1.    #1  
    There was an ad in the newspaper today showing four different darkened phones with the heading something like Verizon takes the lead on October 3.

Actually, here they are:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...ger-get-outed/

-
    Last edited by RickMG; 10/01/2007 at 03:28 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    No mention of the Treo 755P or any other Treo. Got to decide whether to go with the snazzy looking new Verizon Voyager or find another carrier.
  3.    #3  
    Just like Verizon...Today they announced that they will be launching the phones, however, quoting the article: "It also didn't give a specific launch date, saying only that they would be in stores before Thanksgiving."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm utterly disappointed with Verizon's phones. I'm torn: I like Verizon's network/voice quality, my new-every-two is due, but I don't see any phone I like. I have a Treo 650 and wanted to stick with a Treo (either 755p or Centro), but I don't see any hint that Verizon is going to get anything. Should I bail and go to ATT? Aaaaaa!
    Hey smitpat, I have the same problem - new every 2 is due, I currently have the treo 650 and I have no idea which phone to move to. Let me know what you decide! The Voyager is an option (I suppose) but what about hot syncing all my current memos, calendar, etc. Wonder if it can even be done!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm thinking I'll probably go with the 755p, as it looks like it's coming out within the next month. I'll look at the Voyager, too, just in case. So, the 755p will be my interim phone until the ultimate, brand new, shiny, perfect, make-coffee-for-you phone appears! (I'll let you know what I end up doing.)
    Treo 650 --> Blackberry Pearl 8130
    I went with the Q9m and couldn't be happier!
    Lightweight and the best keyboard of any device IMHO.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I'm a small business customer- they send me magazines once a quarter. Just got the nov-jan mag and the smartphone pages had the i760 which just came out and another WM phone "coming soon". The magazine also had 2-3 other LG phones "coming soon" (looked like one was an iphone knockoff).

anyway the point was there was NOT A SINGLE POS phone in the whole thing. Never mind the 755p "coming soon" they ditched the 700p from the thing. They have a windows mobil 2003 phone in the thing for crying out loud but dont even show the 700p. Looks to me like verizon is done with palm OS for a while...