Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I used to work at Sprint, and I even consulted with the SprintPCS division a time or two on UNIX systems issues.

MY family have all had Sprint phones since about 1998.

I took one my daughters off Sprint and moved her to Cricket because she could not manage her 700 minutes a month and Cricket is unlimited.

Cricket has been a dream. Always the same cost!

A couple of weeks ago my wife dropped her Sprint phone into some water and killed it. We went to our regional full service Sprint store. The Sprint rep there refused to do anything but refer us to the insurance company.

I asked him THREE times to just sell me a Centro for the wife, to heck with the cost. Just tell me what it is and I will pay you cash right now. He refused to budge from his stance of "You must contact the insurance company in order to get a new phone." HUH? You have a store fuill of phones righ here, sell me one. He just wouldn't do it.

My wife really needed a working phone. Her job depends upon it. So we drove around the corner to the Cricket store and walked out 15 minutes later with a better phone than she had before, for allot less than we expected. It was worth the cancellation fee.

And best of all, the wife no longer needs to watch her minutes.

Another daughter (Centro), and all four of my sons (Treos) still have Sprint phones, as do I (Treo 700p). Mine is provided to me by my employer, so I never need to watch my minutes anyways.

I just thought it was so WRONG of the Sprint store rep to be so insensitive to our needs, and to be so stupid that he couldn't just sell us a whole new phone. I would have paid the $350.00 full price for a Centro that night, but he just wouldn't do it.
    As you should know, a company is only as good as the idiots they hire. If the ***** behind the counter would not sell you a phone, you should have called someone in Sprint in front of him and complained. You said you worked for Sprint, so you should know someone hgher up the ladder.

Or maybe you should have talked to the Store manager. If the ***** behind the counter lost Sprint a sale and a customer, I would think Sprint would want to know about it.

Hmm.... don't you just love the level of incompetence? And to get paid for it must be a wonderful thing!

There is no way he should have told you that the only way to buy a new phone was thru insurance; this was clearly a character who didn't know what he was talking about.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I am tempted to call Bravo Sierra. What store was this? I have done shopping in several dozen Sprint stores and have never been denied buying phone price.
    Based on what you wrote here, the Sprint rep was clearly unaware of Sprint policies. A store manager would have been able to resolve the issue and fix the training issue with that employee.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Im curious as to why you never asked to speak to the manager.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    What is Cricket?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    I think it's a regional cellular company. I saw a forum for it under Howard.

Looks like it's this company. http://www.mycricket.com/

Actually looking at their coverage map, I wish they'd open up around here! We need more alternatives! But their phones are a little on the crappy side IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    If you were willing to pay list price just to replace the phone, you should have gone to any third party dealer that resells Sprint. Those stores will sell you a phone at list and do an esn change for you, no problem. The issue here is that you went to a Sprint owned store, which has those weird policies...
    ok, so i currently work at sprint and i understand what probably was going on.. yes he referred you to your insurance company only so you could get you a brand new phone for only 50 dollars instead of having to pay the 350 for a new phone.. but ill admit he was wrong when you wanted to just buy the phone flat out.. i guess it was a harsher way on trying to save you money but i mean if it was really that serious i would have jus sold you a phone. oh and by the way, everything that glitters isnt gold, there is a reason why cricket plans are so cheap.. especially for unlimited minutes.. how about checking out their coverage and the roaming rates, then compare sprints mobile broadband speeds to crickets (largest and the fastest network period).
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I am tempted to call Bravo Sierra. What store was this? I have done shopping in several dozen Sprint stores and have never been denied buying phone price.
    Calling Boy Sam may be a little premature. I've had dealings in (real) Sprint stores, just as bad as this.

# 1: Talked to a GREAT Sprint store manager, and I explained how I paid full price for a phone, and Sprint billing restarted my 2 year wait for a rebate. He promised me when the 700P when it came out, he would give me a $150 discount. He even wrote it on his business card, and signed it.
    Between that time, and when the 700P came out, he moved on to greener pastures. The new manager (what a witch), refused to honor it, and told me she would fire any of her employees that did.

