1.    #1  
    So, I'm having major problems with my T700p...I have a feeling it will be swapped out by the insurance plan very soon (as in the next day or two)...what will I get? Do they still give out T700ps or???
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    I just went through that after I lost my phone. I got a refurbed 700p. My friendly patter got nothing. In fact, they were so adamant I imagine they have piles of 700p's.

On the positive side, the replacement I got works flawlessly. I was quite satisfied with my original so this has been beyond my expections. The phone itself works great -- my other one was OK.

Good luck.
    When my 700p had an unfixable hardware issue it was swapped out for a 755p.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    it really depends what they have in stock
    I got a Blue 755p and the replacement phone was broken as well, so I ended up with a brand new black Centro.
    My Palm OS History: US Robotics Palm Pilot 1000 > Palm Vx > Handspring Visor Edge > Palm m505 > Handspring Treo 90 > Handspring Treo 300 > Handspring Treo 600 > PalmOne Treo 650 > Palm Treo 700p > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Centro 690

Other Phones: Sony Z100 > Motorola StarTAC ST7867W > Motorola TimePort P8767 > Sanyo SP6000 > Motorola v50 > Motorola v600 > Nokia 6102i > Blackberry 7290 > Blackberry 8700c
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    My sprint treo 700wx is about to kick the bucket. What do you think I would get? And should I go to a store or just call a rep?
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    So, I'm having major problems with my T700p...I have a feeling it will be swapped out by the insurance plan very soon (as in the next day or two)...what will I get? Do they still give out T700ps or???
    Almost all cell companies go through either an Insurance company called "Asurion" or "LockLine". These companies usually charge your premium rate and usage deductible through an agreement with your provider. When you call into Ccare, they'll usually confirm you have the insurance then transfer you to that company to make a claim. Whether or not they still have your phone in stock refurbished is what will determine if your phone will get replaced same model. Insurance companies will work with a provider's warranty department and acquire refurbished devices which they'll repair and use for insurance claims. If they don't have it in stock you'll either get a choice from phones or something extremely close in model/features. Either way its most likely the best way to avoid signing another agreement with your provider over a faulty phone issue. Just remember that most providers only yet you use the insurance two or three times a year!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    The first thing you get is a headache with all the fees and conditions. You are better off first taking the device back to the store and seeing what you can get.
    Most stores will just redirect you to call Ccare or sell you a phone with a new commitment. If you've had the phone for less than the trial period then DEFINITELY take it back, but if its been like a year then insurance is the way to go
    I have the insurance and My T650 is on its last legs: Attenna is loose, multiple drops and sratches, phone keeps crashing...I was planning to upgrade to the 800w but maybe I won't have to fork down the cash. I've been month-to-month with Sprint for 2 years now...any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I have the insurance and My T650 is on its last legs: Attenna is loose, multiple drops and sratches, phone keeps crashing...I was planning to upgrade to the 800w but maybe I won't have to fork down the cash. I've been month-to-month with Sprint for 2 years now...any suggestions?
    take it to a sprint exchange store u will prob get upgraded to a 755p or a 690p or a 700wx
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_Serious View Post
    Most stores will just redirect you to call Ccare or sell you a phone with a new commitment. If you've had the phone for less than the trial period then DEFINITELY take it back, but if its been like a year then insurance is the way to go
    sorta true as long as the phone isn't water damaged and the phone just has issue, braking you can take it to a repair or exchange store if there is insurance on the account its free if there isn't then its just a 55 or 35 dollar fee for a replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    "Upgrade" only if you truly want the device and don't wanna pay any No-Commitment pricing. If you have insurance on the device, I'd suggest using that first before upgrading as this will save you money and keep you month to month. While insurance does cost a deductible, it does not require a contract
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    sorta true as long as the phone isn't water damaged and the phone just has issue, braking you can take it to a repair or exchange store if there is insurance on the account its free if there isn't then its just a 55 or 35 dollar fee for a replacement
    True, just had to get my 755 swapped out. Rep told me that as long as the phone is not broken beyond repair it will be replaced at no charge as long as you carry the insurance.
    blazin...what was wrong with yours?
    i have taken my 700wx to the store several time just for some minor issues and cosmetics and they always gave another one, in fact thay gave one a week ago and I am expecting to change because the vibrate functions is wayyyy to noisy
  17.    #17  
    Well, my old girl is still hanging on. This darn thing wont die! Wodner what I could do to hasten it's demise?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyShawn View Post
    blazin...what was wrong with yours?
    Its was a combination of things. I must have had my keys in the same pocket and it punched a hole in the touchscreen overlay - thru a screen protector! The LCD still worked, even the touchscreen.... and it was like that for months. I didnt even attempt to exchange figuring they would call that negligence and make me pay the deductible.

But recently, the keyboard started acting up. I would send text messages and noticed all the "A's" were missing...same with "D" they werent registering all the time.

The hole in the screen was obvious, yet they didnt give me one problem with the exchange. Basically, like I stated above, as long as the phone isnt water damaged or run over by a truck they will give you a new one at no cost if you carry the $7 insurance.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I have the insuarance. I've had to replace 2 700p's and 3 755's. The only one I paid my deductible on was the one I replaced over the phone (and that was the first 700p). Since then I've gone into the store (Corporate store, not the glamorized Kiosk stores) when I have an issue. My phones have been repaired or replaced quickly, without paying any deductible or having to argue or complain.

As for what you can expect to get... I'd say if you go into the store, and they are willing to replace it, you'll get a 755. Not too many stores have any 700p's in stock.
    Sorry to bring back this old threat, but has anyone traded in a 700wx recently? I'm wondering if they are giving out anything newer, but I'm afraid that they have plenty of 700wx's lying around.