Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm going to be upgrading from a Treo 650 and have been doing some research on the 700p, 700wx, and 755p.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which would be the better model to get.

I'd like to keep using the Palm Software and I'd like to enable Sprint TV, so from what I understand, that eliminates the 700wx... does anyone have any opinions/advice?

Thanks.
    The 700p is older and a little bigger than the 755p, has an antenna, and has a history of problems. The one positive in the 700p for a 650 owner is that it uses SD cards, as opposed to the 755p which uses miniSD.

IMO, if you're sticking with PalmOS, it's a choice between the 755p and the Centro. The Centro has a smaller screen, smaller keyboard, and shorter battery life. It depends on what's important to you.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks, I heard that the 755p also had a long list of problems, which includes a shorter battery life than the 700p. Some people have said that after upgrading to the 755p they've gone back to the 700... so it's been difficult in making a decision on which way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by greyserf View Post
    Thanks, I heard that the 755p also had a long list of problems, which includes a shorter battery life than the 700p. Some people have said that after upgrading to the 755p they've gone back to the 700... so it's been difficult in making a decision on which way to go.
    I am waiting for VZW to get the 755P so I can upgrade from my T650 and i just saw this comment. is it true? I thought the only problem with the 755P was the price.
    Well

I had a 650 and have a 700p on Sprint at the same time. The 700p has the antenna, same size 1800 mAh battery, more user available memory: 62.8 megs that the 650 and uses regular SD cards like the 650. With the 700p 1.10 firmware upgrade, you can use SDHC cards. My 700p is working very well. I have no plans on getting rid of it anytime soon.

I upgraded my 650 to the Sprint Centro. It has a smaller form factor, much better, smaller 320 x 320 screen. Uses micro SD cards. Has more user available internal memory at 68.8 megs. It is much faster, and more stable than the previous Palm OS phones. No antenna. Bluetooth and Blazer is better The Centro uses all of the same apps. Plus, pTunes 4.0.4 Deluxe is included in the Centro ROM. PT 4.0.5 update is available for free.

The only negative is, the small 1150 mAh battery. I am sure someone will come out with a bigger Centro battery sometime soon.

If investing in micro cards doesn't bother you, I would go with Centro. Otherwise, Go with the 700p. The 700p is not all that bad. Well, for me it works great.

I have a 700p and Centro activated on Sprint, The obvious big difference between the two, is the form factor.

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I've gone from a 700p to a 755p and I can't be happier. The 755p is quite a bit snappier and has a great form factor.

I ofter stream internet radio using pTunes while browsing the web and receiving push email through Chatter (this was never possible with the 700p).

I would definitely give the 755p a whirl.
    I love my 700p but it sure does seem "buggy." It will just up and reboot itself sometimes for no apparent reason. Once I was talking on the phone to somebody and it just up and rebooted. It did it 4 times before I could finally call the person back, who thought I was hanging up on him.

I did the firmware update they suggested and now it seems even flakier than it was before. It reboots even more often and now there are added weird beeps before any audible sound...ringer, text message notice, you name it - it's aggravating.

I'm also having trouble getting it to accept my latest bluetooth device as a "trusted device" and using a secure connection.

I like a lot of things about my Palm, but may go another route for my next device as this one doesn't seem too dependable, cool when it's working or not.