1.    #1  
    Any advice on making sure I keep my SERO plan when I buy a new phone?

I activated my account with Sprint using the SERO plan about 1.5 years ago when I bought my first Treo, a 755p... now that the 800w is out I'd like to upgrade. How do I go about upgrading phones but making sure I get to keep the SERO plan? If I buy an 800w off the internet do I simply activate the phone when I get it and they will not change my plan?

And what if I wait until my contract renewal date comes so I can get a cheaper phone, would they make me ditch the SERO plan at that time?

Thanks in advance!!

-Tom
    When your contract renewal date rolls around you can upgrade your phone without changing your plan. If you purchase a phone off ebay (without a plan) all you have to do is call Sprint and do an esn swap.
  3.    #3  
    Ahhh thank you much!

One other quick question: I'm currently paying the $7/month for the insurance plan. I assume that will be no problem to carry over and use on my next phone if I go in-store to purchase one, but if I pick a phone up on Ebay would they even honor the insurance plan if I tried to use it?

I'm thinking I'll just cancel the insurance plan if there was a chance they'd hassle me about it.
    Last edited by TommyGuns; 12/11/2008 at 09:52 AM.
    They honored the insurance plan when I swapped out phones for one I bought on Craigslist. The insurance plan covers whatever phone is active on your account whether you got it from them or not.
    I don't know about Sprint but Verizon will not let you insure a phone you did not buy from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    They honored the insurance plan when I swapped out phones for one I bought on Craigslist. The insurance plan covers whatever phone is active on your account whether you got it from them or not.
    I am not doubting your personal anecdote but with Sprint this is not (or at least no longer) true as policy. Reason? Because if you had a bum phone you could simply engage in a shame transaction and get it insured for the purpose of immediate replacement.
    Really? I changed phones last month (sprint) and my phone is currently insured no questions asked. And I purchased my phone from someone online. Where did you hear this aero?
    @ Captaindan:

Verizon let me keep the insurance from my old phone and move it to my Palm when I changed over to it this month. I bought it off ebay and not from VZW.
    i purchased my 800w outright and switched phones online with my sprint login. Took about 5 minutes to do, insurance transferred right over and no problems at all. The first time you put the phone on there you might have to call #2 to get your ID number and they'll have you load your info into the phone. After that you're good to go.