the new contract price. Of course I asked her about SEP (she stated that they have no control over the instinct to overide the SEP); she said I probalby had nothing to worry about on my current plan and I told it was a grey area for sure. She stated that she had not been told on the pricing of the Pre and it's plans. The supervisor did give her permission to allow me to purchase the Pre at the contract price. Technically I was only eligible for one.
    didn't know they were sellin' pre's yet....
    Has anyone found a way around this dilemma yet? a way to keep our SERO plans on the Pre?

I was thinking how...

Here's what i was able to come up with.

I have a 755p with $30 SERO plan now. 2 years will be up this OCtober. Am eligible to upgrade i think.

Once the Pre comes out, I would get a NEW line/plan.

Can i cancel this new plan and pay the early cancellation fee after at least 2 months, and then reprogram the Pre (using the ESN) to my current SERO plan?

Is this feasible? Technically? Legally?
    The Pre isn't out yet, so I don't think anyone can correctly answer your question.
    what he said.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I got a feeling that if Sprint wants you to have an Everything plan with the Pre... Then that's the way it's going to be. I wonder if they may offer the phone to Sero users without subsidy.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Has anyone found a way around this dilemma yet? a way to keep our SERO plans on the Pre?

I was thinking how...

Here's what i was able to come up with.

I have a 755p with $30 SERO plan now. 2 years will be up this OCtober. Am eligible to upgrade i think.

Once the Pre comes out, I would get a NEW line/plan.

Can i cancel this new plan and pay the early cancellation fee after at least 2 months, and then reprogram the Pre (using the ESN) to my current SERO plan?

Is this feasible? Technically? Legally?
    Changing ESN's is illegal...
    There was a thread on this a while back--I believe it was Haydur who had some pretty good ideas about how to hack it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    Changing ESN's is illegal...
    wasnt talkin about changing it. isnt it possible to do that? i thought we could assign numbers to the phones via the ESN or something. isnt that what we do if we buy phones over ebay?
    Since Sprint has the phone in their database and you try to change, the rep might tell you that the phone is incompatible with your plan and that you'd have to change it. I've read about something similar like ppl buying an instinct off ebay, and trying to get it on their SERO plan and the rep usually wouldn't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    didn't know they were sellin' pre's yet....
    They are not

she made the notation in my account
    Quote Originally Posted by psl25201 View Post
    Yes, you are correct that they confirmed the phone would be available with the Everything Plans. They did not, however, confirm that it would not be available for users who do not have an Everything Plan, but have unlimited data...at least, they didn't in the way they did with the Instinct.
    I have an unlimited data/sms plan from 2000 ... I'd like to keep it, but I'm also interested in some of the newer features of current data plans, especially GPS. (sprint TV / music I don't anticipate really using) -- I'm wondering if GPS is some of an automatic feature on a handset that has that hardware (my mogul doesn't) - or, do I need a data plan that includes GPS.

When the Pre is finally released, my debate is to push for getting it full featured on my current acct ($40/month) or to get on one of the new SERO/everything accts ($60/month) ... really, other than the Pre handset, GPS is the only service improvement between old and new
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Rest assured, Sprint has nothing to worry about from Verizon or AT&T be it network coverage or customer service.... I need a device that works when and where I need it. vzw nor at&t can compete... I travel 48 states. My girlfriend has vzw... its a joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I have an unlimited data/sms plan from 2000 ... I'd like to keep it, but I'm also interested in some of the newer features of current data plans, especially GPS. (sprint TV / music I don't anticipate really using) -- I'm wondering if GPS is some of an automatic feature on a handset that has that hardware (my mogul doesn't) - or, do I need a data plan that includes GPS.

When the Pre is finally released, my debate is to push for getting it full featured on my current acct ($40/month) or to get on one of the new SERO/everything accts ($60/month) ... really, other than the Pre handset, GPS is the only service improvement between old and new
    I've used a Garmin GPS for 3 years so excuse my ignorance.
    But what do you do when you get a call when you're using the GPS feature on a Sprint phone?
    Do you miss directions?
    Or what if you're in a poor coverage area?
    I'll stick with my Garmin and hopefully use my Pre for voice only when I'm driving.
    Just encountered this piece of info at Sprint site.
    Select Line to Upgrade
    The following errors were found while processing your request
    We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order.
    I was told by rep that $30.00 sero plan will not be allowed to get Pre or any other PDA style phone. You must upgrade to a new plan to get a PDA. I know this makes all sero haters very happy. I am trying to keep hope alive
    As far as getting the Pre on old Sero Plan, Just ran into this at Sprint site:
    Select Line to Upgrade
    The following errors were found while processing your request
    We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order.
    Called the # and the rep told me that I would have to Everything Plus plan. Too much data he told me. Not only Pre but all PDA style phones now require this. This company is going to keep on losing millions more customers and billions of more dollars. Don't they understand that we sero-ites are going to be free advertising for them, wanting to show off this cool new devise. After the info that came Information Week about the low buzz factor Iwould think getting this phone into as many hands as possible would only benefit Sprint and Palm. I am still keeping hope alive but its on a respirator at this point I know this info will make Sero haters smile but it makes me very sad
    I question pretty much everything that rep told you since
    1 - The Pre isn't even out yet, and no one knows for sure what plans will / won't work. The only evidence for or against it is tied to that really vaguely worded sentence on the Pre's webpage.
    2 - No single rep really knows all that much and usually isn't on top of everything. Numerous members here have found reps flat out misinformed or lying.
    3 - The rep flat out lied about "all PDA's require everything plans"...SERO members are still activating newer phones like Touch Pro's and newer Blackberries on their accounts without losing a thing. The only phone that has been difficult with SERO is the Instinct.

We'll only know for sure when the Pre comes out and hardcore SERO'ers try every trick in the book to get a Pre onto the plan. Until then, I'll keep crossing my fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone44 View Post
    This company is going to keep on losing millions more customers and billions of more dollars.
    These customers are the reason Sprint is loosing so much money, Sprint is basically paying them.

Not only that, SERO is such a small percentage of customers, I doubt Sprint would look back if they all left.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II