1.    #1  
    I am a current SERO user...the ONLY deal breaker I will have is if Sprint forces a SE plan on the phone.

(not sure if I am willing to give up my $30 plan)

The SERO 2 plan is 500min for $60

----If this is the case, I will hold off and probably go with the Treo Pro.

Who's with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I am a current SERO user...the ONLY deal breaker I will have is if Sprint forces a SE plan on the phone.

(not sure if I am willing to give up my $30 plan)

The SERO 2 plan is 500min for $60

----If this is the case, I will hold off and probably go with the Treo Pro.

Who's with me?
    Well, I'm certainly with you as far as not willing to give up SERO (NO WAY!), but I'll either stick with my Touch or hope that a Touch HD device comes to Sprint instead...

One piece that no one (seems to have) yet mentioned are the multiple rumors that Sprint (finally) realizes that it cannot compete with Verizon and AT&T headon and is going to begin a pricing war. The rumors point to significant reductions in rates at the lower end (unl SE rates may stay the same since they *are* very good, but the low end of Sprint is NOT good, i.e. $40/mo gets you the same AT mins as Verizon, and likewise for the $70/mo family plan -- so why at $40/mo would anyone choose Sprint instead of Verizon... well, they're not...).

The point is that ARPU isn't everything... you also need to INCREASE the numbers of customers (at ANY reasonable ARPU), instead of bleeding 1.5mil customers per month. So I'm hoping all of this means that Sprint *won't* try its "force SE" ala Instinct with the Pre....
    There was a video of a Sprint rep saying there were going to be a "range" of SE plans.
    This might mean a lower priced SE which may not feature things such as GPS or Sprint TV.
    That's my guess.
    I want this phone something fierce but not to give up my $30 SERO plan.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    Sprint is hemorrhaging right now and losing customers at a rapid rate. I added my son to my plan last summer and we both share 1500 minutes with unlimited everything else for $49 a month. Granted, I have a state employee discount of 23%, but that's a great rate for 2 Treo users. I have had a significant discount since I was an early Treo 600 customer when the unlimited internet and text messaging and picture mail, etc., was $15 monthly, and they have continued that rate for me with each contract extension.

I just mentioned that I would switch to Verizon with their family plan, so they put me through to retentions and lowered my bill from $80 monthly for the two of us and only 300 minutes to share, down to the $49 rate. Will have to see what they will offer for the PRe.

I'll bet you will still be able to negotiate if you sign on for another 2 years.