View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If you got such bad service then its not really about the 30. You also mentioned you have a tmobile line out of contract.

Time to stop feeding the troll
    Yup, I agree, why would anyone want to pay fifty bugs more unless there is a necessity.

I know for fact that SPRINT let a friend of mine pay 10 buck and keep his SERO plan for TOUCH Diamond. He was told to upgrade to SE plan , which he resisted.
    The rep at the store checked the account and added the extra package.
    My buddy was happy and signed for another 2 years.
    I talked to a local Sprint rep. Says that $70/month will buy me 450 primetime minutes (7AM-7PM), unlimited off-peak minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text messages, unlimited free roaming, and unlimited free roaming on Verizon's network in places where Sprint coverage is not adequate. He says that this is what I should expect for the Pre. Beats the pants off of what AT&T rips me off for.
    -- josh
    www.sprint.com/sero

To access you need these:

Sprint Employee Email Address: russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com

Last 3 Digits of Employee ID: 383

Simply EverythingSM

Everything your phone, PDA or smartphone can do nationwide - unlimited text, surf, email, listen, watch, find and, of course, talk - on one simple plan. Bundle and save: Add wireless internet on the go to Simply Everything and get both for just $149.99/mo. This bundle offer is available only in Sprint stores or by calling 1-800-SPRINT-1.
    This plan includes

* Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
    * Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
    * Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
    * Unlimited talk: Unlimited anytime minutes, nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
    * More about what's included in this plan

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes
    Unlimited $99.99 Unlimited

Everything Plus™ Referral Program

Everything your phone can do — chirp, text, surf, watch, email, listen, find and, of course, talk — on one simple plan.
    This plan includes

* Unlimited Data: Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music Premier, Sprint TV Premier, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS)
    * Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
    * Unlimited Messages: Text, pictures and video
    * Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling starting at 7 p.m. and weekends, domestic long distance and no roaming charges
    * More about what’s included in this plan

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes
    500 $59.99 45˘/min
    1000 $79.99 40˘/min

Everything Plus™ Family

Have fun with your phones —unlimited email, Web, TV, text and more.
    This plan includes

* Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
    * Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
    * Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
    * Lines 1-2 included. Lines 3-5 are $14.99/mo./line
    * Featured services for Nextel Direct Connect® capable phones: Direct Connect and Group Connect® $10/mo./line (Look for this on the Services page prior to checkout.)
    * Learn more about what's included in this plan

Additional plan options:
    Unlimited Nights & Weekends

Unlimited Nights & Weekends starting at 7pm! - $0.00
    Nights and Weekends starting at 6PM - $10.00

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes Lines
    1600 $109.99 40˘/min
    3200 $149.99 25˘/min
    Last edited by cardfan; 03/05/2009 at 08:20 AM.
    Wow, those details are even better. It would be soooooooo nice to kiss AT&T goodbye.
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Wow, those details are even better. It would be soooooooo nice to kiss AT&T goodbye.
    -- Josh
    need to get his email address and employee ID number to get SERO =D
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    but be warned... more than likely the sero plans will not work with the pre.
    The ones i posted above should be fine. But...

The old Sero (30 a month) probably won't be fine such as the one i currently use for my wife's centro:

SERO F&F 500- $0.0
    Plan Features:

* Sprint Fair & Flex
    * Caller ID
    * Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    * Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * Voicemail
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (pcs to Pcs)
    Unlimited data
    Unlimited texting

That's the plan that won't likely be usable and is what all the debate is centered around.
    Yeah these new plans are atrocious compared to the Sero of just 9 months ago. I too am on the $30 - 500 minute, unlimited everything plan. And my nights and weekends start at 6.

So now you have to pay $70 for unlimited data and 50 minutes less? Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not that it's my place to stick up for kasi1222, but did you miss this part of his post on what the rep said his plan was listed as in the system?

How would you not interpret that to mean kasi1222 is on a SERO Everything Plus Plan?
    Right.

It's also well known that Sprint recently switched their Customer Service software to something else from... Compass, was it? So it's very possible the SERO plan got renamed in their software.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not that it's my place to stick up for kasi1222, but did you miss this part of his post on what the rep said his plan was listed as in the system?
    How would you not interpret that to mean kasi1222 is on a SERO Everything Plus Plan?
    @NachoB Sorry, I got confused. You see there's the old SERO 500 plan for $30 (which I have) and the new $59.99 plan called the "Everything Plus Referral". Both come with 500 minutes and unlimited everything, but $30 is not listed as an "Everything" plan for obvious reasons... it's so cheap.

