1.    #1  
    Oh tell me this isn't true and that I am only dreaming (nightmare is more like it).

Alltel is very laid back, don't charge me extra for using a crap load of data on my "unlimited" data plan unlike Verizon. And I don't even pay for any tethering plan even though I've been doing it with Alltel's service for over 6 months now with NO extra charges on my bill.

And I can get all of my features to work on my Alltel phones that Verizon locks out.

Is this all going to come to an end soon?
    ... You will be assimulated.... Resistance is futile.

We've come to get your love, and destroy it.

Welcome to our Circle... the Circle of evil!

Can You Hear Me Now?

You may be grandfathered in to keeping your existing contract, until they can weasel a change in it. But if Altell Customer Service is as personal as the hype, kiss it goodbye and welcome to the big boys now with a large monolithic corporation.

I considered switching to Alltell in the past, but they do not accept my zipcode. I suspect adding them to the Vzn borg collective will not make that possible either.

Could ATTingular and T-Mo marry next, leaving Sprint to wither??
    Last edited by duanedude1; 06/06/2008 at 10:29 AM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Now the biggest company, Verizon.
    10 years ago when Alltel bought out the small regional company I was using, they were kind enough to incorporate many of my favorite features of that smaller company into their own. I don't suppose Verizon would consider doing that?

What I would miss the most from Alltel is their "anytime plan changes," with no cost and no extension of contract, and their "My Circle" plan, allowing me to call 10 numbers for free. Those of you on Verizon, do they have anything close to this?
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by paysonbadboy View Post
    Oh tell me this isn't true and that I am only dreaming (nightmare is more like it).

Alltel is very laid back, don't charge me extra for using a crap load of data on my "unlimited" data plan unlike Verizon. And I don't even pay for any tethering plan even though I've been doing it with Alltel's service for over 6 months now with NO extra charges on my bill.
    And that is probably the reason why they sold... lol

I doubt if you will see many companies offering "unlimited" data. Problem is that NO DATA plan is truly unlimited. No such animal exists. Almost like webhosting, where you have "unlimited" bandwidth. Does not exist.

All it takes is a bunch of p2p users sharing/downloading tons of data to ruin it for the rest of us... (And no, I'm not accusing you of anything... could be you are a victim like the rest of us.)

But I'd not "blame" the carriers for having to limit their data. I'd rather do that than not being able to get online because a couple of people in my area believes they can share 100 gb of data on their "unlimited" account illegally tethered to their desktop. lol Although, I do have an issue with companies claiming "unlimited" when the data is not truly unlimited. Although unlimited sounds better than "capped at 5 GB." lol

Even better that 5 gb is a lot for me... and I don't illegally tether but maybe two or three times a month. lol

And I can get all of my features to work on my Alltel phones that Verizon locks out.

Is this all going to come to an end soon?
    I doubt if verizon would change things that quickly.... it could take months even close to a year before you start seeing changes... depending on how verizon wants to play it. I've not read up on this, so I'm not sure.
    Last edited by theog; 06/06/2008 at 03:10 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    10 years ago when Alltel bought out the small regional company I was using, they were kind enough to incorporate many of my favorite features of that smaller company into their own. I don't suppose Verizon would consider doing that?

What I would miss the most from Alltel is their "anytime plan changes," with no cost and no extension of contract, and their "My Circle" plan, allowing me to call 10 numbers for free. Those of you on Verizon, do they have anything close to this?
    Verizon lets you change your plan at any time with no fees or contract extension. "my circle" will likely not survive, however there is unlimited "IN" calling and now their will be 80 million people that "IN" so that may help soften the blow. I know it doesn't cover landlines like my circle but it will help offset the cost of calling landlines by freeing up minutes in your mobile-to-mobile calling.