View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1415
  1. #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    If you tried to get an Instinct on that plan you would run into resistance. Sprint has indicated they plan to do the same as they did with instinct which means under normal circumstances you would not be able to activate a Pre.

    You may be able to do something with retentions as a small group of people were able to do with Instinct. but the plan is to require SEP
    Wrong on both counts.

    Sprint will, according tot he dtails on their web site and reports by people here, sell you an Instinct on your existing plan, as long as it's got a data pack. What they won't do is give you a rebate and new-line or upgrade discount.

    Nor has Sprint said they plan to do the same for the Pre. There was a vague statement relating the Pre to the Instinct, in some vague way, which some people have jumped on as meaning they will have the same plan rules. But given how vague the comment was, that's jumping to conclusions.

    The FACT is that no one knows, and anyone who says they know, and doesn't work at high levels within Sprint, is prevaricating.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  2. #322  
    And so meyerweb has spoken, and so it shall be.
  3. sub150's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    #323  
    So tell me how right this is...

    If we have SERO plans...I have 500 min with unlimited data and text...for like 35 bucks a month...we THINK will be able to keep the plan IF we don't upgrade our line and if we don't get the discount by signing a new 2 year contract. Basically...I will be paying the regular price.

    The end of my first 2 year contract with sprint is ending March 15th or 28th...something like that...so will I get the $150 discount for being with them for 2 years or not? I have no problem paying 500 bucks for this phone if I can keep my SERO plan. Anyone other plan will be 70...so 35*24=840 bucks saved over 2 year...WELL worth it and I'll have an amazing phone.
  4. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Wrong on both counts.

    Sprint will, according tot he dtails on their web site and reports by people here, sell you an Instinct on your existing plan, as long as it's got a data pack. What they won't do is give you a rebate and new-line or upgrade discount.

    Nor has Sprint said they plan to do the same for the Pre. There was a vague statement relating the Pre to the Instinct, in some vague way, which some people have jumped on as meaning they will have the same plan rules. But given how vague the comment was, that's jumping to conclusions.

    The FACT is that no one knows, and anyone who says they know, and doesn't work at high levels within Sprint, is prevaricating.
    This is from Sprint's website:

    About plans for the Samsung Instinct™
    We're glad you're interested in our new Instinct. Here's what you need to know about available plans:
    Before you buy or upgrade
    To take full advantage of the Instinct's expansive features, you'll need an innovative approach to service. That's why we're only offering the Instinct with a Simply Everything TM, Everything Data, Simply Everything Family or Everything Data Family plans, which include domestic voice, e-mail, texting, GPS navigation and more.


    About plans for the Samsung Instinct™
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    This is from Sprint's website:

    About plans for the Samsung Instinct™
    We're glad you're interested in our new Instinct. Here's what you need to know about available plans:
    Before you buy or upgrade
    To take full advantage of the Instinct's expansive features, you'll need an innovative approach to service. That's why we're only offering the Instinct with a Simply Everything TM, Everything Data, Simply Everything Family or Everything Data Family plans, which include domestic voice, e-mail, texting, GPS navigation and more.


    About plans for the Samsung Instinct™

    Exactly, contrary to what meyerweb wants to think... countless people have told him, the Instinct requires the "Everything" plans. Some people, a VERY small minority, have gotten away with retention plans that do not have the "Everything" moniker. It isn't the norm, and a plain old CS rep can't override it. It has to be someone with authority to override the "Everything" prompt within the system. This is usually done by adding the more expensive $30 Data plan to the account.

    He just posts about that it not requiring the "Everything" brand because he is in denial. He is hoping he doesn't have to change anything to get the Pre. He is correct about one thing, nothing has been confirmed (although, rumblings are indeed the same for the Pre as they are with the Instinct). Yano the old expression, "You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which gets filled first"? That applies here.
  6. BQ91's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #326  
    One of the big issues for me is if I am forced to move from my old fair and flexable family plan of 2200mins to a new family simply everything data plan at 1500mins, is the fact I was told that my company Discount does not apply to a SE family data. Does anyone know if that is true that if forced to switch to a 1500min simply dats shared plan that I will lose my company Discount? Basicly totaled all SE plans do not get company discount credits. If I can keep my discount the cost to change will be like about $50 a month more and that I could handle, if I lose the discount the cost goes up to $100 a month and that will be tough take. Thanks

    I am on a plan thru the business department not retail, FYI
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
  7. #327  
    That discount can and should be applied to ANY plan unless you are getting another discount (i.e. additional phone line for free), than I am told that they cannot stack those discounts (which I am also told can actually be done if you get the right CSR).
  8. BQ91's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #328  
    Ok I just saw this on the site so I guess it is true no company discounts.