@cardfan So you have 800+ posts and that gives you the right to call anyone a troll? When did I troll? Anyway, to answer you obvious question, I've kept the plan because I can switch to roaming on Verizon when I am at home, but that kills my EVDO connection.

Guys, don't get me wrong... I love the Pre. But it's not out yet; we don't know when it's going to come out; if it will work with the old SERO or not; or even if it works as demoed. I mean, let's not get blinded by the awesomeness here!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I feel so spoiled by my $30 SERO 500 looking at your joy of paying $70 for 450 minutes...
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post

I'm only with Sprint for the SERO (I don't even get good signal at my apartment!).

I have an expired (contractless) line with T-Mobile

And I am willing to pay more to another carrier [T-Mobile] because:

* T-Mobile actually works in apartment. Sprint loses signal and drop every other call
    Let me get this straight. You're with SERO only because you can roam on verizon to make calls. Yet you got a tmobile phone laying around that gets perfect reception for you?
    Anyway, to answer you obvious question, I've kept the plan because I can switch to roaming on Verizon when I am at home, but that kills my EVDO connection.
    I thought Sprint could roam on Verizon, and vice versa, no charge?
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/05/2009 at 11:38 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Let me get this straight. You're with SERO only because you can roam on verizon to make calls. Yet you got a tmobile phone laying around that gets perfect reception for you?
    Well obviously I am not keeping the T-Mobile as a just a show piece. I've given it to a friend to use and he pays the bill (but I can use it as a leverage point to get a deal out of T-Mobile retention when I need it!). And I roam on Verizon when I am at home due to the bad reception issue.

NachoB Yes, Sprint can roam on Verizon for free, but only on 1xRTT for data - not EVDO. Sprint has removed the option from Windows Mobile to switch exclusively to Verizon's towers in their newest OS update for the Touch, but you can get past that with a registry hack.
  15.    #515  
    Please don't call people trolls.
    If they are a troll, the post should be reported, and not replied to.

Please review the forum guidelines.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    To repeat history the Pre would have to suck like the Instinct. The demos provided says otherwise.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Sprint should remember that forcing everyone on the Simply Everything Plan for the Instinct contributed to its resounding flop. Sprint just overestimated the desire for the Instinct.

I think Sprint might be repeating history with the Pre...
    Well there are actually two sides to that issue...

First, why would anyone get a data-centric phone, like the Instinct, without unlimited data? I say unlimited data because carriers today don't have tiered data plans, i.e. $10 for 1GB and $15 for 2GB. It's either data, or no data.

So, the question really comes down to Sprint requiring the old SERO customers, most of whom are knowledgeable heavy data users, to upgrade to the new SERO or get an "Everything" plan. I think they are trying to leverage these new phones to get old SERO customers to upgrade.

Note: Please keep in mind that Sprint does not require the Simply Everything with the Instinct, any Everything plan will do.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    @NachoB Sorry, I got confused. You see there's the old SERO 500 plan for $30 (which I have) and the new $59.99 plan called the "Everything Plus Referral". Both come with 500 minutes and unlimited everything, but $30 is not listed as an "Everything" plan for obvious reasons... it's so cheap.
    I am on the old SERO 500 plan for $30 (2 lines on this plan, actually), and this is what was listed in the system as the SERO Everything Plus plan.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    One thing I just noticed was that the fine print for the Treo Pro says "Or a $30 add-on".

As a SERO customer, looking at my account now on their web page, they actually show my plan as costing $0 but it has a "Sprint F&F EMP Referral 500" for $30 showing up as an add-on.

I guess it really depends on how their system is programmed, as to if it would consider it a qualifying $30 add-on.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kasi1222 View Post
    I am on the old SERO 500 plan for $30 (2 lines on this plan, actually), and this is what was listed in the system as the SERO Everything Plus plan.
    You might be in luck then, I think they would probably allow you to get the Pre without changing plans. And I am not surprised that this is going on at Sprint... the same plan listed under three different names (SERO F&F 500, SERO Everything Plus, Sprint F&F EMP Referral 500...)