Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IMO, sprint has been better all along besides maybe Verizon.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Beyond activating a phone, i've no reason to call. If i can't figure out something, i visit a forum. I could only imagine the nightmare of calling a CS for tech support..but that's any carrier or most companies.
    +1.

Really, how many people call CS frequently? I've been a Sprint customer since before the Treo 300 and I've mostly talked to CS when updating to a new device. Exceedingly rare are the times I've called for anything else. Maybe two or three times over the course of many years. I do my plan changes online nowadays.

Considering that all of the carriers - all of them - have CS issues I'm not going to base my carrier decision on that metric. Especially since I have a rare need to contact them.

When I have talked to them, I've never had a bad experience. Granted, I've not had bizarre issues to deal with but I find that will all CS folks, be kind and patient (and sometimes persistent) and by and large you get satisfactory results. CSRs are human (for the most part. ); apply the golden rule.

I had a far more difficult time with Discover Card last month when trying to cash in on their mall promotion ($20 gift card for each $200 spent in certain malls). My mall ran out of cards 3 times; Discover CS kept saying the malls ran the promo while the mall said it was Disco (which only made sense since the promo was good at many different malls). It wasn't until a very nice lady at the mall management office got me a special number at Disco that I got proper resolution. I still shop at the mall but am strongly considering closing the Discover Card account. I don't like getting jacked around.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I've noticed one thing though... with people I know who have trouble, it is normally associated with paying a bill late....
    If you look at the litany at sprintusers that isn't the case. Even the many sprint reps there say it was caused primary by billing mistakes, billing misunderstandings, and badly trained staff..

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    BTW: It took 5 months to get my bill right after I made the new purchases. I had to quote the email several times to get the bill right. Their system kept generating new issues.Good luck
    Yes, the main problems with customer service, and it was horrid even by bad industry standards caused by continual Sprint billing mistakes.

They created this themselves by offering complex discounts schemes in order to keep their very high existing customer losses from getting worse and worse. Many of the discoutns promised by CSR on sign up or resign were nixed by the system right out the door, some dropped a few months later. Often CSRs just lied about discoutns to get you to sign

They also had severe problems in stores with staff, as everyone was on low pay high commissions. so if you were an existing customer with a question or issue, you got a very brusk shove off.

Sprint not only addressed this with training to deal with rudeness and mistakes by store and phone reps, they killed the direct commission system in the stores (although there is till probably a "points system" for contract signing), but they also streamlined their discoutns.

Streamlined discounts, all you can eat plans, better training, use of more e off shore reps who are more polite (sad to say), a whole bunch of training, less roaming issues and other surprises, and the excellent chat system with ecare all have added up.

Good for Sprint. I always tell people they have made phenomenal changes in the past few months. The improvements may have a short history so far, but almost all come from fundamental changes that have sticking power.

The main problem is the perception of Sprint as the walmart of providers is still there in the consumer mind. Peoples first reaction is almost always: "sprint, I had them, they were the worst."
    ^^I agree Aero. I have Sprint myself and there has been times where I have received horrible customer service. It has improved but it had nothing to do with my billing payments being late.

My mother actually just resolved a problem that has been prolonging for a year with Sprint. They were overcharging a few cents here and there, until they started taking her for dollars and eventually more than a few dollars. She got the money back but a lot of people wouldn't put up with that (and they shouldn't)
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi View Post
    Considering that all of the carriers - all of them - have CS issues I'm not going to base my carrier decision on that metric. Especially since I have a rare need to contact them.
    Sprint had a fundamental problem quantitatively and qualitatively worse than the other carriers. They created a complex discount system that invited billing problems.

Huge numbers of people do consider CS as a metric. One bad Cs experience can lose a customer a carrier spent $300 on getting, and two or three pretty much guarantees they will churn out.

This was not a problem "perceived" by some customers, but a huge problem known by Sprints marketers and the capital markets. the problem was very real
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Sprint had a fundamental problem quantitatively and qualitatively worse than the other carriers. They created a complex discount system that invited billing problems.

Huge numbers of people do consider CS as a metric. One bad Cs experience can lose a customer a carrier spent $300 on getting, and two or three pretty much guarantees they will churn out.

This was not a problem "perceived" by some customers, but a huge problem known by Sprints marketers and the capital markets. the problem was very real
    I was one of their earliest subscribers -- when they just had several isolated islands along the east coast -- and their CS was bad then. Real bad.

I was lured back by the SERO plan (and problems with T-Mob's coverage in my area).

Sprint's service and CS has been terrific since returning -- almost as good as T-Mob, which is saying alot.

I bought my own T-Mob phone so I had never dealt w/t-mob repair, but Sprint's repair service has been great.

BTW, the catastrophic Sextel merger contributed massively to their troubles -- which included horrid CS
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I say: it is what it is. Your going to get sh***y customer service no matter where you go. They really ticked me off recently when I added a line and the girl at the store didn't add unlimited texts to my plan. Fast forward to 2 months later when I get my bill and it's $70 more because of the texting. Sprint couldn't have cared less. And I will keep putting up with it. WHY? Because they have me by the cojones with their cancellation fees. It would cost me a cool g to leave them and I want the Pre so bad that I wouldn't leave even if it was free to quit. Thankfully I don't find it necessary to deal with them very often.
    I have been with Sprint since 2001. Was with Nextel before that. I switched because of service area, but as soon as I did, I noticed a huge difference between Sprint and Verizon's customer service.

Sprint's is outstanding. Every problem I have ever had has been taken care of the first time. Can't say that about Verizon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12