1.    #1  
    Is it still possible to have a pay as you go data plan?

I have got to cut expenses down to the bare bones, i don't USE the data - but every time i've asked my mom (we all family share under her) to cancel it for me, they won't and tell her i have to have it.

The only other option is getting a cheap phone for now and ditching my Treo as a phone (keeping it as my Palm). I don't want to do that, but well, i'll do what i have too.

Thanks for any input.

(eta: i feel the need to say, leaving VZW isn't an option because of family share and free in calling, everyone is on VZW)
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    What Treo do you have?

VZW does require a data plan on PDA's sold after (I might be off a month or so here) 11/08. But if you have a Treo from before that, you should be able to get the data plan removed.
    Yes, that is my boat.
  3.    #3  
    They won't remove it from my 700p.

However, they will allow a Centro to NOT have a data plan, so i'll be moving to one of those.... sped up by the fact i just dropped the 700p in the toilet. UGH.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
  4.    #4  
    Well, the gazillionth time is the charm. My mom was able to get someone that agreed with the above statement - that i could drop data since it had been bought before Nov 08. Finally. Really, we have been trying for a year!

SO, she supposedly got all the phones moved and the data dropped from my 700, so i'll order my insurance replacement today instead of going with the contract extending Centro.

Thanks for giving info to push her into calling yet again - she thanks you!