1.    #1  
    Hi all, I am interesting in learning more about Sprint CDMA data connection problems.

As a brief background, I am an avid Sprint treo user who has used practically every model beginning with the 600. Last fall while using the 755p, my internet applications, (versamail/blazer/mergic ping) would stop working unexpectedly. It would happen frequently at least several times a week. Sometimes twice a day. The only remedy that I found to restore service was to cold boot the device by pulling out the battery.

Last month I replaced my Sprint 755p with a Sprint Centro and noticed that it began exhibiting the same symptoms shortly after use of 1 week.

Unfortunately, I was never able to locate a correlation between the communication disconnects and Sprint product and services line. It's been some time (Summer 07) since I used a unit prior to the 755p (specifically the 700 and 650's).

I am a fairly seasoned with updated device patches, user based configs/tweaks, etc. It doesn't 'feel' like a typical Palm OS problem. Also, I have rule out my on-net profile configuration because it has been rebuilt a couple times now. Unless i have missed prior discussions on treocentral or other forums indexed by Google, i suspect this problem occurs more frequently with either these two devices both 755p and Centros or to some type of change that had occured over the past 6 months. I'm leaning on wireless data services more than the device its self. Geographically, I am located in Tallahassee (N. Florida).

I donít remember the Sprint data service to be this unreliable (~4years). If I am having issues than I can only assume my users/clients/friends may be also. Any thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.
    I only experienced that problem under two conditions. The most usual case was when Sprint was making changes to the coverage or network (within a week or two, a new PRL showed or extended EVDO coverage my 700p and 755p acted strange). The other case is related to the built in IM app in my 755p. I deleted it from RAM and the problem went away. If you do a hard reset it will return but as long as you NEVER open it, it is not required to be deleted. It also acted up when used for long periods of time (long calls, Slingplayer, TT6) but that seems to have disappeared with 1.07.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    I only experienced that problem under two conditions. The most usual case was when Sprint was making changes to the coverage or network (within a week or two, a new PRL showed or extended EVDO coverage my 700p and 755p acted strange). The other case is related to the built in IM app in my 755p. I deleted it from RAM and the problem went away. If you do a hard reset it will return but as long as you NEVER open it, it is not required to be deleted. It also acted up when used for long periods of time (long calls, Slingplayer, TT6) but that seems to have disappeared with 1.07.

Good luck.
    CVELA90,

You may have found my bug! Which IM prog. did you delete? I have 'SMS messages2' and 'messages database'. I understand a hard reset will restore it.

Thanks,
    parkerltng

Don't pm me, I think many 755p users might want to try it!
    Hi,
    I just started to experience a connection issue (again) on my Sprint 700p. This happened to me last year. The phone would seem to think it still had a connection, but in fact it had lost it, and then any data app would time out (and not realize the issue was the fact that the connection was gone).

If it is the same issue, then nothing you do on your phone will fix it. You need to get through to the appropriate level of help at Sprint (ha!), and have them wipe you out from their side (rtn wipe? I can't remember the term I saw go around here).

It could be something else. I just wiped my phone and reinstalled, so maybe some garbage got in there, or maybe something vital is gone or changed.

My boss just got a new blackberry, and I am tired of defending palm. If only iPhone had a 3g network, was open, and had real third-party applications... I figure I have 1 more year of sprint hell left.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.