1.    #1  
    Sprint just called me. 3 weeks after I told them to add me to their do not call list.

Strike 1.

Anyway, the call came from a woman who could barely speak English, and the English she could speak I had an extremely hard time understanding.

Strike 2. You want my business? You are presumably in the US, definitely calling the US. Speak English. Clearly.

She went into some spiel about offering me a 2nd line of service with no additional fees. Then she tried to go into the incredible phones and what they could do.

Now, do you suppose this call could have had anything to do with the fee changes they are sending notices out about that would entitle me to canceling service with them without an ETF?

You know what, though. The call pissed me off. Plain and simple. I do NOT appreciate receiving solicitation calls from a business I PAY for a service (or anyone else, for that matter...but someone I'm already paying...is a no-no), and I especially don't appreciate that the person who called couldn't speak English well enough that I could understand everything she said.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I got the same call recently (probably from the same person reading your description) which also annoyed me. This caller did not even have my data right (most of the stuff she told me about my Sprint plan was just plain wrong). So I shut her down quickly (specifically requesting to not change anything on my current contract) and I hope she will not call again. A few days later I checked my current plan details online just to check nothing has changed (no change found).

Cheers.
    I got the call last night. She asked if she could talk to me about getting me a better plan. When I said I am very satisfied with my plan she hung up on me. She definitely didn't speak English as her first language.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Yep...got that call too. She wanted to offer me a better text plan and I said how do you do better than unlimited for free??? She hung up on me...imagine that
    When I left sprint, they still had English speakers. Crappy attitudes but still spoke English. They outsourced a lot within the last 3 yrs.??
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    I think it's a valid complaint to Sprint that they should not have non English speaking reps calling English speaking customers. It's bad enough I have to suffer through a conversation for tech support...but don't freaking COLD CALL me and not be able to speak English. How will you understand me when I curse you out and hang up on you???

Not that I would really do that. But boy was it tempting last night.
    I once told an English speaking rep that Sprint's excuse for overbilling me AGAIN was BS(the full word), she got pissed, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Sprint just called me. 3 weeks after I told them to add me to their do not call list.

Strike 1.

Anyway, the call came from a woman who could barely speak English, and the English she could speak I had an extremely hard time understanding.

Strike 2. You want my business? You are presumably in the US, definitely calling the US. Speak English. Clearly.

She went into some spiel about offering me a 2nd line of service with no additional fees. Then she tried to go into the incredible phones and what they could do.

Now, do you suppose this call could have had anything to do with the fee changes they are sending notices out about that would entitle me to canceling service with them without an ETF?

You know what, though. The call pissed me off. Plain and simple. I do NOT appreciate receiving solicitation calls from a business I PAY for a service (or anyone else, for that matter...but someone I'm already paying...is a no-no), and I especially don't appreciate that the person who called couldn't speak English well enough that I could understand everything she said.

You have to email: officeofprivacy ,,.. @ ,,.. sprint.com with your cell phone name in the subject to be removed. I was told this is the ONLY way to be removed (don't know if I believe that, but that is what I was told). Anyway, I emailed them and they never called again. Telling the reps or even retentions to remove you will not work, even though they say they will... only the email worked for me....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Name or number?

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post

Strike 1.

I think Sprint may have a call center in the Philippines.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Name or number?
    I messed that up... sorry...

It is "cell phone number in the subject."
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001