View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    I used to have to have the "latest and greatest" smartphone. No more. No phone is worth it to me to have to pay double for service what I am paying now. The next best phone will be plenty good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Translation = "Even though Sprint allowed anyone to sign up for the $30 SERO plan for nearly 2 years, I'm bitter that I never knew about it and jealous of those that did".
    Lol, that is exactly what I think everytime a non-SERO subscribers talks on this matter.
    Last edited by compneo; 03/16/2009 at 01:51 PM.
    Where has Sprint stated that they will or will not "grandfather" the SERO plans for Pre buyers?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    They have said that the phone will require an Everything Plan, of which the SERO plan is not one.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Nobody is saying anything about SEP. Pre will not require Simply Everything (SEP). It will however require an Everything Plan, which start at $69.99.
    False. It will be fine on the old plans. With SERO you will be likely to be able to put it on (just as hundreds of instinct owners) but you will not get the purchase discount.
    @aero... as promised this is what you do to activate an Instinct (which has exactly the same restrictions as the Pre). And as you can see, it DOES NOT WORK!
    No offense but your example is wrong. I have an instinct for my step son on a sero.

Bought it on Ebay and activated it no problem.
    They have said that the phone will require an Everything Plan, of which the SERO plan is not one.
    that is for new clients
    Pre Available First Half of 2009, Pricing Plans Confirmed

I told you so!

And here's a screenshot of Dieter's comment form the webinar.
    Is there a complete transcript of the Webinar available somewhere? One screen shot is out of context.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    No offense but your example is wrong. I have an instinct for my step son on a sero.

Bought it on Ebay and activated it no problem.
    My example is "wrong"? Please define wrong. It doesn't work on the SERO 500 F&F when u do it online, which is how you stated it would work. If it somehow worked for you, doesn't mean my example is wrong.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ Well it doesn't say that... and "activation" occurs everytime you get a new phone. That is not to say that I don't want them to allow me to get the Pre on my plan...
    My example is "wrong"? Please define wrong. It doesn't work on the SERO 500 F&F when u do it online, which is how you stated it would work. If it somehow worked for you, doesn't mean my example is wrong.
    You were wrong... way wrong... SERO will be allowed... I spoke to several people who mop floors at Palm headquarters... they said they heard management talking of SERO and said that management said that SERO would be allowed. My sources can't be confirmed, but they are right.

But to help you define wrong...

1. not in accordance with what is morally right or good: a wrong deed.
    2. deviating from truth or fact; erroneous: a wrong answer.
    3. not correct in action, judgment, opinion, method, etc., as a person; in error: You are wrong to blame him.
    4. not proper or usual; not in accordance with requirements or recommended practice: the wrong way to hold a golf club.
    5. out of order; awry; amiss: Something is wrong with the machine.
    6. not suitable or appropriate: He always says the wrong thing.
    7. (of clothing) that should be worn or kept inward or under: You're wearing the sweater wrong side out.

–noun 8. that which is wrong, or not in accordance with morality, goodness, or truth; evil: I committed many wrongs.
    9. an injustice: The wrongs they suffered aged them.
    10. Law. a. an invasion of another's right, to his damage.
    b. a tort.

–adverb 11. in a wrong manner; not rightly; awry; amiss: You did it wrong again.

–verb (used with object) 12. to do wrong to; treat unfairly or unjustly; harm.
    13. to impute evil to (someone) unjustly; malign.

—Idioms14. get in wrong, Slang. to cause to come into disfavor: We are forever getting in wrong with the people next door.
    15. go wrong, a. to go amiss; fail: Everything is going wrong today.
    b. to pursue an immoral course; become depraved: Bad friends caused him to go wrong.

16. in the wrong, to blame; in error: He knew he was in the wrong but refused to concede the point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
    bef. 1100; (adj.) ME wrong, wrang, OE wrang, perh. < ODan wrang; cf. Dan vrang wrong, ON rangr awry; (v. and adv.) ME, deriv. of the adj.; (n.) ME; OE wrang, deriv. of the adj.; akin to wring

Related forms:

wronger, noun
    wrongly, adverb
    wrongness, noun

Synonyms:
    1. bad, evil, wicked, sinful, immoral, iniquitous, reprehensible, crooked. 2. inaccurate, incorrect, false, untrue, mistaken. 6. improper, unsuitable. 8. misdoing, wickedness, sin, vice. 12. maltreat, abuse, oppress, cheat, defraud, dishonor.

