Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I switched to Sprint when the Treo 600 came out. I was on Cingular before.

I have great 3G coverage, and never drop calls. I hope they get some good phones in the future though. I am hoping the Centro can last me until some newer phones come out that I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    likely becasue there's a year warrenty on the palm so they swap it for free in the store and then chargeback palm. After the year you need to pay assurion their money.
    What?!

I broke my 650 3 months after I bought it & they still made me go through Asurion! OMG that makes me mad.

Sprint has really been a mixed bag for me. When I had 3 lines in my own name(don't even ask how I ended up with 3 lines, lets just say this; Aircards break VERY easily, and NEVER trust a boyfriend when they promise to pay for it if you'll add them to your plan), I had billing errors out the wazoo. They would double bill me every other month, never be able to tell me why, & then tell me the charges were "legitimate". Customer service was nonexistent except on rare occasions, nearly every rep was out of India, and simple plan changes resulted in catastrophe. I was working for an authorized Sprint seller last year & signed up for the $20/month employee plan, and they somehow managed to put me on that plan for each line, along with separate $70 family plans for EACH LINE. I nearly had a coronary when I got a $300 bill that month. I couldn't fathom how they managed to screw that up so badly.

So I finally cancelled all my lines, and my mom added me to her family plan. Since then I've had nothing but consistent billing and good service. I don't think Dan Hesse was making it up when he said they wanted to lose all those customers. There were a couple times when I had trouble paying my bill on time & got cut off, maybe they treated me like crap just to get rid of me cause they weren't making enough money off me.
    Last edited by KabukiAssassin; 08/26/2008 at 01:17 AM.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    yep-

with the 650's they would swap in the store up to a year if pressed. Frequently the csr's didn't have proper training and wouldn;t understand that the palms had that long a warrenty and would attempt to get you to go through assurian or mail order but if you found the manager he/she would always handle it.

So maybe POOR training is the problem with the CSR's in general?

Cant verify sprints policy on the 700's or newer as we moved to vz at that point- but that's how vz handles these newer ones too so i suspect sprint still would too.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I've been with Sprint for 8 years. I can count the number of times I've had any issues on one hand (with digits left to spare). I've found that most (not all) of the people that complain about rude CS service start their calls in attack mode. They're angry about something, and by gum someone is going to pay. How does the saying go...you catch more bees with honey.
    Yeah well, You have to consider that they have the lowest JD powers rating on customer service for a reason other than your implication that it is their customers' fault.

I've been with Sprint longer, and remember when we bought GSM phones. They switched to CDMA when I had bought my second set of GSM phones about three months earlier. They refused to give any credit (or even unlock it!) or any discount on the CDMA phones. also of course Sprint was the absolute leader in lobbying against porting of numbers meaning we were bing held hostage for full price phones or losing our numbers.

We instituted a class action suit -- and won. For those who think only lawyers make money in such deals Sprint exchanged my three handsets for brand new cdma handsets after the suit was approved for federal court and they settled..
    I've been with Sprint for years (3 lines) and have never had any serious problems with them. I had one billing problem which was resolved promptly and an equipment issue that was also resolved quickly. The coverage and call quality have been terrific. I think most of the people who complain that Sprint sucks were probably quite rude when they called in and/or demanded perks, freebies or discounts and didn't get them.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    ... I think most of the people who complain that Sprint sucks were probably quite rude when they called in and/or demanded perks, freebies or discounts and didn't get them.
    yup- it's the customer's fault....

they deserved it....

As above I never really had a problem with sprints customer service for many years. I suspect that MOST people dont. But the problem with customer service is pissing off a small fraction of people. "good" customer service might mean you only **** off 1% of your customers. So if sprint has "bad" customer service they might only **** off 2%. That's small but still DOUBLE would the others might do.

like aero says - third party surveys like JD Power show that people as a whole perceive that Sprint's customer service is worse then the other wireless providers. EVEN THEIR NEW LEADER acknowledges that their customer service is sub par for the industry. That's the bottom line.

the argument that we have never been effected is like people arguing that there aren't bugs in software becasue they have never stumbled on the conditions that allow them to manifest themselves.

So there's really no point in saying there wasn't any customer service problem at sprint- it's like a given fact. Even sprint agrees there was. The question really is are they addressing it well or not at this moment in time as they attempt to turn things around.
    In my expereicne three things really harmed sprints CS rep:
    1) a number of bad phone CSR who would screw up accounts and the difficulty fixing it.
    2) the stores. the stores were half sales floors and half long lines of people paying debit (cash) accounts. If you had a question about your service they could care less if they weren't going to sell you a new handset and new line.

My last couple of experiences in stores were not half bad, but for the longest time it was a dreadful experience.
    It's the lack of phones IMO. Pretty simple really. Back when palm was the major player, sprint was great. Palm went to sleep, others stepped up and sprint doesn't have any great phones. Even the Instinct is crap but Sprint spent the farm marketing that junk.

What's really puzzling is they are finally getting a couple exciting ones in the touch diamond and pro coming up. Puzzling thing? The Diamond is expected out on 9/2 (with one site saying 8/28) and NOT A WORD FROM SPRINT. Nothing on the front page. Still Instinct this, Instinct that.

C'mon Sprint, show some excitement over getting these two (diamond and touch pro) for an exclusive time. The Instinct is not the iphone..it never will be close to it. The diamond, if lag issues are fixed, offers quite a lot including perhaps a better browser than the iphone. The touch pro is a diamond with a slide out kb. The screens on these are killer.

Market your strengths such as evdo rev a, more coverage, cheaper plans that include text, better sound quality, etc. Spend on the money on this because you're getting beat up in the perceptions arena. And i still say the Instinct was an expensive mess for them.
    Last edited by cardfan; 08/28/2008 at 04:05 AM.
    I've been with Sprint for years (3 lines) and have never had any serious problems with them. I had one billing problem which was resolved promptly and an equipment issue that was also resolved quickly. The coverage and call quality have been terrific. I think most of the people who complain that Sprint sucks were probably quite rude when they called in and/or demanded perks, freebies or discounts and didn't get them.
    How about asking that they quit screwing up my bill, FIVE TIMES??? How about trying to help a gentleman who lost his phone and getting NO HELP from CS WHATSOEVER, along with a nice uncaring attitude?? Oh yeah, we're really unreasonable!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Pro: Good coverage
    Con: Uninformed outsourced CSR's (see India)

Pro: Good phones
    Con: They're locked

Pro: Grandfathered SERO plan (500 anytime, unl spr to spr, unl eve & weekends 7:00pm to 7:00am, unl text, unl data, unl roaming, 20% corp discount, insurance, taxes, fees, $33 a month
    Con: If you are not careful when calling CS, they restart your 2 year contract, or change your plan without your knowledge

The good far outweighs the bad, but doesn't mean I can't rant (former naughty word) about it.
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 08/28/2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Remove naughty word
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I see a lot of people say its the phone options but I don't see it honestly.

verizon seems always behind sprint of late yet vz is kicking sprints ****.
    I will say sprint is picking it up in phone selection but not so in the time they were bleeding. In addition, they are just not very smart in marketing.

At&t went from a crappy network to ultra popular in a short time. The iphone helped dramatically IMO but they also spend tons of money praising itself as more bars in more places. Verizon does this too with "can you hear me now?"

Sprint? <crickets> We're the Now Network. Huh? They spent a ton on the java Instinct, a poor iphone wannabe. I suppose in an attempt to build on what at&t & the iphone has done. If a better phone, it might work.

But what's more, sprint has to be aggressive. Market your strengths. What sold me on sprint before palm ever had a treo, was its "built from the ground up" slogans..the better quality phonecalls. With gsm, it was static, hissing, etc.
  13.    #53  
    I am surprised that people on this forum think sprint is slow with new phones. I switched to sprint because it was the only company at the time to have the treo 600. They were the first to get the 650, 700p (OK, maybe that wasn't a good thing), 755p and centro. For a while, they were the only company to have a palmOS device on a 3G network. Still today, you can't get that on AT&T so it is only verizon or sprint. Combine that with the great prices and I am a happy customer.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I am surprised that people on this forum think sprint is slow with new phones. I switched to sprint because it was the only company at the time to have the treo 600. They were the first to get the 650, 700p (OK, maybe that wasn't a good thing), 755p and centro. For a while, they were the only company to have a palmOS device on a 3G network. Still today, you can't get that on AT&T so it is only verizon or sprint. Combine that with the great prices and I am a happy customer.
    have to agree.

seems in the gsm v cdma world cdma will always be a little behind since worldwide gsm is so popular.

but between the cdma carriers sprint usually seems first- see all the palm stuff and windows mobile too. (mogul, touch, etc)

I really don't know what the fuss is about phone options.

verizon being cdma and slow as molasses is always like 6+months behind sprint and therefor just about last. yet they are making money hand over fist and gaining subs all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I will say sprint is picking it up in phone selection but not so in the time they were bleeding. In addition, they are just not very smart in marketing.

At&t went from a crappy network to ultra popular in a short time. The iphone helped dramatically IMO but they also spend tons of money praising itself as more bars in more places. Verizon does this too with "can you hear me now?"

Sprint? <crickets> We're the Now Network. Huh? They spent a ton on the java Instinct, a poor iphone wannabe. I suppose in an attempt to build on what at&t & the iphone has done. If a better phone, it might work.

But what's more, sprint has to be aggressive. Market your strengths. What sold me on sprint before palm ever had a treo, was its "built from the ground up" slogans..the better quality phonecalls. With gsm, it was static, hissing, etc.

More bars in more places equates to worldwide gsm. at&t has a large network but when it comes to more bars in more places state side, Verizon "can you here me now" wins hands down. I have been with Verizon, Sprint and now with at&t and I am seeing what they meant by more bars in more places.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    around me(former bellatlantic region) verizon's network is hands down the best.

but I did have sprint for many years and it wasn't pathetic -like att was(is?). so for many i'd think sprint would be "good enough" especially considering the much better pricing.

but maybe not?

does sprint have business sales people? verizon has sales people that are always hanging around corporate clients- they even babysit my crappy little 7 line small business account. Maybe sprint is weak with the lucrative business subs? the few big corporations I deal with as clients all seem to have verizon and/or att.
    Actually Sprint takes excellent care of their business customers. I know I used to be a business customer because of a corporate discount (not sure when I got switched back to being a regular customer), and I always got great service the first time I asked.

I think most businesses don't go with Sprint just because Sprint really doesn't make an effort to let people know that their coverage is good.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How about asking that they quit screwing up my bill, FIVE TIMES??? How about trying to help a gentleman who lost his phone and getting NO HELP from CS WHATSOEVER, along with a nice uncaring attitude?? Oh yeah, we're really unreasonable!
    Why would you expect CS to help you with a lost phone? (aside from suspending service or transfering it to another line) If he had insurance, that's who you should have called. If not, he's out of luck. CS is not going to replace a lost phone.
    Why would you expect CS to help you with a lost phone? (aside from suspending service or transfering it to another line) If he had insurance, that's who you should have called. If not, he's out of luck. CS is not going to replace a lost phone.
    Exactly...it's not their fault it was lost. They'll mark it lost...and probably even help you buy a new one. Beyond that, they're free to use the Obama cop out...it's out of their pay grade.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    FYI, I found the phone of a Sprint customer and they could easily have contacted him with my info!!! I had to wait for his son to call so I could tell him to inform his dad I found his lost phone. The gentleman was very grateful as Sprint had the same BS attitude you mentioned!! A little CS would go a LONG way. If they can reach him at work or on another line, it would have taken only a few minutes to place that call.

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast