Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Considering the recent discussions regarding Sprint service, both Network & CS, I thought I'd post the following link to an interesting article that was released today highlighting the results of a J. D. Power & Associates study.

Why is this relevant? Because as individuals are looking at the Pre, considering switching carriers, and see/hear a variety of Sprint praises & complaints, they also need to also see independent review(s) of Sprint.

In a nutshell it says that Sprint's efforts are paying off and that the customer satisfaction index for 2008 went through the roof when compared to 2007.

David...
    Last edited by DavidJ; 02/10/2009 at 11:53 PM.
    sprint's customer service is great...

I've noticed one thing though... with people I know who have trouble, it is normally associated with paying a bill late...

Pay your bills on time with sprint... setup auto pay or something...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    sprint's customer service is great...
    I agree entirely. It was a great turn around and it's good to see it recognized.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I also agree, it's been much better in the past year or two than its ever been, especially with the addition of the online chat to the site.
    yes it seems like they are willing give you more with retentions to keep you as a customer
    I too like the Sprint Customer service, I have no problems with them. Most of the time I get an American on the phone too, or at least someone I can understand.

As far as the service goes...my area has like 2 spots where the reception isn't that great, but that's it, so I am very happy with it.
    I hate to be a smart a**, but Sprint doesn't have nearly as many customers to attend to these days. I would hope their CS has improved! Haw!

I happen to love Sprint myself. I even loved them in 2007.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This is good to hear. I am one of those considering switching carriers, reading things like this makes my decision easier.
    I've been with sprint since 2000 and have NEVER had a problem with them.
    I've a GREAT experiences with Sprint since coming back to them 18 months ago.

Twice I've had trouble with my 755P, both times CS directed me to a service store near me (a location that is primarily for repairs).

The first time I waited 10 minutes and got this VERY competent and VERY pretty young tech girl who fixed my problems -- which were not easy ones. (well maybe not all -- just the ones connected to my Treo...)

Most recently -- on Saturday -- I dropped the phone and it somehow went into "headphone" mode -- no longer giving me a speaker or mic.

Called CS, got a ticket number, and went to the same office on a Saturday (opened until 6pm on Saturday !!) -- where I found that same VERY pretty tech -- all alone.

She immediately went to work with her tools and struggled to restore the headphone jack -- which briefly worked, until it again reverted after a successful call or two, to "headphone mode".

Using a small piece of rolled up paper, she then improvised inserting it strategically into the jack to temporarily make the phone usable until I can get it replaced through insurance.

Overall, it was one of the highlights of my Saturday afternoon.

Now granted BARYE is "special" (as his teachers would always say) but from my experience Sprint has dramatically changed for the better -- likely even for the most common human...

(one bad note -- they announced that they're raising the insurance deductible on smartphones to $100 last week -- and are raising the monthly premium too.)
    Last edited by BARYE; 02/11/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    When dealing with billing problems, I communicate with them through email. This way you have a history of what you have said and their reply.

Also, with the execption of the initial call to customer retention, I used email for my entire dealings for two new phones (one was a Centro)

BTW: It took 5 months to get my bill right after I made the new purchases. I had to quote the email several times to get the bill right. Their system kept generating new issues.

Good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Yeah, i use email to correct any problems. Works great usually.

Beyond activating a phone, i've no reason to call. If i can't figure out something, i visit a forum. I could only imagine the nightmare of calling a CS for tech support..but that's any carrier or most companies. Even visiting a store i try to avoid. I mean, i'm not trying to brag here, but i've used smartphones for years...so it's seldom i speak to someone at a store that's on the same level.

A forum such as this one, you meet similar people and i quickly find out there's some knowledgeable people floating around. So let's see..call someone you don't know who doesn't have a clue or go to a forum with people that don't mind helping?

This applies to most things. You can basically find a forum for about anything you need to problem solve without taking the easy way out and calling the company and then later griping about poor customer service. The people griping are usually the ones who are poor customers and have to make a phone call to ask someone how to do anything. Sorry..JMO though. Some people never learned how to do things on their own.

Ok..end of rant
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    The first time I waited 10 minutes and got this VERY competent and VERY pretty young tech girl who fixed my problems
    This posts is useless without pics
    I've had problems but for the most part not too shabby.

I've also called several times switching phones on the same line (sometimes you just need a flip phone). Only one time was there any confusion but it was resolved swiftly.

