1.    #1  
    Hopefully someone can help, I am trying to open an account with sprint without a contract but have been told by a sales person that it is not possible.

Verizon just started offering this a few months ago so I am wondering if there is a way to do it with sprint.

I already have a device.

Thank in advance for any help you can provide.
    I haven't heard of this being possible on Sprint

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I haven't heard of this being possible on Sprint
    By contract, do you mean a time commitment? If you buy a Sprint phone, you can get one without a contract, but you would have to pay full price for whichever phone you have. It would be on a month-to-month plan, where you can cancel anytime. I know it's possible to do it. For example if you want to purchase the Sprint Treo Pro, it would be around $599 without a contract. But you would have to have some sort of plan to use it on their network.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    No! Dont ever get from Sprint if you want to buy the phone outright.

Get it from flebay.

Get insurance right away on Sprint. I think you have 30 days to decide. I would add it from the web.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    That is what I am thinking about. My contract expired years ago. Depending on the final details and what kind of plan I will need I may just go without a contract and pay full price.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    By contract, do you mean a time commitment? If you buy a Sprint phone, you can get one without a contract, but you would have to pay full price for whichever phone you have. It would be on a month-to-month plan, where you can cancel anytime. I know it's possible to do it. For example if you want to purchase the Sprint Treo Pro, it would be around $599 without a contract. But you would have to have some sort of plan to use it on their network.

Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the feedback folks. I am going to keep on trying to find an angle for this.

I want to get a treo pro on contract but need to activate a second line and dont want a contract on the second line.
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermike View Post
    Thanks for the feedback folks. I am going to keep on trying to find an angle for this.

I want to get a treo pro on contract but need to activate a second line and dont want a contract on the second line.
    Just buy a Sprint phone for the second line, and call customer service and tell them you want to activate it and the plan you want. That should do it. You're not wanting to use the Treo Pro for the second line were you?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermike View Post

Just like all other carriers out there Sprint's ETFs are prorated and will drop every month after six months to a minimum of $50. Minimum savings on a new device is $150 with new contract. You could probably buy a phone on ebay for less but it probably won't be brand new. Basically the savings you get on a brand new phone in store will cancel out any sort of cancellation fee you would be looking at in the future.

Why don't you want a contract on the second line?
    All new lines on Sprint require a 2 year contract unless you get the Month to Month plan which is $39.99/mo for 200 minutes. Mobile to Mobile, 7pm nights, Data and text is extra and overage minutes are 45/min.

Any other plan requires the contract without exception and there is no workaround. NO new line will activate otherwise.