View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It says "Requires Everything Plan with Data", not Simply Everything Plan. That implies that the Everything Data 450 and the Everything Data 900 plans should also work.
    Plus at the bottom of the page right next to where it says you need an Everything Plan with Data it says "$0.03/kb charge applies without a data plan". That statement implies that you don't need an Everything plan (since data is included in that plan) to have the phone.
    Last edited by laravia18; 02/13/2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Sprint SERO Plans now Sprint Everything Plus FAQ

Actually the lowest is 59 a month if you hop on the plan formerly known as SERO.
    There are more Everything with Data plans besides the Simply Everything Plan.............
    That's been there since day one, if you read the rest of the forums it talks about it. Just look up simply everything...
    Is it really that hard for people to read and search before posting new threads? This was already discussed in another thread and I definately never saw the words "Simply Everything Plan".
    Quote Originally Posted by laravia18 View Post
    Plus at the bottom of the page right next to where it says you need an Everything Plan with Data it says "$0.03/kb charge applies without a data plan". That statement implies that you don't need an Everything plan (since data is included in that plan) to have the phone.
    Nope.
    That is a disclaimer in case you purchase it in the round about way, for example for full price, and activate it. They need to say that with every device.

Hesse said "everything plans" and ARPU on Jan 9th at the official launch,. He wasn't just mumbling.

They are going to be a requirement. The fact that the sprint reps are being told that and relating it here, on HoFo and sprintusers, ought to ttell you that is going to be the case.

Wil some people slip by yes. Do you have a prayer in heck of getting one subsidized on Sero? no.
    ^^I am actually on a Everything Data plan so I will be able to activate the phone. But there is a SERO Everything Data plan as well. What does Hesse say about those people?
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Everyone that has SERO has an unlimited data plan right? Its part of the 450 mine / $30 plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    Everyone that has SERO has an unlimited data plan right? Its part of the 450 mine / $30 plan.
    No the one for $30 does not have unlimited data. There are three that do though.

Everything Plus 500 — 500 Minutes, EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 59.99
    Everything Plus 1000 — 1,000 Minutes,EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 79.99
    Simply Everything (Unlimited) — Unlimited voice ,EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 99.99

Personally if I could get SERO I wouldn't mind paying full price for my phone. I will still save in the end. But if you are able to get a discount, more power to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    These prices are actually rather close to AT&T's plans for the iPhone.

The Everything Plans are no bargain when compared to the SERO plan I have--- $35--included taxes.
    Do I have to down grade to a "Pro" Sprint please tell me it's not true
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laravia18 View Post
    No the one for $30 does not have unlimited data. There are three that do though.

Everything Plus 500 500 Minutes, EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 59.99
    Everything Plus 1000 1,000 Minutes,EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 79.99
    Simply Everything (Unlimited) Unlimited voice ,EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 99.99

Personally if I could get SERO I wouldn't mind paying full price for my phone. I will still save in the end. But if you are able to get a discount, more power to you.
    I am on the $30/month 500 minute SERO plan and it does have unlimited data and unlimited text. It does not have unlimited GPS navigation though.
    Do you really think you can keep a 35 a month plan with unlimited data, unlimited texting, etc...forever?

If i was Sprint, i'd end that.

Now that's not good for you or me, but how the heck will Sprint compete with AT&T when AT&T is making (39 (voice)+30 (data)+20 (text) = 89 a month for the same plan (iphone plan)? Sprint's even has more minutes in that plan at 500 vs 450 and sprint also offers unlimited nights and weekends vs 5000 min for at&T.

That's a heck of a 30 dollar plan and you and i are right to keep it if at all possible. But its hurting Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I am on the $30/month 500 minute SERO plan and it does have unlimited data and unlimited text. It does not have unlimited GPS navigation though.
    Oooh that is cool. I wouldn't mind having that.
    Try to find unlimited everything on another carrier for 99.99$'s.
    Minutes
    GPS
    Data/Text
    TV
    Radio
    etc

SEP is not a bad deal. No other carrier has anything like it for the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Do you really think you can keep a 35 a month plan with unlimited data, unlimited texting, etc...forever?
    Yes, why not?
    BARYE intends to live forever -- keeping his SERO plan to the end...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    If you have SERO, you want to keep it as long as humanly possible.
    I know I do.
    Until I read a Sprint press release saying SE only, I will have hope I can get the Pre and keep SERO.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    If you have SERO, you want to keep it as long as humanly possible.
    I know I do.
    Until I read a Sprint press release saying SE only, I will have hope I can get the Pre and keep SERO.
    I'm in the same boat, although its not looking very good right now.....
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

If i was Sprint, i'd end that.

Now that's not good for you or me, but how the heck will Sprint compete with AT&T when AT&T is making (39 (voice)+30 (data)+20 (text) = 89 a month for the same plan (iphone plan)? Sprint's even has more minutes in that plan at 500 vs 450 and sprint also offers unlimited nights and weekends vs 5000 min for at&T.

That's a heck of a 30 dollar plan and you and i are right to keep it if at all possible. But its hurting Sprint.
    It isn't hurting Sprint if a customer keeps their service with Sprint because AT&T, for example, is so much more expensive for frankly inferior service. It also isn't hurting Sprint if they attract new customers because of having cheaper rate plans than competitors.

Look, in this economy, people are more aware of price than ever. Pretty soon, people on AT&T are going to wake up and realize that the whole "More bars in more places" is marketing hype, and that they can get actually better service through Sprint for quite a bit less money.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    It isn't hurting Sprint if a customer keeps their service with Sprint because AT&T, for example, is so much more expensive for frankly inferior service. It also isn't hurting Sprint if they attract new customers because of having cheaper rate plans than competitors.

Look, in this economy, people are more aware of price than ever. Pretty soon, people on AT&T are going to wake up and realize that the whole "More bars in more places" is marketing hype, and that they can get actually better service through Sprint for quite a bit less money.
    So True