# 2: Different Sprint store. Brought a phone in for repair, under warranty. Tech did determine the phone was faulty, but they had no phone to replace it with. I was told they had to send it in, and turn around time was 5 business days. I bit the bullet and let them do it. 5 days later I went in, and they had a lame excuse that my phone was sent to the wrong store. I asked him which store, so I could go there and pick it up. He refused to tell me. Told me to come back 3 days later. I did. I asked for my phone, this guy told me he already gave it to me the day before, and accused me of trying to scam the store. He even threatened to call the police.

My sig says it all....
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 12/11/2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Poor grammmmmmar
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Calling Boy Sam may be a little premature. I've had dealings in (real) Sprint stores, just as bad as this.

# 1: Talked to a GREAT Sprint store manager, and I explained how I paid full price for a phone, and Sprint billing restarted my 2 year wait for a rebate. He promised me the 700P when it came out, with a $150 discount. He even wrote it on his business card, and signed it.
    Between that time, and when the 700P came out, he moved on to greener pastures. The new manager (what a witch), refused to honor it, and told me she would fire any of her employees that did.

# 2: Different Sprint store. Brought a phone in for repair, under warranty. Tech did determine the phone was faulty, but they had no phone to replace it with. I was told they had to send it in, and turn around time was 5 business days. I bit the bullet and let them do it. 5 days later I went in, and they had a lame excuse that my phone was sent to the wrong store. I asked him which store, so I could go there and pick it up. He refused to tell me. Told me to come back 3 days later. I did. I asked for my phone, this guy told me he already gave it to me the day before, and accused me of trying to scam the store. He even threatened to call the police.

My sig says it all....
    i mean honestly, cmon.. if sprint was really that bad it wouldnt be one of the top rated carriers, yeah there might be a few situations in where you could possibly run into jerk managers and such, but please tell me if that very same thing couldnt happen at another phone company? the first situation.. i mean honestly; i understand that you felt that it was unfair.. seriously, you have my sympathy- it is screwed up how everything went down, but honestly if you was a new manager in any store and a customer came in claiming that they was promised a discount on an item from an employee who no longer works there, how could you really know for sure if they are telling the truth? anyone could do that, hell its been done enough times already as it is.. so yea she might of came off *****y but she was really looking out for the store and the other employees, everytime a discount is applied that isnt supposed to be, it is taken out of the manager's paycheck.. something i doubt anyone would be willing to take the chance with, i dont care how believable you make out your story to be..

and on to the second issue.. which is another situation in which you jus happen to run into the wrong person, when you do an "advanced exchange" on a phone they are required to give you a receipt with all the information on what procedures have been done thus far, an while you are waiting on your phone to come in, that receipt shows that you are waiting on the replacement phone to come in.. plus everything is documented in the system, so if they really didnt exchange your phone then really it would be simple for them to pull it up in the computer which automatically documents everything that has happened.. hell if he threatned to call the police let him go for it, if you are truthful then you wouldnt have a thing to worry about, i mean why wouldnt you let him call the police, that would help YOU out..
    Quote Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
    i mean honestly, cmon.. if sprint was really that bad it wouldnt be one of the top rated carriers, yeah there might be a few situations in where you could possibly run into jerk managers and such, but please tell me if that very same thing couldnt happen at another phone company? the first situation.. i mean honestly; i understand that you felt that it was unfair.. seriously, you have my sympathy- it is screwed up how everything went down, but honestly if you was a new manager in any store and a customer came in claiming that they was promised a discount on an item from an employee who no longer works there, how could you really know for sure if they are telling the truth?
    1. The new manager was promoted from within the same store, She, and everyone else there knew him.
    2. I only make stuff up when it's funny. This isn't funny.

