1.    #1  
    My next door neighbor wants out of his SERO 2-year agreement. He just doesn't use a cell phone much. Sprint wants him to pay the early termination fee, of course. He is wondering if Sprint will allow someone else to assume his contract. Has anyone actually done this before?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    My next door neighbor wants out of his SERO 2-year agreement. He just doesn't use a cell phone much. Sprint wants him to pay the early termination fee, of course. He is wondering if Sprint will allow someone else to assume his contract. Has anyone actually done this before?
    I've never done it, but I'm pretty sure that they will.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I remember even a site were people could unload or pick up other peoples cell contracts. U can even do it with sprint but i think u need to do a transfer of liabilty. visit Sprintusers.com - The Place for Sprint Phone Reviews, Sprint Tools, and Sprint Ringtones. and do a search. if he has the sero plan which included unlimited text data and sprint to sprint i snatch it up in a heartbeat.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. I think he's going to give it a try.
    As long as he has a Sprint phone and stays with Sprint, or has a Nextel and stays with a Nextel phone, he should be okay. But if he wants to swap a Nextel phone for a Sprint phone, he won't be able to do it. They may be one company, but their billing hasn't merged. I used to have three SERO plans, and when I cancelled one, they asked me if I wanted to transfer it to anyone else, and I said no. So they will allow you to transfer it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Sprint and Nextel have had one billing system since last year, How else could they allow Sprint and Nextal phones on 2 different networks to share minutes?

Switching from Nextel to Sprint on Sero isn't possible beacuse if you switch networks you have to move to a currently available plan and Sero is now considered a Legacy plan.