1.    #1  
    Verizon is now *slightly* less evil than they were before (full disclosure, I think pretty much all wireless carriers are evil): starting on October 7th they will allow you to change your plan without renewing your contract. I've been burned by this policy (albeit on Sprint) so many times that I'm now the spittin' image of Darkman. I can't recall what the plan-change policies are on the other carriers, but if if your carrier still has this anti-customer policy in place, be sure to give them the hint that "you know, your competitor, who is looking *very* desirable right now, doesn't make me re-up." Can't hurt, right?

Verizon Wireless has announced another consumer-friendly change to its policies: It will allow customers to change their wireless service plans without requiring an extension of their contracts.The carrier said the change will be effective Oct. 7
    Read: RCR Wireless News via PocketPC Addict

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ch...n_verizon.html
    Hopefully Sprint will follow!
  3. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Hopefully Sprint will follow!
    No need if your on a SERO plan.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I thought all carriers let you change to a more expensive plan without extending the contract. Is that right? that way they make more money off you. But you can't downgrade to a lower priced plan.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    You can downgrade, but only after having your courrent plan for x amount of time. Cingular used to let you do this all the time.
    Verizon used to let you change it around all the time, i have no clue when they stopped - but I used to do it often!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Verizon is supposedly also reducing the unlimited data to 34.95 a month starting Nov. 1st. It was posted on a Q forum.. Hope this is true.
    I wonder if this is in reaction to AT&T changing their policies. AT&T change their early termination fee policy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I wonder if this is in reaction to AT&T changing their policies. AT&T change their early termination fee policy too.
    That's exactly what I read at everythingq.com
    Its in reaction to the price of data on the iphone.
    update:
    verizon will be introducing new data plans for 34.95 on blackberry devices only!