The best way to work with Customer Service for any company (I work at two different Computer-based Help Desks) is to be able to explain the situation to the consultant as best you can and if you can think of a fix, suggest it. Then they don't sit at the computer or going to run and ask someone and they can better fix your problem.

After hearing about some people on the boards calling in every day trying to get an update, you're the ones who will likely get poor service. The one HD I work at serves over 50,000 customers and you definitely don't want to be the 1 or 2 people that everyone in the call center knows the name and has dealt with before.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I just spent 58 minutes yesterday trying to determine if I was eligible for the Sprint Premier Customer program. After giving me the run around for an hour, I became very irritated. I asked to be transferred to retentions and the lady calmed me down and was able to tell me that yes, I was in fact eligible and enrolled in the Sprint Premier program.

Now why the hell did it take an hour and a disconnection threat to get this answer? Unbelievable.

P.S.
    I'm new to your forum and am eagerly awaiting my first Palm phone...the Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I just spent 58 minutes yesterday trying to determine if I was eligible for the Sprint Premier Customer program. After giving me the run around for an hour, I became very irritated. I asked to be transferred to retentions and the lady calmed me down and was able to tell me that yes, I was in fact eligible and enrolled in the Sprint Premier program.

Now why the hell did it take an hour and a disconnection threat to get this answer? Unbelievable.

P.S.
    I'm new to your forum and am eagerly awaiting my first Palm phone...the Palm Pre!
    Why didn't you just sign onto their website and look for the banner?
    ^ The banner just linked me to the generic Sprint Premier site and it didn't say specifically if I was enrolled in it or not. I had read on a forum about some fuzzy requirements not detailed on the Sprint page. The page itself isn't very explanatory. Nobody at Customer Service had even heard of the program until I got to the Retentions dept.

I really wanted to know whether or not I qualified for the $150 upgrade credit after 12 months instead of the usual 22. This is important for me to know because it will help determine whether or not I'll be able to purchase to Palm Pre sooner rather than later. And thankfully, after an hour of going through ever level of incompetence imaginable, it was determined that I do in fact qualify for the early upgrade. So, hello Palm Pre in June for me! =)
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    I Strongly Disagree w/ any posts suggesting Sprint CS is great. It has improved, but no where near great. Maybe, maybe average.

I've been a sprint customer for 12 years. Always on a family plan. I've owned and Plam phone (treo / Centro) since the 600 was released. I’ve had multiple bad experiences with Sprint.

Examples:
    Each time I have updated my phone, and twice with my families phones, Sprint would screw up my plan, either changing it w/o informing me or changing it but to something I did not request. Each timethis happen, my bill would increasee, i would have to call sprint and request they correct my plan and credit me. The 1st few timees it was a fight. THe last few times I would instruct them to look back on my history, they would see the past issues, and make the corrections w/o an argument.

Recent Example:
    I changed my plan in Oct. Here is what i was doing:
    • Moving my GF's phone from Verizon to my Sprint Family. Get new phone
    • added one line of service. a Nextel line
    • upgraded plan.

Started in October 2008. 15 hours (that's 1 and 5 -- fifteen) of phone conversations, 2 trips to UPS, and a fat tip for the UPS guy so we wouldn’t have to go again to make the above changes. Finished in Jan 2009

In an attempt not to rant any more, here were SOME of their mistakes.
    1. Sent me 2 of the same phones (Centro) for the ported Verizon line
    2. Port request to Verizon was never entered. Had to be reentered. took almost 3 weeks
    3. New phone was back ordered (I was never told) could not be canceled. I had to receive the phone & pay for it, even if I orderd anotherm & then send back
    4. Could not add Nextel feature to phone, until phone was recieved, and to do so i had call.
    5. A 'Dummy' line was added to my family plan, which Sprint CS forgot to remove. I had to call back again to have it removed ( 45 minute call)

There were more screwups w/ the plan, but I’m getting fustrated typing this, so i'll stop here.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Well unfortunately you get those kinds of stories with any big company though, as much as it sucks. For me at least I still say that it's still greatly improved from their past service though. As for me, I only use the webchat anymore. This way you have a copy of what they said in writing, and you don't have to sit and wait on hold or anything like that.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/12/2009 at 12:50 PM.
    Sprint is certainly far from perfect, but it's at least as good as the other mobile carriers now. Which is major progress.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast