View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Does anyone know if the everything plus SERO replacement plan allowed the instinct?
    Here's the info on the new SERO site for an Instinct. The top one, which is cut off, is just the same SE plan as everyone can get. I'm sure the bottom one is available to everyone as well. SERO is nothing special anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    it is something special for those still getting service at $35/month.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Here's the info on the new SERO site for an Instinct. The top one, which is cut off, is just the same SE plan as everyone can get. I'm sure the bottom one is available to everyone as well. SERO is nothing special anymore.
    The great majority of people don't up and change their plans when Sprint rolls out new plans. They also don't change plans when they up a contract. Since Sero has rolled out people renewing have kept heir original sero terms.

The same is the case on peopel with F&C and various other plans that can be significantly cheaper than newer plans
    well i'll give it until june, if the pre is still not available for us $30/month sero users i'll get a touch pro or the treo pro whichever is cheaper at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    The great majority of people don't up and change their plans when Sprint rolls out new plans. They also don't change plans when they up a contract. Since Sero has rolled out people renewing have kept heir original sero terms.

The same is the case on peopel with F&C and various other plans that can be significantly cheaper than newer plans
    That's entirely true, with one exception. That's been the Instinct. It was the first, and only so far, phone that has a required SE plan. It would be good to hear from people who have the Instinct and were able to keep it on their SERO plan, and any that have the phone and were not able to keep it on their plan. I bought the Touch Pro and just had it activated with my SERO plan. I ended up returning it because I didn't like the slide-out keyboard, but yes, you can get a new phone and stay on the same plan you were on, so long as the phone is qualified for that plan.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Nothing will stop me from getting my Pre. If I must pay a lil more to use it, I'll suffer through that. I can't make fun of my bro's price plan anymore and saying how cheap my bill is, that I'll miss ;_;.
    If I can't activate a Pre (even one purchased at full unsubsidized price) on my SERO plan, I'll buy an unlocked GSM Pre once it's available and switch back to AT&T.

SERO and the EVDO Centro got me to switch to Sprint despite the inflexibility of carrier-locked, sim-less phones and the lack of international roaming. If I'm asked to pay the same rate on Sprint as AT&T, why bother with CDMA?
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    If I can't activate a Pre (even one purchased at full unsubsidized price) on my SERO plan, I'll buy an unlocked GSM Pre once it's available and switch back to AT&T.

SERO and the EVDO Centro got me to switch to Sprint despite the inflexibility of carrier-locked, sim-less phones and the lack of international roaming. If I'm asked to pay the same rate on Sprint as AT&T, why bother with CDMA?
    You know, I'm very happy to see you have some decent reasons to switch back to AT&T should you not be able to get SERO. It really kind of burns me to see all the people who say they would abandon Sprint if they made them change plans. You know, it reminds me of the old saying, "what have you done for me lately". I can see leaving if you can pay less than Sprint on another carrier, but if you're going to pay the same or more, who do you think you're hurting? Someone who gave you the best rate for years?
    If you try and order a sprint smartphone online (as a new line of service), you are required to use one of the "SE" type plans. Apparantly though the only real requirement (as far as the phone description goes) is that you have a data plan with the smartphone, and that is in order to get the rebate.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    I plan on purchasing a Pre without a contract.

If it requires a SE contract, my 755p still works fine and I'm still paying $35 a month.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    im currently on a sero plan as well and probably will go to the cheapest everything plan i can to get one.... def not the 99 unlimited mins plan.

i am guessing the cheapest plan that will work is the 450 min version for $69.99. while it will suck royally to lose my sero access ive gotten 2 good years out of it on my old motoq and its time for something new and better which i am 99% sure will be the pre.
    For Individuals and some power family users, yes, the Simply Everything plan saves you money. But, for people like me, it would cost me MORE!
    I have three lines on a family plan. I am the only PDA user in the family. Everyone else uses cheap, simple phones.
    I now have a $69.99 family plan that has 700 minutes, plus $10 for the third line, plus $20 for the data pack for my HTC Diamond.
    That equals $100.
    If I switch to the Pre and it requires "Simply Everything" I'd be forced to the $150 "Simply Everything" family plan ($129.99 for the first 2 lines, plus $19.99 for the third) and I am the only one who uses data! I can split it up into 2 plans ($69.99 SEP for me, plus the $69.99 voice family plan for the other two) and it still comes to $140.
    So, $100 now versus $140. You do the math.
    Hmm not getting the SE plan so in that case I will just keep my diamond as I'm not sure that the Pre is better then my HTC Touch Diamond anyway, but I will definatelly try it if it doesn't require a SE plan since I loved all the palm OS devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    It is very possible your Business account is not affected by SE requirements. I used to have a corporate account and did not have to have similar restrictions on my plans.

I hope that you don't have to, I would think there aren't any SE business plans anyway. But those aren't published...
    I manage the Sprint corp account at work for ~70 lines and we have several Simply Everything lines on the account. You can definately get the SE plan on a corp account.
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    i'd probably b*tch about it, get the pre with SE plan, then b*tch some more.
    same
    Just as I was getting really excited about the Pre, I stumble accross this thread... SE is definately a deal breaker for me. I'm gonna strech out my $30 SERO plan (plus a 20% discount ) for as long as possible.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I hope we are able to keep the current plans we are on now. If I still have to be forced into SE...well..I will. Thats how much I want this device.
    LOL my sentiments exactly I really hope I wont be forced into SE, plus I managed to get myself free unlimited data after I re-newed my contract so that was a huge savings for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by compneo View Post
    I manage the Sprint corp account at work for ~70 lines and we have several Simply Everything lines on the account. You can definately get the SE plan on a corp account.
    That's interesting to know.

Now, I wonder if the same "Instinct" restrictions are on your accounts. For instance, if you wanted to add the instinct to one of those lines that aren't SE plans, would you be able to do that? I am not sure if you know this answer, but it's still something a lot of members here would like to know, meyerweb being one of those I am sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    That's interesting to know.

Now, I wonder if the same "Instinct" restrictions are on your accounts. For instance, if you wanted to add the instinct to one of those lines that aren't SE plans, would you be able to do that? I am not sure if you know this answer, but it's still something a lot of members here would like to know, meyerweb being one of those I am sure.
    I will find out from my rep tomorrow and post what she tells me. We do not have any Instincts on the account so I will have to rely on what she says. The ones that are on the SE plans are some older basic handsets and a couple of Curves.
    Thanks Compneo... a lot of people here will be waiting on your post