1. afr
    For some reason, my downloaded copy of Sprint's updater won't initialize. I've downloaded fresh copies a couple of times, but the same thing happens every time. When I double click on the .exe program, I see a black DOS window flash by, then a notepad file entitled "index.hta" comes on screen. It seems that the updater is trying to open the program in notepad. When I close that notepad file, I get another black DOS screen with a message about shutting down the Palm LiveServer if necessary. Then there is a series of messages in the DOS window about unregistering various processes, then it closes.

It looks like the updater does not know which program to invoke to get started. Any suggestions?
    First, are you sure you downloaded the correct program? Make sure you're downloading the one WITHOUT the expansion card reader. Then make sure you that you have the Centro connected with BOTH a power cord and the sync cord (even though this does charge too). It should pretty much all start itself once you double click on the downloaded file.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3. afr
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    First, are you sure you downloaded the correct program? Make sure you're downloading the one WITHOUT the expansion card reader. Then make sure you that you have the Centro connected with BOTH a power cord and the sync cord (even though this does charge too). It should pretty much all start itself once you double click on the downloaded file.
    Did all that. That's why I posted what I did. Not the first time I've updated a Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by afr View Post
    Did all that. That's why I posted what I did. Not the first time I've updated a Treo.
    Sorry I tried to help. I had no idea what you've done in the past.

Obviously, you didn't do something right, so you it doesn't matter how many times you've done it, now does it?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. afr

Obviously, you didn't do something right, so you it doesn't matter how many times you've done it, now does it?
    Not helpful dude. I was looking for something more like, "HTA files need to open with XXX program, not as a notepad file." My computer may not be set up for this particular variation of Palm/Sprint updater file for some reason. Get over yourself.
  6. afr
    Sorry I was flip.

Unhelpful:

Helpful:

1. Open Start->My Computer
    2. Select Tools->Folder Options
    3. Go to the “File Types” tab
    4. Select “HTA” in the Registered File Types box
    5. Click the “Change” button and select “Microsoft ® HTML Application Host."
    6. Click Ok and then click Close on the Folders Options dialog

If you can't see it. Go to other and in system32 folder look for mshta and that should be the application you need.