View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    I'm sure Palm has a say in this. It's in their best interest for Sprint to sell as many Pre's as possible, SERO and all.
    Not if they're losing money at that rate.
    They'll sell out initially. I think sprint has the power in this one to call people's bluffs of going elsewhere. If you want a Pre, you need a compatible plan. If i was Sprint, no 30 dollar SERO on the Pre...period.

AT&T got away with it with the iphone. This is Sprint's "iphone"
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    AT&T got away with it with the iphone. This is Sprint's "iphone"
    AT&T launched the iPhone with a 5 year lock. Sprint will likely have around 6 months before the CMDA version (been beta tested on Sprint's network) is ready for Verizon. Also, the South American GSM version will be compatible with AT&T's 3G network, so it'll all over eBay soon after its launch there...
    Doesn't matter. You'll still fork out more for a monthly plan to get the Pre on another carrier.
    This forum is a cesspool. Every week there's a new worst thread ever. Right now, this one has the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    This forum is a cesspool. Every week there's a new worst thread ever. Right now, this one has the title.
    Agreed. Well, not about the cesspool part.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    At this point, I think it's time for general complaint sticky threads. We can have one for SERO and the Pre, one for storage, one for a lack of release date, and a general one for all Palm/Sprint complaints and predictions of doom.

Funnel all of this negativity there, and let the rest of this forum breathe.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ AT&T 450 Minutes (rollover, unltd. mobile-2-mobile, etc.) $39.99 + $30 (Unlimited Data & Text) = $69.99 - 20% Corporate Disc. = $55.99!

That's cheaper than the new $59.99 SERO. (My Sprint corp. discount is only 10% and it doesn't apply to SERO.)
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I still have to consider Palms website.
    Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA

At the bottom it says:

This device..........A data plan is also required. Unlimited usage data plan strongly recommended or additional data charges may apply.

To me, it almost sounds like they not only would let you use this phone on "any" data plan, but even one without UNLIMITED DATA.

Just very odd that this statement would be there if they planned to only allow unlimited, and only allow SEP or EP plans. Why not just say it.

....Just a thought.....
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Don't think you're getting unlimited text in that at&t plan. Add 20 bucks.

The more minutes you get, the wider the gap gets..family plans too.

Plus, the "difference maker" is an individual corporate discount (and a rather wimpy one at that...my Sprint corporate discount is 25%) which wouldn't apply to most people.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

May be that's true for the iPhone specific data plans. But now you can get unlimited data and text for only $30:

AT&T - Messaging & Data Unlimited
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ That's Palm text, not Sprint's.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    May be that's true for the iPhone specific data plans. But now you can get unlimited data and text for only $30:

How many people on Sprint interested in the Pre are going to be looking to jump to AT&T for a phone other than the iPhone?

That plan only applies to these: (not exactly smartphones)

LG: CE110 , CF360 , CG225 , CG300 , CU320 , CU400 , CU500 , CU500v , CU920 , Invision , Shine , Trax
    Motorola: KRZR , L2 , L6 , L7 , RAZRV3 , RAZRV3I , Tundra , V365 , V3r , V3xx
    Nokia: 2600 , 2610 , 6030 , 6085 , 6102i , 6126 , 6555 , 6650 , N75
    Pantech: C150 , C3 , C300 , C520 Breeze , C530 , C610 , C630 , Matrix
    Samsung: A127 , a237 , A517 , a637 , A707 , A717 , A727 , A737 , A767 , a777 , Access , C417 , D347 , D407 , D807 , Eternity , Rugby , SGH-ZX20 , SLM , X507 , ZX10
    Sony Ericsson: W300i , W350 , W580i , W760a , W810i , Z310a , Z525a , Z750a
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ People use Smartphones (such as the iPhone) with TMobile's $5.99 Unlimited T-Zones... Restricting phone models for services is very hard with GSM, so this should work with a Pre. It's easy to restrict with CDMA because ur phone info is hardcoded in to the phone, not a SIM card.
    Last edited by haydur; 03/16/2009 at 10:49 AM.
    Haydur, does the fact that nobody here seems to agree with your thread title still not tell you that this "confirmation" is just something in your head?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ Well as long as Palm / Sprint read these forums, take clues and allow us SERO users to get the Pre, then it's OK. And if more people think that this is not the case, then hey, that's a good thing for me too.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    This is true. (That the quote i took was PALMs words, not Sprints)
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I didn't see this choice in the Poll, but I plan on keeping my SERO plan and purchasing a basic Everything Plan and testing out the Pre for the 30 days, and if I really really like it I'll keep it and transfer my original SERO to a family member and keep the Pre on the new plan and swap cell numbers.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-