1.    #1  
    I'm surprised it hasn't been posted yet.

Not too shabby...sure, it's not Sero, or other deals some people have worked out, but you get all that add-on crap, plus all the gab and data you can stand.

Better than any other carrrier at this time...

Over the past 10 years, I've saved thousands with Sprint. They are far from perfect, but their EVDO Rev A kicks bootay, and the coverage is good enough (and better than many places).

The Nextel move was a gamble that didn't pay off; cest la vie. It's not anything new in the business world.
    what are the data speeds like with the centro?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    evdo & Centro = very fast and a nice experience.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The $99 deal is pretty good for one phone if you are a heavy user of all the services. The value drops off though once you start adding phones to the same account

With the $99 deal, additional lines cost you $5 less for each line, so 3 phones would be $282/mo ($99 + $94 + $89).

You can currently get the Family Pack with 3 phones for $158/mo (phone #2 is free, although the price list on the web does not make that clear, phone #3 is $9.95) with free night, weekend, sprint2sprint and 4000 "anytime" mins (over 4000 at .25/min).

You DO have to add vision to each phone (15/mo) and text messaging (its confusing but apparantly $10/mo gets you unlimited IF you also buy the vision pack). so thats another $75 bringing it to $233/mo for unlimited data, unlimted sms and 4000 anytime talk min (free night/weekend and sprint to sprint)

So you can talk up to about 4200 min per month (with the overage charge) on the family pack before you reach the $282 unlimited price.

I currently have an older plan with 3 lines 2500 anytime min, unlimited data, 500 texts, free nights, weekends, mobile, etc. For $140/mo. That, however, includes several loyalty and courtesy discounts. Without the discounts, it would be $175/mo.

The closest current family plan to what i am currently getting would cost me about $188/mo, assuming no discounts

So, since I have never gone over my 2500 min or 500 text messages, there is no reason for me or others with similar plans/usage to switch.

Bottom line: For three phones, if your montly usage (not counting nights, weekends, sprint2sprint, etc) is under 4200, then the current family plans are better. If your combined non-free usage is over 4200, then three phones on the $99 unlimited plan is better. Again assuming no discounts.

The big thing is to check your usage to make sure you are comparing apples to apples as much as possible. Since my wife, kids and parents and several of my friends and most other family members all have Sprint phones, the vast majority of my usage is free and doesnt count against my 2500 mins. Also i use the cell phone a lot at nights and on weekends, so that's not counting either. Make sure you really need unlimited anytime mins before you pay for them!
    Last edited by midmofan; 02/29/2008 at 04:47 PM.
    Oh, yeah, heres the link to the $99 unlimited plan:
    http://www.sprintspecialoffers.com/e...EverythingPlan
    That $99 deal might be good for some... if they can't get sero.

I have sero with 1250 minutes, unlimited txt, unlimited data... I have not went over 600 minutes yet. So that plan might as well be unlimited for me. lol... same boat, many family members on sprint, so no biggie.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    This deal is going to help business people who, due to certain reasons, cannot have family plans, and use their phone more in one day than most of us use it in a month. I can't see too many people getting this plan unless their bill is already over $99, but I can see a lot of people switching whose bill is already over that. That's where I think Sprint will be helped in the long run, because they are offering the most for the money. Hopefully they will get some of the business back that they've lost. I know the manager of my office was going today to renew his contract with Verizon. His bill is over $250 a month. I showed him the Sprint full page ad in every newspaper I saw today (good job Sprint ) and he's off to get a Centro.
    Last edited by RickMG; 03/01/2008 at 01:10 AM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    oh, yeah. for anybody that has a single line and a bill over $100/mo., switching to this plan is a no-brainer even if you don't really need unlimited everything.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    ...That's where I think Sprint will be helped in the long run, because they are offering the most for the money. Hopefully they will get some of the business back that they've lost...
    This is the only way that Sprint can come out a winner with this plan. If, for example, 10,000 current Sprint customers switch from a plan that used to cost over $200 a month to this one, they've immediately lost another $1 million each month. They need to add at least 10,000 new customers just to make up for that lost revenue.

I think what will make the biggest difference is how quickly the other carriers decide to match Sprint's offer. If they do, Sprint only loses money from their current customers and doesn't gain back many new ones.
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I think what will make the biggest difference is how quickly the other carriers decide to match Sprint's offer. If they do, Sprint only loses money from their current customers and doesn't gain back many new ones.
    I'm betting (as I'm sure Sprint is) that Verizon and AT&T are too greedy to give freebies away with their unlimited talk plan.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I'm betting (as I'm sure Sprint is) that Verizon and AT&T are too greedy to give freebies away with their unlimited talk plan.
    You're probably right, but (as an ATT customer), I hope you're wrong!
    tim