View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1415
  1. #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    I see there is this new thread on the same subject so i'll toss my 2 cents.

    Seemed to me, per mypre & precentral's take on the information, was that there really is no definite answer as yet. It needs an unlimited plan. Yes, they will push the SEP, and the other EP's, but i have yet to hear anyone from Sprint say that existing plans with UNLIMITED DATA will NOT be allowed to work with the PRE.

    I might be wishing, or hoping, or stupidly holding on to a dream... but until I hear Sprint specifically say "no" like they did with the Instinct, then I'm going to continue hoping that i dont have to pay $600 per year more, just to have a PRE, when i already have Unlimited Data.

    If I've missed something - let me know. I'll apologize. But i haven't seen anything except "Requires an Unlimited data plan" mentioned anywhere.
    This probably goes without saying based on my last post, but.....

    +1
  2. #582  
    the $99 unlimited everything plan is a beautiful thing.
  3. #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the $99 unlimited everything plan is a beautiful thing.
    Dan... is that you????
  4. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #584  
    That second sentence is a carryover that some jackass probably forgot to delete after they added the Everything plan requirement. Try the wayback machine to see what it read when the phone was announced in Jan.
  5. #585  
    It definitely won't shock me if they force people to "upgrade" from SERO, but as others have commented, they still haven't said outright that SERO users (or people under other old plans with unlimited data) won't be allowed to keep their existing plans. Remember that SERO is not something that they really talk about publicly. Also, I believe this webinar was designed to increase investor confidence, so they'd naturally be touting their fairly expensive (though somewhat better than AT&T) plans. So it's no surprise that they would avoid mentioning SERO in this webinar.

    For those of us on SERO who want a Pre but don't want to pay these much higher rates, another possibility is that they'll at least allow us to to switch to one of the new SERO "everything" plans, which I believe are still discounted compared to the "public" rate plans.

    Personally, I'm also hoping that the added competition might cause AT&T to rethink their rates, as I'm tempted by the iPhone as well.

    There may also be added pressure by T-Mobile (who has very good "public" rate plans), once the next Android phone (and OS upgrade) and new Sidekick (with 854x480 screen!) come out.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  6. #586  
    Those SERO plan holders who think they won't have to change plans to get a Pre better brace themselves for disappointment.
  7. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #587  
    I don't understand the naysayers...

    "They've said they will require an Everything plan, but they haven't said they won't allow SERO."

    Now say that out loud or in your head and tell me those two are not contradicting each other. And remember which one is official.
  8. #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    I don't understand the naysayers...

    "They've said they will require an Everything plan, but they haven't said they won't allow SERO."

    Now say that out loud or in your head and tell me those two are not contradicting each other. And remember which one is official.
    "They've said they will require an Everything plan, but they haven't said they won't allow SERO."

    Care to tell me where you're quoting that from??? You're full of it.

    They HAVEN'T said they won't allow grandfathered plans to get the phone. What... they did it with the Instinct, so they're guaranteed to do it with this too? What makes anyone think they want this phone to go the same way the Instinct did? I find it hard to believe Sprint wants to alienate lots and lots of loyal customers with this phone by making everyone with a plan that's more than a year old get rid of it... whether they have SERO or not. Unlimited data does not equal no SERO.
  9. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #589  
    ^ If you know how to read...

    http://i41.tinypic.com/292utkp.png

    Just because you "find it hard to believe" don't mean it's true. Do you have proof that they will NOT require an Everything plan, then please be my guest and counter this screenshot taken two seconds ago from sprint.com/pre.

    So one more time: If your plan's name doesn't have the word "Everything" in it, you won't be able to activate it. Period.
    Last edited by haydur; 03/12/2009 at 05:19 PM.
  10. #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    ^ If you know how to read...

    http://i41.tinypic.com/292utkp.png

    Just because you "find it hard to believe" don't mean it's true. Do you have proof that they will NOT require an Everything plan, then please be my guest and counter this screenshot taken two seconds ago from sprint.com/pre.

    So one more time: If your plans name doesn't have the word "Everything" in it, you won't be able to activate it. Period.
    You claim I don't know how to read, yet you are ignoring the sentence right after your "proof"????

    I have no proof that they will NOT require an everything plan for existing customers. In fact, I won't be surprised if they do. Yes, I'll think they're stupid, but I won't be surprised.

