Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just called verizon and they happily added the 29.99 data plan to my 700p and assured me it would be $23.99 based on the 20% off employee discount I receive. When I log in to their site, it does say "unlimited." However, when I click "add/remove features" section, it says $44.99/month, and below it the discounted amount $34.99/month. Hmmmmm- looks suspicious.
    to jmorgans: Did you call their cust. service number? I plan on calling them to get the same plan... cross my fingers!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorgans View Post
    I just called verizon and they happily added the 29.99 data plan to my 700p and assured me it would be $23.99 based on the 20% off employee discount I receive. When I log in to their site, it does say "unlimited." However, when I click "add/remove features" section, it says $44.99/month, and below it the discounted amount $34.99/month. Hmmmmm- looks suspicious.
    I got the exact same quote when I called about the 29.99 plan. Only to find on my bill that they kept the 44.99 plan instead. I called and they advised me that the Cust Service rep was unaware that the plan was not eligible for the 700p. I'm not a lawyer but i bet I could have fought it, but i chose not to. I think the issue is that Verizon is afraid of the Treo in general. The phon eis so customizable that they can't control what people do with it. They offer this plan on the centro because it is being marketed as a personal device and doesn't come with EAS loaded on (not that you couldn't do that yourself) and they're betting most won't know that.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    If I'm not mistaken, the $29.99 plan is not unlimited for PALM devices (yet). It's only 10MG with overage at the rate of $0.00512/kb.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    No, from what I understand the $29.99 plan is unlimited data, but only works for "low" end smartphones (like the Centro and HTC Libra).

Anyways I just replaced my 700p with a Centro the other day and still needed to call customer service to have the plan changed since apparently store reps are still catching up.

Gotta love price and feature wars right?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12