anyone could do that, hell its been done enough times already as it is.. so yea she might of came off *****y but she was really looking out for the store and the other employees, everytime a discount is applied that isnt supposed to be, it is taken out of the manager's paycheck.. something i doubt anyone would be willing to take the chance with, i dont care how believable you make out your story to be..
    3. Yeah, you truly are a Sprint employee. The manager didn't care either. Same attitude as yours. You will do well there.
    4. See # 2 above.
    and on to the second issue.. which is another situation in which you jus happen to run into the wrong person, when you do an "advanced exchange" on a phone they are required to give you a receipt with all the information on what procedures have been done thus far, an while you are waiting on your phone to come in, that receipt shows that you are waiting on the replacement phone to come in.. plus everything is documented in the system, so if they really didnt exchange your phone then really it would be simple for them to pull it up in the computer which automatically documents everything that has happened.. hell if he threatned to call the police let him go for it, if you are truthful then you wouldnt have a thing to worry about, i mean why wouldnt you let him call the police, that would help YOU out..
    5. I actually encouraged him to do so. I was trying to keep an already long post from getting any longer. This particular incident happened with days of the Srint/Nextel "merger" announcement. This Sprint store was in the same strip mall as an actual Nextel store. My thought at the time is nobody knew who was keeping their jobs, so they just didn't give a rat's a**.

The 2 incidents above were the face to face variety. I have FAR more stories dealing with your ***** call center in India, and even retentions in Orlando.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

1. so basically you are saying that, the manager who was there just randomly decided to not give you a discount because she wasnt in the mood to do so? why wouldnt they give you that discount SH? they make commission off of that sale, obviously the reason the manager denied you was because she had no way on proving that you were in fact eligible for an upgrade.. you should have went to a corporate store..

2. doesnt matter if you are trying to be funny or not, each store has a policy to follow, you cant get pissed at the employees for looking out for their jobs. like i said, this has happened plenty of time in the past and YOU (or anyone else with a brain) sure wouldnt risk a chunk of your paycheck to apply a discount that you arent 100 percent that someone is supposed to receive, and if you would then you are just niave.

3. you know, its real easy for someone who is on the outside looking in to say that it is wrong to do what they've done.. its easy to point the finger until you are in their shoes and your job is on the line.. its not about not believing you, its about not being able to prove it... hell, no one has proved that michael jackson molested them kids but im pretty sure that you wouldnt leave your children with him alone now would you

4. see #2 above

5. you know, everyday i hear JUST as many complaints about this carrier and that carrier, an how this manager said this, and how that customer service rep said that.. face it, every now and then you will run into someone who isnt going to be 100 percent helpful no matter where you choose to have service with. i will be the first to admit that customer service is the main thing holding sprint back from being the number one carrier.. but dont try to sit there with a straight face and act like you never had similar issues just as bad if not worse with someone else. people leave sprint just like the people ive managed to convert over to sprint from wherever else..
    i hate idiots... seriously
    The 2nd incident is more disturbing than the 1st IMO. I have a bad feeling it may have had to do with something other than them not caring.

And Blue, maybe employees shouldn't be promising discount if they can't really honor them!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
    1. so basically you are saying that, the manager who was there just randomly decided to not give you a discount because she wasnt in the mood to do so? why wouldnt they give you that discount SH? they make commission off of that sale, obviously the reason the manager denied you was because she had no way on proving that you were in fact eligible for an upgrade.. you should have went to a corporate store..

2. doesnt matter if you are trying to be funny or not, each store has a policy to follow, you cant get pissed at the employees for looking out for their jobs. like i said, this has happened plenty of time in the past and YOU (or anyone else with a brain) sure wouldnt risk a chunk of your paycheck to apply a discount that you arent 100 percent that someone is supposed to receive, and if you would then you are just niave.

3. you know, its real easy for someone who is on the outside looking in to say that it is wrong to do what they've done.. its easy to point the finger until you are in their shoes and your job is on the line.. its not about not believing you, its about not being able to prove it... hell, no one has proved that michael jackson molested them kids but im pretty sure that you wouldnt leave your children with him alone now would you

4. see #2 above

5. you know, everyday i hear JUST as many complaints about this carrier and that carrier, an how this manager said this, and how that customer service rep said that.. face it, every now and then you will run into someone who isnt going to be 100 percent helpful no matter where you choose to have service with. i will be the first to admit that customer service is the main thing holding sprint back from being the number one carrier.. but dont try to sit there with a straight face and act like you never had similar issues just as bad if not worse with someone else. people leave sprint just like the people ive managed to convert over to sprint from wherever else..
    Nothing more than a baiting troll. Have a great life, I'm through with you.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

its pitiful how you cant see past your own ignorance... have a good one though
    i hate idiots... seriously