Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is the proper place to post this, but here goes.

I have been with VZW for many years, and am very happy with their service. My question is this: Why does Sprint get all of the new palm phones? First the 755P, then the Centro, then the Treo Pro, and soon the Pre? Why can't verizon, which has more subscribers, get any of the phones first? I don't want to switch to Sprint, so I am forced to sit and wait.

I always get "itchy" to switch devices, but am forced to sit and wait. This stinks.

Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    That is because Verizon will take 6 months to go thru the phone and take out everything they don't want you to have. They go over a phone for a long time before they will release it. It's that way with all phones.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I guess you are right. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have the opportunity to be first. They were first with the Storm. Why not the pre? It would seem that Palm would want access to the subscriber base of Verizon, against the continually shrinking Sprint base, don't you think?
    Visit My Blog

I agree with you they should want the biggest company. Just look at the iPhone Verizon turned down apple. I am sure verizon wanted to control what went into the phone.
    How do you know Verizon didn't turn Palm down on the Pre too? I read somewhere from an insider that VZW was never going to get a new Palm device "first" again because of the mess the 700w caused. And their most recent "first", the Storm, as not gone great either.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    But were the problems really verizon's? After all, Palm released the wx shortly thereafter, and only on sprint to start. I believe the problem is Verizon. They seem to be last to many phone parties.
    Visit My Blog

That's why I ditched VZW 2 years ago, overpriced, overhyped.
    Sprint's network has worked fined for me and I'm paying less with my SERO plan and getting a lot more than VZW.