All jokes aside... your continuous threads about how SERO is not allowed are a bit misleading... fact is, no one knows for certain yet. And if SERO is not allowed, it is a done deal, no matter how much you write will change that fact. I'm thinking I'll be able to activate my phone on my SERO... I'm not worried about it.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I define wrong as your narrow example. It was and is wrong.

I said it works online? where? I never "stated" such a thing. I have activated almost 100 phones and never done it online.

More to the point when intict is not supposed to be Officially" activated n sero, it can be officially activated on existing non "everything plans" such as Free and clear plans
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    You stated that it does not work in-store or with telesales/ecare... that only leaves one other way to activate, online. Is there any way to activate phones besides those three?

Anyway, I hope you are right and I am wrong, but doesn't look like it right now.
    There is only one thing I know for sure: If they require me to change my SERO plan, no Pre for me. That's ok, my Centro is working just fine...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I wonder if you are going to have to activate the phone useing the webOS kind of like the iPhone did with iTunes. You think that is possible? Ah maybe not. Sprint will do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    ... It will vary for each person depending on who they talk to...
    That's the single most accurate statement I've seen on this thread. Some good information throughout the thread, and a lot of silliness, but the statement above is what you folks really need to pay attention to. Anyone that thinks it's not true simply does not know Sprint.

I had "heard" on here that I could update one of my Treo's for $99 if I pushed hard enough with customer retention. I checked the website, $199. I called my son-in-law (who worked at a Sprint store at the time, he eventually moved on, and his wife, my daughter, started with them). He couldn't top it. Told me I should call Sprint, but be sure to speak to customer retention, and be sure to talk to a supervisor if the first line said no. First line asked me how $150 sounded. I said that sounded great, but $99 sounded even better, may I speak with a supervisor. She gave it to me for $99.

Flash forward about 10 months. My wife wanted a Centro. I tried the same thing. The first line support said that they simply cannot give a discount on a Centro on our account. I talked to Retention, and didn't even need a supervisor - she said $99, and asked for a credit card. I didn't have it with me, and said I'd get her ID number, and call her back. She asked me to hold for a minute, came back, and said that if I would update both our accounts to new contracts, she'd send it for free.

Moral of the story -
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    ... It will vary for each person depending on who they talk to...
    if you are not on a SERO plan and still want to get some sort of a discount, there is hope. I found a website where you can see if you qualify for a employee discount...most people do and don't even realize it. Discounts range from 5% to 25%, but do not work on the Simply Everything or SERO plans.

check it out...there is an info@evpdiscount.com email address where someone will usually reply in a day or so.

Sprint Nextel Discounts | Employee Value Program | EVP Online | Find Your Cellular Discount Plan, Cell Phone, & Accessories
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I wonder if you are going to have to activate the phone useing the webOS kind of like the iPhone did with iTunes. You think that is possible? Ah maybe not. Sprint will do it.
    Why would you have to do that with webos? Itunes, I can see... webos, not so sure....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    It seems to me that the people who are against SERO being allowed with the Pre are just jealous of those who have SERO...just saying (I have SERO).

-IR
    Quote Originally Posted by irelayer View Post
    It seems to me that the people who are against SERO being allowed with the Pre are just jealous of those who have SERO...just saying (I have SERO).-IR
    Don't think that is the case. there is a lot of resentment of sero folks by people who don't understand sero was pushed by Sprint and kept Sprint from dying altogether.

The day of the Pro announcement I noted that Hesse used the same language and model used for the prior iPhone killer, the Samsung instinct. They launched in identical way to instinct, and dissimilar to all the other sprint launches . the instinct was tied to everything plans as well. I thought it was clear from hesse's statement sin January that this would be used to upsell to everything plans.

You then have the OP's post where most of us have noted the title is false. The problme the OP has is he is going from no sero to no use of Pre with all the other plans and doesn't know that most sprint customers are on neither SERO nor Everything plans and obviously are ot going to be cut out. the level of handset discoutns is another issue but for a lot of people that discount savings will be far lower than transferring to the higher everything plans. I have a none "everything" plan and I can get and activate instinct on it easily and I am sure I will with Pre as well. The only quesiton would be on the $100 rebate.