    Other Terms: Offer & service plan features not available in all markets/retail locations or for all phones/networks. The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches over 262 million people. The Nextel National Network reaches over 274 million people. The Sprint Mobile Broadband Network reaches over 241 million people. Coverage not available everywhere. Not combinable with other discounts. Other restrictions apply. Not combinable with other discounts. Other restrictions apply. See store or Sprint.com for details. © 2008 NFL Properties LLC. NASCAR® and the NASCAR logo are registered trademarks of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing.

    Discounts: The Simply Everything plan is not combinable with any other discounts.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
  9. #329  
    One way the misconception about SE and the Pre came to be was the CES show.
    Hesse said Sprint had the highest ARPU in the industry. He then talked about the SE plans but did not say it would specifically be required with the Pre.
    Watch the video at Palm's site, he doesn't specifically say SE is required to get the Pre.
    You want to think Sprint doesn't want to lose any more of its current customers by making them change their plans to get the Pre.
    In six months it will be on other carriers, the KC Business Journal said that in a recent story, so there will be other options.
    But I love my Sprint SERO plan and their coverage, so I don't want to leave.
  10. #330  
    When the Instinct first came out it required the SE plan for $99. The other everything plans only came out after the Instinct did not become the success that Sprint thought it would be. Unfortunately, a lot of the Best Buys & other Sprint resellers out there still think that the phone is still only available with the $99 plan and only sell other phones on the other everything plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    So tell me how right this is...

    If we have SERO plans...I have 500 min with unlimited data and text...for like 35 bucks a month...we THINK will be able to keep the plan IF we don't upgrade our line and if we don't get the discount by signing a new 2 year contract. Basically...I will be paying the regular price.

    The end of my first 2 year contract with sprint is ending March 15th or 28th...something like that...so will I get the $150 discount for being with them for 2 years or not? I have no problem paying 500 bucks for this phone if I can keep my SERO plan. Anyone other plan will be 70...so 35*24=840 bucks saved over 2 year...WELL worth it and I'll have an amazing phone.
    My feeling is that any phone you get that will allow you to keep your SERO plan, will also allow you to get your $150 renewal discount. I feel this way because I did it with the Touch Pro, and then the day that the Sprint Treo Pro was suppossed to come out, they were going to let me have it again for renewing. So if we're lucky enough to have the Pre become available on other than everything plans, we should be able to get the discount for extending our contract. Just be sure that you use the word extending when purchasing, so they don't confuse anything. We will however, not be eligable for the rebate, but if you get your phone at Best Buy, you will most likely get it for the price after the rebate since they don't do rebates.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  11. sub150's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    #331  
    Ya...that is what I was thinking. And doesn't BB have the best warranties on phones? If this isn't available with SERO then I will be furious. I'll stay with sprint out of contract until the iPhone 2 comes out and pay the extra money for the best device out there (the iPhone 2 is gonna SMASH the Pre IMO) or stay with sprint and get the HTC Touch HD Pro () if it comes out.
  12. #332  
    It's nice to know that you're comparing a phone that doesn't exist to a phone that you've never even laid a finger on. Nice assumption.
  13. sub150's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    #333  
    Ya...but does anyone on this board not think that the iPhone<Pre<iPhone2 (when it comes). Jobs isn't stupid. He will take what he wants from the Pre and add his own stuff and come up with a great phone. The better the Pre is the better the iPhone 2 will be...
  14. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #334  
    Well you see... Palm isn't stupid either. They weren't just going to just come out with a product that would easily be trumped in a year's time. The key is webOS, which, from the little that I understand of OS's, can't just be copied feature for feature in the iphone. If it was easy to modify an OS, Garnet would have been gone a long time ago.

    I won't say the Pre is the ultimate phone that no one will ever be able to beat. Sure the iphone 2 could possibly be really great, but it is most definitely not an assumption of mine that I'd think the iphone2 will automatically be better than the Pre. There's just simply no information on it.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  15. #335  
    I can't imagine apple will worry too much about Pre's features. There's features now such as MMS, editing office docs, stereo bt, tethering, ...and the list goes on...that they've not bothered to copy or put in.

