1.    #1  
    I am a VZW customer in Massachusetts (have been for 10 years, on a family plan). I have been trying to get off of the family plan, becasue of the confusion that it causes trying to share the minutes with my mom and sister.
    I'm trying to decide if when my contract is up in December should I stay with Verizon, or make to move to Sprint.
    Is there anyone on here that has made that move, or vice versa? Anyone experiences and input would be greatly appreciated. Also as are most people here I think I was hoping to buy a pre, I don't need one right away, I can wait for my new every 2 to activate. But don't know if it is worth it to wait for it on VZW in case it is not available on VZW when I'm elligable.

I'f that's not to confusing I would appreciate some input from people in the area.
    I moved to Sprint after over 20 years with Verizon (or their previous names). I am so happy with Sprint I can't tell you. My coverage is much better than what I had with Verizon, so I would try and find out if that would be the case where you are. The Sprint data packages should save you a ton of money over Verizon as well.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I moved to Sprint after over 20 years with Verizon (or their previous names). I am so happy with Sprint I can't tell you. My coverage is much better than what I had with Verizon, so I would try and find out if that would be the case where you are. The Sprint data packages should save you a ton of money over Verizon as well.
    I know that I will save money, but I would gladley pay more if I know that my service will work like it should (VZW has been outstanding for the past 10 years).

That's why I was hoping to har from sombody on sprints network in the northeast.
    I've had Sprint for 6 years now, and have never had an issue with
    their service. For 4 of those years I went to school 30 minutes south of Boston and spent the summers in New Jersey, and for the last 2 I've been in the Boston area exclusively and had no issues with my Sprint service.

I don't know about other areas of Massachusetts, but the only place here I've had no signal ever is the underground parts of the T.

Also, never had an issue with signal driving through the whole Northeast at all, though on Amtrak a year ago making the same trip (Boston to NJ) I did lose signal once or twice, though they now have service in NY Penn Station, which they didn't 3 or 4 years ago.
    I have a Centro with Sero 500 plan for the past 2+ years. I also have a 5 phone family share on Verizon for my family. I am completely satisfied with Sprint here outside NY. It works as well as Verizon for me.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I live in SW Virginia and just made the move from Verizon to Sprint (I was with Verizon/Bell Atlantic in the mid 90's, then Nextel, and Verizon again for the last 2.5). I moved mostly because of the lack of NICE Win Mo phones with Verizon, but also because I got a Verizon work phone at the end of December and I knew I could save a few bucks with Sprint per month on data. I have been slightly disappointed with a few things. I have the Touch Pro and I miss calls quite often because the phone only rings twice before going to VM. It is a problem with the Touch Pro as far as I can tell, but I also have some calls go straight to VM without ringing even when I have a good signal. Also, in some rural areas when I am on roaming, I don't get EV-DO in areas that I know VZW has it. So far (3 weeks) those are my only complaints. I will be returning the Touch Pro and getting a Treo Pro when my Best Buy gets them in stock. We'll see if some of the issues get fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    I know that I will save money, but I would gladley pay more if I know that my service will work like it should (VZW has been outstanding for the past 10 years).

That's why I was hoping to har from sombody on sprints network in the northeast.
    I'm sorry my answer bothered you. I think if that's what you wanted to know you should've asked that. If you only wanted answers from the northeast, you should've said that. This was the only question about service you asked.

Is there anyone on here that has made that move, or vice versa? Anyone experiences and input would be greatly appreciated.
    And thus, my response.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I'm sorry my answer bothered you. I think if that's what you wanted to know you should've asked that. If you only wanted answers from the northeast, you should've said that. This was the only question about service you asked.

And thus, my response.
    Your answer in no way bothered me. I actually was very happy that you responded, but then realized that I should have actually included a region in my original post. Networks can chang drastically depending on where you are in the country (as I'm sure that you know) and I just wanted to make sure that the advice I was receiving was relevant. In terms of coverage I was looking for someone in the NE area, but if anyone on Sprint has info on there customer service I would greatly appreciate the help.

Again, my post was not intended to offend you, and if It did I'm sorry. I just thought I should clarify what I was looking for. Thanks again for trying to help.
    I was with VZW for more than 10 years and left because Sprint (at the time) had that awesome SERO plan.
    I was paying VZW $40 and all I got was 450 minutes and 9 p.m. nights.
    Now I pay Sprint $30 and get 500 minutes, unlimited texting, data and 7 p.m. nights.
    Too bad you can't get it anymore.
    But to answer your question, I had the same concerns, about coverage, and I know where you're coming from.
    For me, I live in the Syracuse, NY area and have traveled all over upstate NY, through Pa, Maryland, DC and northern Va and have had no problems with calling.
    If you can leave VZW, do it, you'll be able to get the Pre.
    I'm leaving Verizon the irony is that my contract is up anyway perfect timing with the release of the Pre.
    My question is does anyone know about the call reception in the Baltimore County area? I've been getting mixed reviews about calls being dropped in my area this will be a biggie since I live kinda in a 'burban area? Any feedback from Maryland folks would be great!

We all need a little dirt (life's events) to grow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaynesworld View Post
    I'm leaving Verizon the irony is that my contract is up anyway perfect timing with the release of the Pre.
    My question is does anyone know about the call reception in the Baltimore County area? I've been getting mixed reviews about calls being dropped in my area this will be a biggie since I live kinda in a 'burban area? Any feedback from Maryland folks would be great!
    No issues so far.... DC, Frederic, Baltimore, etc...

But I'd think you would be better off asking friends, family, coworkers, etc...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001