1.    #1  
    Well... It appears that the rumors involving the replacement of SERO were true.

When going to www.sprint.com/sero to check whether the Treo 800w had made it on to the site I was redirected to http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/sprin...epclanding.asp which touts the above title and now requires not only an email address but the "Last 3 digits of employee ID (CID)" as well. It looks like Sprint is cracking down on employee referrals too...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    The plans:

http://www.geardiary.com/tag/sero-sp...erything-plus/

Everything Plus 500 — 500 Minutes, EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 59.99
    Everything Plus 1000 — 1,000 Minutes,EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 79.99
    Simply Everything (Unlimited) — Unlimited voice ,EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 99.99

Nice that they included Nav, but those prices are horrible compared to the old SERO. Good thing I got in on my SERO account a couple months ago.
    RIP SERO.
    So what happens to us existing SERO customers?
    Once our 2-year contracts expire, are we forced to go to a regular (higher priced) plan?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    RIP SERO.
    Once our 2-year contracts expire, are we forced to go to a regular (higher priced) plan?
    I don't know... I'm thinking not as there are many people with Sprint using plans that are quite old.... However, only time will tell.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Isn't the $99 Simply Everything plan available to anyone, not just employee referals?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxreel View Post
    Isn't the $99 Simply Everything plan available to anyone, not just employee referals?
    Correct.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by tdps2 View Post
    Everything Plus 500 500 Minutes, EVDO, SMS, MMS, GPS Nav - $ 59.99
    So you save $10 and get 50 more minutes. Not quite the deal they used to be are they?
    Since SERO customers are ineligible for the $150 discount when their 2-year contracts end, that means I have to pay full shot for a new phone and probably will be made to go to a new plan, right?
    My SERO contract ends in May 2009, hopefully about the time Palm's new Nova OS phone comes out, so I'll probably have to sign for a new (higher priced) plan to get a new phone which I can't get $150 off.
    I understand I'm getting a great deal with SERO, but even $75-$100 off a new phone in 2 years would be decent.
    I do not want to go back to VZW and their highway robbery data pricing, plus they won't offer a Nova phone until fall 2009.
    Sorry for the rant, but this has been the best plan I've ever had and I like Sprint, heck, I've referred 4 people to them.
  9.    #9  
    Since SERO customers are ineligible for the $150 discount when their 2-year contracts end, that means I have to pay full shot for a new phone and probably will be made to go to a new plan, right?
    My SERO contract ends in May 2009, hopefully about the time Palm's new Nova OS phone comes out, so I'll probably have to sign for a new (higher priced) plan to get a new phone which I can't get $150 off.
    I understand I'm getting a great deal with SERO, but even $75-$100 off a new phone in 2 years would be decent.
    I do not want to go back to VZW and their highway robbery data pricing, plus they won't offer a Nova phone until fall 2009.
    Sorry for the rant, but this has been the best plan I've ever had and I like Sprint, heck, I've referred 4 people to them.
    I'm eligible for the discounts and I'm a SERO customer. I'm eligible for the $150.00 as of 9-1-2008...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

10. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    RIP SERO.
    They converted me to the new plan as of this month. In fact, I was charged full rates for July and pro-rated a refund on my SERO plan.

No notice or warning what so ever. If I'd not been a member of this form, I'd have been totally in the dark.

Sprint really pulled a fast one on it's customers with this.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    They converted me to the new plan as of this month. In fact, I was charged full rates for July and pro-rated a refund on my SERO plan.

No notice or warning what so ever. If I'd not been a member of this form, I'd have been totally in the dark.

Sprint really pulled a fast one on it's customers with this.
    You've been on SERO for two years? Have you called CS about this? What did they say? Thanks.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  12. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You've been on SERO for two years? Have you called CS about this? What did they say? Thanks.
    Nope. Signed up last fall. I've been on SERO less than a year.

I've not called CS yet. I got my bill just this week and noticed all of the changes. It wasn't until tonight that I have started to put it all together.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Please let us know how it ends up. I've had mine since May '07 and our current bill we got this week still has us on the SERO plan for both Centros.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I've been on SERO as a new Sprint customer since last May.
    I just checked my plan and it's still showing SERO F&F 500.
  15.    #15  
    I've been on SERO as a new Sprint customer since last May.
    I just checked my plan and it's still showing SERO F&F 500.
    I'm still on the SERO F&F 500 plan, too. But it would appear that this is no longer an option...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

It seems to be a good deal where they say it's $99 for everything unlimited with $10 per additional phone for 6 additoinal phones or more as they show it -- it would save me a lot of money on my existing 9 phone plan. I don't see any way though to move an existing plan to the new employee referral everything plus plan -- is there any way to do that?
    Is BIS included in the new plans?