    Why in the world would they worry about features in an upcoming Pre that 95%+ of most buyers never heard of? yet..

    I see the iphone continuing to be closed, and heavily controlled where apps is concerned. No doubt new iphones will get more "features" but only ones apple would deem useful to sell its iphones. More storage, perhaps multitasking, but i don't see anything earth changing coming.

    In the short term, this still works for them. In the long term, it won't as others, like the Pre, can offer the similar touch screen experience along with many more features.

    Iphone is very similar to AOL imo when AOL first came out. Remember how AOL had your email tied to them? At least apple has relented on that somewhat in unlocking the songs you purchase.

    Its funny how time can change things. What's cool now can quickly be labeled noobish later..especially as more people own iphones.
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    And so meyerweb has spoken, and so it shall be.
    And you have FACTS to contradict me? If you can find proof that I'm wrong, let's post it. < < Edited by Dieter > > But that doesn't change the fact that no one here has any idea how Sprint will market the phone, what plans they will, or won't, require, or what the actual price is going to be.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  17. #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    This is from Sprint's website:

    About plans for the Samsung Instinct™
    We're glad you're interested in our new Instinct. Here's what you need to know about available plans:
    Before you buy or upgrade
    To take full advantage of the Instinct's expansive features, you'll need an innovative approach to service. That's why we're only offering the Instinct with a Simply Everything TM, Everything Data, Simply Everything Family or Everything Data Family plans, which include domestic voice, e-mail, texting, GPS navigation and more.


    About plans for the Samsung Instinct™
    And there's been another Sprint page, which I don't have time to search for, but other's have posted it here, that has an asterisk, which says "or a plan with an add-on data pack. You can choose to believe what you want, but if you search on Instinct in these forums, you'll find multiple posts from members with an Instinct on a Fair and Flexible plan or a business plan. One of my co-workers has an instinct, and was NOT forced to change to an SE plan when she bought it. Sorry, but I know for a fact that an Everything plan isn't required.

    And I also know that all the talk about what Spring will and won't require with the Pre is guesswork ad speculation, and not fact.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  18. #338  
    < < Edited by Dieter > >

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    And there's been another Sprint page, which I don't have time to search for, but other's have posted it here, that has an asterisk, which says "or a plan with an add-on data pack. You can choose to believe what you want, but if you search on Instinct in these forums, you'll find multiple posts from members with an Instinct on a Fair and Flexible plan or a business plan. One of my co-workers has an instinct, and was NOT forced to change to an SE plan when she bought it. Sorry, but I know for a fact that an Everything plan isn't required.

    And I also know that all the talk about what Spring will and won't require with the Pre is guesswork ad speculation, and not fact.
    So you want proof from me? But all you can give me is "I don't have time to search for" and "one of my co-workers"... all anecdotal at best. Even people posting they are on Fair and Flexible plans with an Instinct is anecdotal and not proof (although I pretty much think Sprint has abandoned the Instinct as their flagship and those are VERY believable).

    As I said before, the only thing you are correct about is it being speculation and guesswork, WHICH you are a part of because you are in fact doing it yourself. It's ok that someone (like myself) chimes in and says how we know specific people who have told us information regarding the "Everything" push on the Pre just as much as it is ok that you speak about other users and colleagues. You are also correct in that you don't need to believe my information or not, because I am not sure it is correct either. I can just relay what I've been given.
  19. #339  
    Ease up, everybody.
  20. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    And there's been another Sprint page, which I don't have time to search for, but other's have posted it here, that has an asterisk, which says "or a plan with an add-on data pack. You can choose to believe what you want, but if you search on Instinct in these forums, you'll find multiple posts from members with an Instinct on a Fair and Flexible plan or a business plan. One of my co-workers has an instinct, and was NOT forced to change to an SE plan when she bought it. Sorry, but I know for a fact that an Everything plan isn't required.

    And I also know that all the talk about what Spring will and won't require with the Pre is guesswork ad speculation, and not fact.
    I don't doubt that some people have been able to get around this, I was just posting what I found. My guess is that people who were not forced to get a SE plan, already had a fairly hefty bill (i.e. not on SERO). And you are right, nobody knows what Sprint is going to require, but it does look like Sprint is following the same path with the Pre as it did with the Instinct. I think it will be difficult for people (myself included) to get the Pre and keep their SERO plans.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions