Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just opened my SPRINT invoice and to my surprise a seperate notice was attached:

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING BUSINESS CONNECTION PERSONAL EDITION"
    Effective September 1, 2008 Business Connection Personal Edition will be retired....blah, blah, blah....We apologize...blah, blah, blah....Thank you for your business.

Whoa! I have been subscribing for 5 years and get one months notice! It looks like SPRINT is also not providing a equal alternative.

Thoughts & Opinions?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I just got the email too. Damn! This was one of the bright spots of using PalmOS + Sprint -- I could get my Lotus Notes e-mail without going to a Blackberry.
    Errr...anyone else get this email?
    ========================

Subject: From Sprint: Important Notice Regarding Business Connection Personal Edition Service

Date: Wed 8/6/08 3:36 PM
    To: "LaPHtA's real name" <LaPHtA's real email addy>
    Cc:
    Effective September 1, 2008, Business Connection Personal Edition will be retired.

If you are still using this wireless email service and would like a replacement option, please visit www.sprint.com/mobileemail for information on Sprint Mobile Email. Or you can visit www.sprint.com/business to learn about mobile email solutions with BlackBerry Email and Windows Mobile.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For questions or additional information, please dial *2 on your Sprint phone. Thank you for your business.
    ========================
    Yup, got that today. Guess I need to be searching for another email solution now.
    Sprint cannot just end of life a product with 24 days notice.

We need to demand an explanation.

Paul
    Sprint cannot just end of life a product with 24 days notice.

We need to demand an explanation.

Paul

re:

Effective September 1, 2008, Business Connection Personal Edition will be retired.

If you are still using this wireless email service and would like a replacement option, please visit www.sprint.com/mobileemail for information on Sprint Mobile Email. Or you can visit www.sprint.com/business to learn about mobile email solutions with BlackBerry Email and Windows Mobile.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For questions or additional information, please dial *2 on your Sprint phone. Thank you for your business.
    Yep.. Got this email today. I put a message in the Seven beta forums. Looks like I might have to get rid of my Centro and get a Blackberry.
    Wasn't that announced a couple of months ago? This isn't the first time I read it and its been a long time since I've heard about it.
    yep.. Although Seven said that it wasn't entirely true. They said there was a newer client that used OWA.

Anyway..There is a link on the email for Sprint Mobile Email Work (which sounds exactly the same as BC), but there is not a version for the Centro. Only Instinct and a few other regular phones.

I downloaded Sprint Mobile Email, but it only has access to Imap and POP accounts.
    The lame part for me is that this means I'll be leaving the Centro and pretty much anything Palm based since we have YET to up udate our Exchange for office email. Ugh!

I've been Palmin' it since my first Visor and every version of Palm based Treos and love all my applications...being able to use my communicator for both personal and business use has been fantastic for me throughout the years.

Alas...the end of an era may be upon me.
    Last edited by laphta; 08/06/2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: fat-fingered the keyboard
    Yep.. I've been using BC email since 2002-2003. Our company doesn't have our email that I can get to any other way that Seven/BC. So I'll have to ditch the palm platform. Ditch Sprint and go to our corporate platform and use a Blackberry.

Way to go Sprint!!! Get rid of more customers!!
    Dont waste time going to the links below as there is no suitable substitute for Outlook desktop push email with sync to documents and contacts.

Anybody got a solution? Anybody?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Email From Sprint:

For Tech Legal or Cybercrime Help visit http://centrallaw.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pauleknight View Post
    Sprint cannot just end of life a product with 24 days notice. We need to demand an explanation.

Paul
    unfortunately, they can, and they wont .. its been going around awhile now they were going to discontinue the business connection and go to sprint mobile email

good luck with that! pixielee ~
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    <merged and moved>
    @pauleknight, one post would suffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    yep.. Although Seven said that it wasn't entirely true. They said there was a newer client that used OWA.
    Could you not use the Palm 6.x version from Seven? So far, all the OWA works for all my accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    <merged and moved>

Could you not use the Palm 6.x version from Seven? So far, all the OWA works for all my accounts.
    I would be very interested in a Palm OWA Seven client - where might one get that?

I have been using the mashed up bizconn/Sprint Email software on my 755p and using bizconn since my Treo 600/650 days, I will be sad to see it go. I understand that Sprint needs to make $$, I just wish they decided to support older/palm based phones as well. That decision does not make any sense to me.
    yep.
    This is the only thing that has tied me to Sprint. Plus, they charge me $15 a month for it. Sprint is bleeding money and they discharge revenue streams? Reminds me of 1999.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Ditto here -- Sprint PCS BCPE user on Treo 300, 600, 650, 700p, and now Centro. Lotus Notes gets no love from PalmOS!
    A busines owner that was actually looking to replace BCE since if my computer hangs up due to any windows gotcha than no email so very frustrating when traveling. We do have Active Sync on our Exchange server so I guess need to get with our hosted IT guy to see how I get Versamail working so emails are sent directly to my Palm 650 and cc to desktop.

BCE was a really good product and had good uptime. Anyone have success with Versalmail?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    <merged and moved>

You are talking about the beta version right? Yeah.. I have that temporarily using the desktop redirector, but it doesn't work with OWA for my company.
    There is a bug in the 6.7 version for Forms based OWA login. I've had it logged for about a year with Seven. No resolution. So it doesn't work with my companies OWA.

Seven still says they are planning a Sprint Mobile Email Work edition for the Palm devices. I'll let you know if I hear anything about when.
    Last edited by mogulman; 08/07/2008 at 10:49 AM.
    yes, I am currently attempting to get the 6.7 prc to see if I can use it OWA or via the desktop redirector, which is of course what I use currently with BCEE.
    yep.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast