View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    but be warned... more than likely the sero plans will not work with the pre.
    Why wouldnt SERO not work with the Pre?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    Pre will require a plan with the word "Everything" in its name, that's why.

Ref: Sprint.com/pre
    a very high percentage of TCers have the SERO deal (almost all long time participants in this forum had the chance to learn how it was done). I'm one of those -- $30/mo. 500 min. unlimited data etc.

Given the economic conditions (i.e a global catastophic nightmare) it would be entirely understandable if even some of the folks here -- (panting drooling crazed fans for the Pre) delay their upgrade in order preserve their bargain cell phone plans.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Did any of you guys ever consider that perhaps you are part of the reason Sprint is struggling...all of you SERO people paying $30 a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Did any of you guys ever consider that perhaps you are part of the reason Sprint is struggling...all of you SERO people paying $30 a month?
    Did you consider that Sero, which became a viral marketing campaign when Sprint desperately needed new sign ups to get the last of the pre-saturation market share -- is part of the reason Sprint didn't tank last year.

You don't hang up a huge "sale" sign because you desperately need customers to move un earning inventory or take Money away from your competition, and then **** on those that walk in the door and buy.

I have a five line family plan and one SERO, I understand why Sprint wants to move people to higher ARPU and that Instinct and Pre are desinged to do that, good for them, but it is silly to blame all those people on SERO for Sprints troubles which were Sprint caused and center on policies, reputation and Sprint decisions all made before SERO existed.

There is a good chance there would be no Sprint and no Pre if it weren't for all those Centro carrying SERO customers.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Well unless Sprint is losing not making any money off of us I know a lot of us wouldn't be here. When we signed up for it 2 or 3 years ago going to Sprint was like dating a fat chick. Sprint is still making money off of the $30, 450 min people.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    Because its purpose from sprints point of view is to move people to everything plans and to higher ARPU. Sprint makes no money selling phones, they lose money. they make money selling plans.
    How did this become yet another SERO thread?

Anyway, to address the original point, Sprint's Everything Plans, like the Everything Data 450 you mentioned (which I also have) are a steal compared to the plans of other carriers. And one thing you neglected to mention that you may or may not use on the Pre would be unlimited GPS navigation in the Sprint Navigation (a branded form of Telenav) application. While the GPS will almost certainly be accessible to other applications, on many other carriers the actual navigation costs extra as well (unless you're using TomTom or Garmin Mobile or something).
    Question for the experts:

Can exiting customers get on the SERO Everything plans or just new subscribers?

Currently I am on the 2000 minute $85 plan but pay $39 for my Blackberry data plan and $15 for my wife's data plan. So $139. We really don't use more than 1200-1300 minutes most months.

I'm guessing I won't be able to keep this plan when we want to upgrade to the Pre so maybe it makes sense to move to the new plan now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    How did this become yet another SERO thread?

Anyway, to address the original point, Sprint's Everything Plans, like the Everything Data 450 you mentioned (which I also have) are a steal compared to the plans of other carriers. And one thing you neglected to mention that you may or may not use on the Pre would be unlimited GPS navigation in the Sprint Navigation (a branded form of Telenav) application. While the GPS will almost certainly be accessible to other applications, on many other carriers the actual navigation costs extra as well (unless you're using TomTom or Garmin Mobile or something).
    Is there confirmation that Telnav ships with the Pre?
    well it has built in gps and the everything plans include nav. If you're going to force your customers into an Everything plan that includes nav but not put it on your flagship phone, I think that would be a bit on the stupid side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    http://www.palm.com/us/assets/images...Navigation.jpg

Not quite confirmation, but close enough I think.
    confirmation of what????
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Of that.
    Guys, I am paying $100 total bill for:

900 min
    Unl Text
    Internet (for 755p)
    Insurance

Live near Chicago

Is there any plan I can get for better? Like this SERO plan?? I'm not too literate with phone plans.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Guys, I am paying $100 total bill for:

900 min
    Unl Text
    Internet (for 755p)
    Insurance

Live near Chicago

Is there any plan I can get for better? Like this SERO plan?? I'm not too literate with phone plans.
    Yea... Just get the flagship Simply Everything Plan. Unlimited Minutes, Text, Data, Navagation, and Sprint TV. It's about the same price with the bonuses mentioned.
    Lawwd in the skies...Whatever happened to the good ol days of $29.99 for 200 mins, unlimited n/w plus $15 for unlimited data (well it used to be $10)...for those who don't want a minimum $70 cell phone bill..and that's not even including the taxes YET..

*If not for the fact that Boost Mobile's phone selection sucks (no qwerty or smartphone), their unlimited talk, text, web and walkie plan, all for $50 is a DEAL.*
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I have 2100 minutes, N/W starting at 7, free data on 2 phones, 500 texts for every phone, and 4 phones for just over $100/month with taxes and fees. :-P Being a customer for over 11 years definitely helps. Sprint representatives are very interested in keeping us as customers since we've been loyal for so many years. We can usually get really good prices on the phones also.

Don't ask me what kind of plan that is, cause really we've just been grandfathered into a ton of deals. Only thing I can recommend is checking if sprint offers your company discounts. I think depending on what company you work for it can be as much as 25%.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I have 2100 minutes, N/W starting at 7, free data on 2 phones, 500 texts for every phone, and 4 phones for just over $100/month with taxes and fees. :-P Being a customer for over 11 years definitely helps. Sprint representatives are very interested in keeping us as customers since we've been loyal for so many years. We can usually get really good prices on the phones also.

Don't ask me what kind of plan that is, cause really we've just been grandfathered into a ton of deals. Only thing I can recommend is checking if sprint offers your company discounts. I think depending on what company you work for it can be as much as 25%.
    Dude, i don't even want to mention my plan (customer since "99/2000) for fear of everyone dropping like flies outta their computer chairs.

Let's just say it's so good, it's highly classified.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Dude, i don't even want to mention my plan (customer since "99/2000) for fear of everyone dropping like flies outta their computer chairs.

Let's just say it's so good, it's highly classified.
    LoL. I don't doubt it. Honestly I think we could've had a better plan, but over the years we gave up some of our cheaper rates for stuff like free data, free phones, and that sort of thing. We used to have unlimited texts but gave that up for other stuff. Sprint is really good about working with their long time customers. I'm probably gonna grab a couple Palm Pre's on day 1, so I hope Sprint will give us a good deal on 'em.