Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Well, it's probably not their fault. I went through the Sprint "customer service" hassle and dropped them a little over a year ago. I should have known better.

One woman this morning, told me that it would take 24 to 48 hours to speak to a supervisor!!!

Ordered my new Centro on line Thursday night through the Sprint website - with the $250 deposit for future service, no less.

Received my phone Friday, just after noon.

Somehow, my "temporary" number is the number that I wanted to transfer in the first place - so no use.

I still have no service on Tuesday, 16:30 PM Central time.

I've followed the advice of the CS people, and called each day, received promises that my service will be "expedited."

We programmed my phone just after noon today, still no service.

But, each also reminds me that it can take 72 hours to "port" my number from Cingular. This just happened again
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Still no service, nearly 80 hours after buying the phone.

I called CS again just before making the post above, and was told to make a call at 8 PM. I was in a meeting and couldn't try until 10. No luck.

It's not just 5 or 6 days. Or the couple of calls each day, thinking that someone somewhere is doing something. It's the next two years on the contract - I have to decide whether the Centro is worth it.

Unfortunately, at least one of my friends has probably "upgraded" after I told her about the Centro.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    This morning "Cat" at the Sprint CS phone service told me that the 72 hours is 72 *business* hours.

And now, the old number doesn't work at all - won't take voice messages anymore. I'm a doctor, so this isn't cool.
    Wow... I've never had that kind of problem with Sprint. I guess I'm fortunate.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have a gremlin, I think. I promise I'm polite, quiet, explain.

Just tried one more time - 5 people, back to beginning voice tree, on hold, then some sort of recording that told me that the call had to be disconnected.

I can't make this stuff up!
    You are porting from cingular? If so, I've heard worse horror stories. Sorry to hear about your problem. I am a little unclear what you mean by a 'temporary' number.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm not quite sure what a temporary number is, either. Evidently there is the possibility of a temporary number from Sprint until the old number can be ported - so that we can play with our toys, while waiting for the transfer. Unfortunately, someone punched in the old number, so the "temporary" feature - whatever it is - is not available to me.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm using this forum for documentation.
    Just hung up with technical support then port resolution. Confirmed that the number is in their system - she'll try to get tech support to make the change a priority.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    At two minutes to 5PM, today, the Centro came on. Now, I have to decide whether it's worth the hassle.