Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My tired 700p is really dragging these days (although it has always been slow).

Looks like I can pick up a Centro for about $125-150 on Ebay. Or, maybe a 755p for $175-225.

Anyway, what should I look for if I buy off of Ebay. Just a "clean ESN"? Any advice on how to work this with Sprint?

Also, I want to try to add it to my current Sprint plan and not cause a new 2 year agreement or have to switch to a new plan. My current plan is decent, and I still pay $10 for the Sprint Vision data plan. Looks like everything nowadays is a $25 data plan.

Any advice? Thanks.
  2. UserOne
    A large part of that is really going to depend on what you want out of the device?

Check out this thread with a comparison of the pros & cons of the 755p & the Centro. It may help you decide which one you want.

As far as purchasing off of eBay, I know a friend that purchased a 755p from eBay (Sprint) and while it's a little knicked up & scratched, it works just fine. Of course, do you homework before bidding & know what your getting into .

L8R
    I have a 755p that I can sell you. Give me a pm if interested.
  4. crp
    http://stores.ebay.com/Preloved-Cell...2BSI%26otn%3D4

Phone was in excellent physical shape & delivered quickly with all quoted accessories.

The only "knock" is that it's Sprint Hardware Rev. "A", which is slower than the latest Rev. "B" which I understand, can be found on EBay if you look hard.

However, I installed Lightspeed on the Treo & have accelerated the apps I need to run quickly & now they do just that.

Overall, very satisfied. $155 US delivered.

HTH,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    no more battery problem?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  6. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    no more battery problem?
    Not to hijack this thread, but, your suggested speed settings for Lightspeed did the trick.

Back to this thread: My 755p is a champ & it's the one I bought off EBay.
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    I'm glad it worked for you - the 755p is a wonderful handset.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p