View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    I don't want this to turn into a debate but I'll add my 2 cents.
    I left VZW after 13 years for Sprint for one reason, SERO.
    That's $37 (I have TEP on my Treo 700p) a month they get from me they never would have gotten if not for SERO.
    Sprint offered SERO to poach customers from their competitors and hey, they got me.
    I also got 4 other people to port to Sprint SERO plans. So, now, they're getting at least $150 a month for 2 years they wouldn't have gotten if not for SERO.
    Since I've gotten SERO, I have not called Sprint for any extra perk such as first incoming minute free, a corporate discount or 6 p.m. nights like a FEW other SERO customers have.
    Heck, I've only made 1 tech call in almost 2 years.
    And I've told others that Sprint has done a great job improving service and coverage, which as we know, good word of the mouth is the best advertising.
    I pay my bill on time, only use on average 200 daytime minutes monthly, about 200 texts and a GB of data (I have a Slingbox).
    So, now that my contract is ending, all I want is the Pre with my $150 2-year discount and to keep my existing plan.
    I don't expect nor want the rebate, I'll pay more than my fair share for the Pre, I just want to keep the plan that Sprint offered me to get my business.
    OK, rant over.
    I'm on SERO and while disappointed I may not be able to get a Pre w/o changing plans, I'm not angry at Sprint. However it does mean that I'll probably just stick with my refreshed centro because as great as the Pre may be its not worth an additional $30/month for me. Honestly, the pre doesn't offer that much more to me over my centro other than a nice new form factor. In fact, without micro card and palmos emualtion I have to give up quite a bit.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by UGADawginVA View Post
    Sprint - Palm Pre

If you look at the just released Sprint web site for the Pre and then read the fine print at the bottom it says...REQUIRES SIMPLY EVERYTHING PLAN WITH DATA.

Just as I expected...and that is why I did not get excited about the Pre's release with my $40/1000 min a month retention plan.

Cest la vie.
    aw $#!+
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Wasn't this same requirement needed to get the Diamond and Touch Pro? I was able to get a Diamond and Touch Pro. I have a family plan that is 5-6 years old and have 4 other lines on the plan. I do not want to change to a plan that adds texting and internet to all the lines, since the other 4 lines NEVER text or use internet.
    Last edited by anish3232; 02/14/2009 at 09:45 PM.
    Oh well...I was looking forward to the Pre, but if they're not going to let me use it with SERO I'll just have to skip it. There's no way I'm giving up my SERO plan. I'd gladly pay $500 for the phone if they let me keep my plan.

Looks like it's the Touch Pro / Treo Pro + PointUI for me! At least it'll still be a huge upgrade from this wretched Moto Q that I've been tied to for nearly 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1285 View Post
    Oh well...I was looking forward to the Pre, but if they're not going to let me use it with SERO I'll just have to skip it. There's no way I'm giving up my SERO plan. I'd gladly pay $500 for the phone if they let me keep my plan.

Looks like it's the Touch Pro / Treo Pro + PointUI for me! At least it'll still be a huge upgrade from this wretched Moto Q that I've been tied to for nearly 2 years.
    Off topic, but the original Q? I have the Q9c and I really like it. I'm not a fan of Windows Mobile but the non-touchscreen version on the Q/Q9c is more intuitive and better to use than the touchscreen version, as far as I'm concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Off topic, but the original Q? I have the Q9c and I really like it. I'm not a fan of Windows Mobile but the non-touchscreen version on the Q/Q9c is more intuitive and better to use than the touchscreen version, as far as I'm concerned.
    Original Q. It is horrid. Frequently locks up, often slow to respond no matter how many times I reset it or how often I manually shut down processes. I'm actually on my third one since Sprint has replaced it twice. This one still has the problems mentioned, although it at least receives all my calls properly.

I've used other Windows Mobile phones before and have found them to be just fine. It's just the Q that's an absolute abomination. I really liked what I saw from Palm's WebOS (been following it quite closely) but I absolutely refuse to pay more every month for the privilege of owning a "hot" phone. My $30 SERO plan is what got me to switch to Sprint, and it's really the only thing that will keep me with them. They're still making plenty of money even at $30/mo. I typically use less than 100 minutes / 15 mb / 10 texts a month, so to pay $60-70/mo would not be worth it at all. Of course, if I had a Pre I'd probably use considerably more data...
    Quote Originally Posted by anish3232 View Post
    Wasn't this same requirement needed to get the Diamond and Touch Pro?
    No it is a mirror of the Instinct.
    It could be a glitch, but if you were thinking of switching to Sprint for the Pre, this might be a good time to do it. This is under the new Sero.

Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program

russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com

Choose plans, shared and it brings up the shared plan. Supposed lines 3-5 are $15/mo, but they're coming up free at the moment. Could be a time to switch. I wonder if you postpone getting a phone (picking up a cheap temp phone for now) you could choose the Pre when it comes out at the new price.

Just thought I'd share since many were complaining about family plans and SE. Saw this over at slickdeals.net.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    wow what a deal! if u do this and it turns out to be a glitch, they have to honor it rite?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    actually i think the 1600 min plan would be better for me.... but i personally would not go to this plan until you see the pre as an available phone.
    well if it's a glitch, it might get corrected. I wonder what they would do. You'd have an easy out if they didn't honor it since it's their mistake. The question would be if they wanted to lose or retain the customer.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    i think they legally have to honor it
    i had to switch to the simply everything plan. between my wife and i we use on average 6-7000 min per month. i can not leave sprint based on that usage. another place would charge me twice what i am paying now. 189 for the both of us unlimited, too good for me.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    If you go through the process, the additional lines (14.99) get added after you choose the phone.. But still an excellent deal.
    nope. you're wrong. Many have done it on the slickdeals site, and I'm on the last page of checking out now with 5 phones and my monthly service charge of $150. Nothing on the extra 4 phones about $14.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    If you go through the process, the additional lines (14.99) get added after you choose the phone.. But still an excellent deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You'd have to buy the Pre at full price afterwards. Just wait til its on there as an option to buy.

It's a gamble that they won't go anywhere, but its doubtful they will. But its just as much of a gamble that they'll let you put a Pre on it later.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    nope. you're wrong. Many have done it on the slickdeals site, and I'm on the last page of checking out now with 5 phones and my monthly service charge of $150. Nothing on the extra 4 phones about $14.99.
    I see what I did wrong.. I added N/W for 10.00 and it was +40 on the monthly fees.. made it look like charges for additional 2 handsets...
    Sprint Brings Even More Value to Customers with New Simply Everything Plan + Mobile Broadband

If you plan on using the Pre and tethering it, this sounds like a great plan..
    Actually this plan is for a phone plus a USB modem. Nothing to do with tethering at all.