    However, I'm not going around creating threads that say, "Requires Everything with Data. No SERO. *Confirmed*"... and then starting that thread by saying, "I told you so!" So the burden of proof is not mine.

    There's no proof either way, and anyone who claims that's not true is either making crap up or hasn't presented their proof yet.
  11. #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the $99 unlimited everything plan is a beautiful thing.
    What if you have 5 lines?
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  12. #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Pre Available First Half of 2009, Pricing Plans Confirmed

    I told you so!

    And here's a screenshot of Dieter's comment form the webinar.
    Lot sof us have been saying it. the day CES webcast in january I noted Hesse said exactly what he said four months before instinct release and 15 other things sprint did were identical whit Pre and instinct and not with other handsets and predicted the same restrictions
  13. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #593  
    @wunderful: That sentence after it does not make any sense... because it was there (when the page was launched on 1/08/09) before they added the line "Requires activation on Everything...". The only thing I make out is of this gaffe is that they simply forgot to remove when they were updated the disclaimer.
  14. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Lot sof us have been saying it. the day CES webcast in january I noted Hesse said exactly what he said four months before instinct release and 15 other things sprint did were identical whit Pre and instinct and not with other handsets and predicted the same restrictions
    Dude me too, but some people are just very hard to convince of the reality. They prefer to stay in the Matrix, because they simply cannot survive in the real world. No point in plugging them out anymore...
  15. #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Lot sof us have been saying it. the day CES webcast in january I noted Hesse said exactly what he said four months before instinct release and 15 other things sprint did were identical whit Pre and instinct and not with other handsets and predicted the same restrictions
    Yes... and I'm not saying for a second that your prediction is wrong. Just saying that it's still a prediction at this point, regardless of how educated of a guess it is.

    I do not put it past either of them to be this stupid... but I can't believe Palm would be okay with Sprint not allowing any plan that's more than a year old to work with the Pre. This is the phone that's supposed to save Palm, and that's a pretty significant restriction on who will be allowed to buy it.

    The iPhone was revolutionary for its time, so it succeeded at convincing people to buy it with no qualms about switching to a significantly higher priced plan. However, no other phone has succeeded at this, and the Palm may be slightly better than any other choice out there... but it is not nearly as revolutionary as the iPhone was. I believe it will be very conceited and overconfident of both Sprint and Palm to not learn a lesson from the Instinct.
  16. #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    @wunderful: That sentence after it does not make any sense... because it was there (when the page was launched on 1/08/09) before they added the line "Requires activation on Everything...". The only thing I make out is of this gaffe is that they simply forgot to remove when they were updated the disclaimer.
    So one part of the disclaimer makes no sense... but another part of the disclaimer counts as absolute proof??? That's some fuzzy logic in my mind.
  17. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderful View Post
    So one part of the disclaimer makes no sense... but another part of the disclaimer counts as absolute proof??? That's some fuzzy logic in my mind.
    Did you read the whole thing? I said it doesn't make sense and followed it with the explanation. Re-read pls.
  18. #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderful View Post
    So one part of the disclaimer makes no sense... but another part of the disclaimer counts as absolute proof??? That's some fuzzy logic in my mind.
    Well I would hold the part about an Everything plan as right, because the webinar today confirmed that.
  19. #599  
    Come on people... OF COURSE an Everything plan is required when buying a new phone with a new plan. It's the ONLY type of plan currently available with unlimited data.

    But nobody from Sprint has come out and said that the millions of customers with old plans with unlimited data will be required to ditch them. And until someone does come out and say that, the confirmation that this thread's title claims simply isn't true.
  20. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderful View Post
    I do not put it past either of them to be this stupid... but I can't believe Palm would be okay with Sprint not allowing any plan that's more than a year old to work with the Pre. This is the phone that's supposed to save Palm, and that's a pretty significant restriction on who will be allowed to buy it.
    Sprint is only sells phones to make money on the service (they probably lose money on most of their handsets). They are interested in signing up new customers that the Pre will be bringing in a lot more than keeping old customers with extremely low monthly bills. But, they can't simply disallow all smartphones from old from being used with old plans, so it'll only be flagship phones that'll require specific plans, like the Instinct or the Pre (similar to the iPhone or G1).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions