1.    #1  
    Seems to me that on my lenovo, my sprint air card is way faster than 755p via pdanet. Looking for others to share their results.
    Your Sprint air card would be faster because it does not rely upon Bluetooth or a USB cable. It provides a direct connection to the laptop.

Ben
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Depending on which aircard you have, it may be connecting via EVDO Rev A, which either Treo is not. If so, that's why the aircard is faster than the Treo...
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Anyone upgrade Mogul with Rev A? pdanet is a bit slow with Rev 0. Let me know how works out with the new Mogul.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Just a guess... the purpose-built aircard which isn't running any other software has an advantage, and the Rev. of EV-DO could also make a difference. I don't think that there would be a significant difference between PCMCIA or ExpressCard and USB, since even with Rev. A there's not a huge amount of bandwidth anyway. Maybe bluetooth could be a factor.

Just my guesses, though.
    Who's flying this thing?
  6.    #6  
    the bluetooth is definitely a dog compared to usb. I appreciate all your reponses, but I'd like to read some results from another with a sprint sierra aircard vs treo 755p usb pdanet on the same laptop.
    For the cost of the aircard, I am happy using PDANet for those times I need.
    It would be a rare occasion when I would need it, but is PDANet the only way to hook a Sprint Centro to my laptop to get internet? I mean without paying for the tethered data plan? Since PDANet is not free, I probably will not even bother. Most of the time if I'm out of town, the hotel will have internet for my laptop anyhow.
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 03/30/2008 at 08:40 PM.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.