1.    #1  
    hey kids....title pretty much says it. got some issues, but I can limp through them if an insurance (lock/line, or whatever it's going by now) claim is going to renew my contract. I'm SO making the jump to a 3G iPhone.
  2.    #2  
    sorry...this is on sprint.
    not on verizon my kid lost her phone and they just replaced it. Actually its a different company.
    On Sprint an insurance replacement will not renew your contract. Verizon is noted for renewing your contract for anything like that, but I replaced phones with both warranty and insurance issues and they don't change a thing. They really are a great company in my mind.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5.    #5  
    thanks rick. now...anyone know what they're replacing 700p's with? a 755, or do they still have 700p's?
    I got my 700p replaced with a 755p, they gave me several options but I told them I only wanted a palm os and a centro would not suffice. This was through sprint because my phones hardware problem could not be repaired. If you are getting a new phone because it was lost/stolen/water damaged then it's up to the company that handles those replacements for sprint decides but I hear they will generally work with you and get you your prefered replacement.

IOW it depends why you are getting your phone replaced on what your options are.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyShawn View Post
    hey kids....title pretty much says it. got some issues, but I can limp through them if an insurance (lock/line, or whatever it's going by now) claim is going to renew my contract. I'm SO making the jump to a 3G iPhone.
    Yes, and no. It does not start a new 2 year agreement, but they will reset the timer for you cashing in on a discounted handset in the future. Normally, they will give you a $75 discount after 1 year, and $150 after the 2nd year. Swap out your phone for ANY reason, and it restarts.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-