Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can't speak to their business model. However, I've been with Sprint for over 5 years. I've had nothing but good experiences with their CS, and currently have 5 lines in my house (Wifey, 2 sons and I, as well as Grandma and Grandpa's line) for less that $200. All have unlimited data (though I doubt that G&G use much), including text, Sprint TV, etc.

I haven't found another company that meets my needs as well as Sprint has. YMMV.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    saw this article abotu their troubles:

http://www.redorbit.com/news/busines...ers/index.html

interestingly it sounds like the issue is their custoemr service sucks? That surprises me- I never had a problem in all the years I was there.

also mentions they have bad phone choices- but they are always in front of vz and vz is kicking their **** so i dont think that's likely.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I'm one of the posters in that thread. My experience with Sprint CS is generally positive since I get everything I've asked for. Of course this takes into account that I read the pertinent forums religiously. I know people that easily pay twice as much for the same service with Sprint and usually are the same ones that complain about the CS. From my experience, all CS are basically the same. Although Sprint might have very low level CS reps at the front line. Once you get through that then they are all similar in performance. I usually just bypass the front line by taking advice from these forums.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Sprint Customer can be a hit or a miss. Business side tends to be better, but by no means they are perfect.

The problem I have is having to use Sprint Customer so often. If we took a poll, I would have to believe the number 1 topic involving Sprint Customer service is regarding billing.

For me personally, I have been having to call Sprint Customer service like clockwork every month ever since they switched me from P2K to Ensemble. You know their billing system is REALLY screwed up when you had a Family Share plan under P2K, but they can't put you on a Family Share plan under Ensemble. They "mimic" this function on my account by charging me overage minutes on 2 of my 3 lines then credit me back for for the overages every month. You can imagine what sort of issues this could and does cause for someone. Of course, I'm speaking from experience.

Tae
    They really screwed up with the Nextel merger. Before that, they were great. After that...billing problems out the wazoo.

I personally never had problems, but I did experience some bad customer service for the first time last night. I called the retentions department, hoping to get a good deal on some phone upgrades, and the guy I talked to was pretty rude. Sprint recently changed their security measures to a PIN instead of a password, and I had no idea what my PIN was. When I finally found it, I asked him if he could just notate in there that I wanted to be asked my password instead of a random hard-to-remember PIN, and he basically just went off about how he couldn't do that, and how FCC regulations required it and all that crap. A simple no would've been fine.

I've come to realize that the female reps are more lenient and kinder than the male ones. Every time I've gotten something done, I've dealt with a female rep. Maybe Sprint needs to secretly discriminate who they hire.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post

I've come to realize that the female reps are more lenient and kinder than the male ones. Every time I've gotten something done, I've dealt with a female rep. Maybe Sprint needs to secretly discriminate who they hire.
    Lol, Ive had the same type of experience & completely agree.
    Had that experience again...first girl tried to override my upgrade eligibility date, but her supervisor said no. I asked to talk to the supervisor...turns out he was a guy. He then personally told me no, and then without bothering to argue with him, I asked to be transferred to someone higher up than him. He sent me to retentions, a girl picked up, and though she didn't override it, she gave me a number to give Best Buy so they could call when I bought the phone, and she notated everything so I wouldn't have problems.

I think from now on, if I get a guy, instead of wasting my breath trying to explain to him, I'm just going to hang up and call again.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Unfortunately, I can't say much good about Sprint. I went through hell and back trying to get a damaged Treo replaced under their equipment coverage plan (headset jack broke, and locked the phone into thinking it always had a headset connected - but then didn't even work with one!).

After those annoying couple of weeks were done, I got my first bill - for over $100 more than usual. It seems when they gave me my new phone, they removed my Sprint Vision plan and charged me usage rates! Someone care to explain why they have to muck with my plan to replace a piece of hardware? Anyway, I complained, they issued a credit, and promised it wouldn't happen again.

Next month rolls around, and the bill is even HIGHER. Now they managed something amazing - they charged me for both the Vision plan AND the usage charges. Another round of fighting with customer service. Another credit. This past month was the first that seems correct.

Combine things like that with the Nextel merger (combine two companies with lackluster customer service, incompatible technology, and... profit?), CDMA technology (so they won't get the international travel audience), a huge marketing blitz on the Samsung Instinct (which if you read online, has massive firmware problems that Samsung apparently has no intention of fixing), WiMax deployment problems... well, Sprint isn't looking too hot. Really, they have one advantage - their data plans are more reasonably priced than any of their competitors.

I don't think the iPhone is a factor, and CDMA vs GSM isn't for most people - after all, Verizon uses CDMA and doesn't have an iPhone, and they're doing just fine.

I'm placing bets that Sprint gets bought out by Verizon at some point at firesale prices, the Nextel iDEN network gets shut down, and we may even see AT&T buy T-Mobile (the US wing isn't doing so hot either). So your choices will be AT&T or Verizon. Not exactly a future I'm thrilled with either...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I've been with Sprint for 8 years. I can count the number of times I've had any issues on one hand (with digits left to spare). I've found that most (not all) of the people that complain about rude CS service start their calls in attack mode. They're angry about something, and by gum someone is going to pay. How does the saying go...you catch more bees with honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I've been with Sprint for 8 years. I can count the number of times I've had any issues on one hand (with digits left to spare). I've found that most (not all) of the people that complain about rude CS service start their calls in attack mode. They're angry about something, and by gum someone is going to pay. How does the saying go...you catch more bees with honey.
    I've also been with Sprint for 8 years, and have had only good experiences when I've dealt with CS. I also agree that patience is essential when dealing with any organization - if the person doesn't immediately know an answer, this isn't an excuse to go on the attack.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    The problem with Sprint is that as long as everything is working, it's all good. But as soon as there's a problem they don't know how to begin to address it, don't have the manpower to address it, and act like they really don't want to be bothered by your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    The problem with Sprint is that as long as everything is working, it's all good. But as soon as there's a problem they don't know how to begin to address it, don't have the manpower to address it, and act like they really don't want to be bothered by your problem.
    I've had Treo devices since the 600, and (as is common when you're using a cutting edge device) there have been some issues over the years. I've never had the experience that you've described above.

You just have to pray that you don't experience any problems.
    I've had problems before...but they've always had the manpower to fix them...or rather...womanpower.
    I have been with Sprint since 1997 and only a handful of 'issues'. Agree that forums help me, I trust a hacker in cyberspace WAAAYY more than a CS rep handling 40 calls an hour to fix a problem that I have.

When I had a 'regular' phone, I think I only ever had a billing issue and that was partially my fault, my CC expired and I had moved 3 times since creating my billing profile, so I never received notification of the issue (if they ever did send it).

The only other issue that I really had a problem with, which was finally addressed was when I was using Business Connect for email. I didn't want text msgs coming on my phone because they freaking charge YOU .10 to receive a text even if you don't want it/ don't respond to it - - I have jacka$$es that I work with that would send me txts and then international people would (add international charge), arrgghhh. Anyway I had them block texts on my account, well then Business connect didn't work because it uses the SMS signal to notify the phone there is an email. I simply asked for the minimum number of txt msg plan they had to be added to my account, so that I wouldn't get charged a buck or two for texts I don't want but still have email. Took about 5 rounds of calls to get that resolved. Even after explaining that I was paying $15/data, $15/email and $60/voice and all I wanted was a few texts... sheesh. Anyway, shortly after that I switched to the SEVEN beta and didn't even need/use the texts anymore...

Other than that, I have no complaints, rarely am I ever in an area that doesn't have service, and I laugh at freinds/family that have to pay VzW or ATT for the outrageous data charges to have what I have for $15.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I've been through 5 phones in the past 2+ years (2 700p's and 3 755p's). I've yet to have an issue with fixing or replacing the phone. I do have insurance. However, I've only been charged the deductible once, and that's because I went directly through Asurion instead of going into my local Sprint store(corporate owned store).
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I dropped my SERO plan to go back to AT&T. Yeah, I know---foolish. So much for my iPhone 3G lust (haven't bought it yet). I had great coverage with Sprint.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

as above - i had sprint for MANY years and never had a problem with customer service. But I dont think it's appropriate to blame all the victims here that "they must have caused it with their rude behavior"

clearly there is a perception that sprint is just slightly above a cable company in peoples minds- if it was the customers fault then they would be more randomly distributed i would guess
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I've been through 5 phones in the past 2+ years (2 700p's and 3 755p's). I've yet to have an issue with fixing or replacing the phone. I do have insurance. However, I've only been charged the deductible once, and that's because I went directly through Asurion instead of going into my local Sprint store(corporate owned store).
    likely becasue there's a year warrenty on the palm so they swap it for free in the store and then chargeback palm. After the year you need to pay assurion their money.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast