1.    #1  
    Plan 39.99 @ 19% corporate discount
    100 Monthly bonus (Contract renewal)

How else does Verizon reward other members for loyalty
    or renewal of contract?
    As a recently-bought-out Alltel customer, I'd really like to know too... Verizon's prices have always seemed steep to me.
    I may be missing something, but in doing some cost comparison between my current plan on Alltel, and the closest equivalent on Verizon, this is what I get:

Alltel
    • Voice/Data 500 min for $89.99
    • Free nights & weekends, nights begin at 7pm
    • Free mobile-to-mobile between Alltel customers
    • 10 numbers (any number, any network, mobile or not) that do not count against my 500 minutes.
    • unlimited text messaging

Verizon
    • Voice/Data 450 min for $99.99
    • Free nights & weekends, nights begin at 9pm
    • Free mobile-to-mobile between Verizon customers
    • unlimited text/picture/video/IM messaging

Other than the pic/video/IM, am I missing something that Verizon offers in their plan that Alltel doesn't? Because at this point, I'll be paying $10 more per month for 50 less minutes (actually a lot LESS minutes, because there's nothing on Verizon that matches Alltel's "My Circle" (the 10 free numbers, which brings up my monthly minute use on Alltel close to 1000).
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    I am a Verizon customer and pay $80 per month for what you've described except I only get 2,000 txt messages per month.
    They really don't "reward" us... They just have really good service (NOT CS), and out of the majority of the people that I know who have a cell use Verizon. So I assuming that's there reasoning of the price jack, because they have so many customers in my area they don't make money from people going over their min's. Maybe? I could be wrong I don't particularly care for them, but the other carriers here don't get good service in my area. Just my 2 cents!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    verizon's reward is they don't stab you as they steal the money from you.

but as above their network really is better in the northeast at least. so we pay.

I think the alltell folks have the best. if you don't change your plans they likely will let you keep them for some time yet you will get better coverage in some areas now.
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    verizon's reward is they don't stab you as they steal the money from you.

but as above their network really is better in the northeast at least. so we pay.

I think the alltell folks have the best. if you don't change your plans they likely will let you keep them for some time yet you will get better coverage in some areas now.
    I'm guessing you're right, as this was how it was done when Alltel bought out our previous carrier. The Alltel website has this disclaimer about the buyout/merger:

"Be assured for the duration of your contract you will continue to receive the same great service you have come to expect from Alltel."

Only problem for me is that I'm currently not in a "contract." I hit the two years mark and didn't buy a new phone. I'm still waiting for the Centro, which is looking more and more doubtful that they'll pick it up before Verizon takes over . The ideal would be for Alltel to carry the Centro, sign up for a brand new 2 year contract, and that way I'd be covered under the Alltel's pricing system at least for a while.
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.