Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Snowbound.... I just want to confirm.....when you switch online does it does NOT reset your upgrade discount countdown again? I ask this because when my Fusic broke I asked CS if they could switch to my old cell phone I had sitting my drawer while I was waiting for my replacement. They said sure but it would count as if I bought a new phone and reset my time to get the $150 upgrade again. I explained this is not a new phone, it was an old one that I used to have on my account. He said whenever an ESN is switched on an account with the exception of a replacement phone by the store of by insurance it resets automatically no matter what.

this was going through CS, have you confirmed this does not apply to switching phones online?
    Hi Hobbes,

Indeed, I just logged into sprint.com, clicked the link to upgrade my phone, selected my phone number (seems silly, I only have one), and then navigated to select a Touch... and it shows an upgrade price of $499.99, an instant savings of $150 (which I'm sure is the 2-year upgrade discount), and an available mail-in rebate of $100 for a final price of $249.99. I even put it in the cart, and all that info is there.

I haven't actually done the upgrade yet (kinda waiting impatiently for the 800), so maybe something after that point fails. There's also a weird error in the middle of the process... after I select my phone number to upgrade, it brings me straight to the cart with a note that a system error occurred, but my phone number is listed in the cart, and there's a link there to select a phone to associate with that number... so that's what I clicked on to continue. I don't think that the system error is a big deal, though, because their website has had much bigger bugs in the past (at one point I was completely unable to log in!).

In your case, is the replacement for your Fusic an insurance replacement? I wonder if that would screw things up.

I don't know... but I figure that the only reasons why it would reset your upgrade discount timing are between the seat and keyboard. Activating an old phone is not an upgrade. Maybe this is how things worked before Ensemble billing, regardless of whether it was the right thing to do or not. You are on ensemble billing now, right? I've heard you can't do the online activation without that.

Have you checked with eCare via a chat? They've been reasonable and informative for me.
    Who's flying this thing?
  2. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    There seems to be a claim that Sprint now has added a Sprint Pick 5 program for $10 per month as per this thread : http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=163978

Employee discount & SERO plans not eligible per the link.
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 04/22/2008 at 10:30 AM.
    Would Pick 3 work if the incoming call is from a landline that has their phone number blocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    Hi Hobbes,

Indeed, I just logged into sprint.com, clicked the link to upgrade my phone, selected my phone number (seems silly, I only have one), and then navigated to select a Touch... and it shows an upgrade price of $499.99, an instant savings of $150 (which I'm sure is the 2-year upgrade discount), and an available mail-in rebate of $100 for a final price of $249.99.
    Thanks for the taking the time to check. That sounds encouraging. If this is the case I could actually close one of my cell phone accounts. I use my 6800 for work and I have the Fusic as my weekend phone when I go have fun and don't want to worry about losing my phone or breaking it.

There's also a weird error in the middle of the process... after I select my phone number to upgrade, it brings me straight to the cart with a note that a system error occurred, but my phone number is listed in the cart, and there's a link there to select a phone to associate with that number... so that's what I clicked on to continue. I don't think that the system error is a big deal, though, because their website has had much bigger bugs in the past (at one point I was completely unable to log in!).
    I every account has an assigned credit margin. I have had friends who tried to order phones online where the total was past their credit margin for the account and it errored out before they could even offer an independent form of payment. This was before Ensemble, so I don't know now.

In your case, is the replacement for your Fusic an insurance replacement? I wonder if that would screw things up.

I don't know... but I figure that the only reasons why it would reset your upgrade discount timing are between the seat and keyboard. Activating an old phone is not an upgrade. Maybe this is how things worked before Ensemble billing, regardless of whether it was the right thing to do or not. You are on ensemble billing now, right? I've heard you can't do the online activation without that.

Have you checked with eCare via a chat? They've been reasonable and informative for me.
    Yes it was with insurance. At the time I was not Ensemble. I believe I am now, but I have to double check. And I agree it was not logical but their system at the time could not be stopped from resetting the time. The reason was because it did not recognize if the new phone was an upgrade or downgrade. It did not recognize any history of previous phones on my account......just that it appears I got a new phone because I was switching phones on my account.

Apparently this is not an issue with Ensemble when swithing online.....which is GREAT news and very encouraging.
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Would Pick 3 work if the incoming call is from a landline that has their phone number blocked?
    I doubt it because there is no number to be recognized by Sprint to justify you talking for free.
    I use to have the first minute free for all incoming calls. I could not believe how many calls are under a minute! It really added up. I was able to keep that grandfathered for years after the promotion was over. Then Sprint missed up my account I could not get it back.

But I am excited to get the 3 most called numbers for free. I might even be able to lower my plan then too. If I pay $10 for 5, I might be able to lower it even more.
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I use to have the first minute free for all incoming calls. I could not believe how many calls are under a minute! It really added up. I was able to keep that grandfathered for years after the promotion was over. Then Sprint missed up my account I could not get it back.

But I am excited to get the 3 most called numbers for free. I might even be able to lower my plan then too. If I pay $10 for 5, I might be able to lower it even more.
    I have 1st incoming min for free. They gave it to me because I had wanted to add Pick3 to my account but my account was converted to Ensemble as yet so they offered that instead which I GLADLY accepted.
    Yes it was with insurance. At the time I was not Ensemble. I believe I am now, but I have to double check. And I agree it was not logical but their system at the time could not be stopped from resetting the time. The reason was because it did not recognize if the new phone was an upgrade or downgrade. It did not recognize any history of previous phones on my account......just that it appears I got a new phone because I was switching phones on my account.

Apparently this is not an issue with Ensemble when swithing online.....which is GREAT news and very encouraging.
    Indeed. Apparently the online one doesn't care that it is a new phone to the account or not, 'cause the Treo 600 I activated was never on a Sprint account prior to that.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I called sprint yesterday and they told me that they do not offer either the pick 3 or the pick 5 anymore. I talked to the people at retentions. Does anybody know if you can still get it?
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    I called sprint yesterday and they told me that they do not offer either the pick 3 or the pick 5 anymore. I talked to the people at retentions. Does anybody know if you can still get it?
    Yes, its still available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Yes, its still available.
    Can you please reconfirm this?

I was on the phone with my favorite retention rep this morning (getting credit back as my bill went up due to switch to Ensemble) and she told me that the pick 3 and pick 5 are no longer being offered (like the $95 unlimited Family plan), per Sprint's Fraud and Policy department.

She stated the only one she can give out now is the Sprint to Home option, where you can assign one number for the unlimted calls.

She also said a new family plan type of the unlimited is coming out next month, and that they may have a modification of that plan available for Sprint's best customers....
    I thought this program was Moot. But yesterday I was on phone with them asking for the Mobile-to-Landline option (unlimited to one landline for $5/month). The CSR didn't know what it was so I was transferred to Account Services. They didn't know about THAT option, but offered me Pick any 3 for $5/month. Because even the service is "expired", its still in their computer so ACCOUNT SERVICES can set it up. (and before you ask, there is NO pick 5 option.)

And Boom! Just got it set up. So, get to Account Services if you want it. This way you can have your landline AND your Google voice number, rite?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I just tried to get it right now, and the rep said it has expired. Will try again with a differant rep and see what happens.

UPDATE:
    Ok, called back they told me again it had expired, I told him my friend just got it today, and he said let me transfer you to 'Account Services', The account services guy told me the same thing at first and I told him that my friend just got it, he put me on hold and came back and said it was the 'Pick any 3 for FREE' that expired put he could set me up with 'Pick any 3 for $5' and it is $5 per phone on the account not per account...oh well. I had him activate it on 2 of the 4 phones on my account. He asked me what landlines I wanted set to each phone, I only had 2 right now and he said I could call back later to add them.

Good Deal, Google Voice here I come..!

Side note: I ordered 4 phones through PreCentral's phone purchasing service and got them today as expected only problem is I ordered 2 Palm PRE's and got 2 Pixi's instead. Called Wirefly (PreCentral's purchasing service) and was imediatley informed that this has happened to many of there order's as of recent, he did not know what to do and told me to call back in 24 hours for an update on any kind of resolution. He said he could ship the correct phone right now but that he would have to charge me for it...huh. I opted to wait till tomarrow.
    Last edited by Johnathank; 02/24/2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: UPDATE:
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I thought this program was Moot. But yesterday I was on phone with them asking for the Mobile-to-Landline option (unlimited to one landline for $5/month). The CSR didn't know what it was so I was transferred to Account Services. They didn't know about THAT option, but offered me Pick any 3 for $5/month. Because even the service is "expired", its still in their computer so ACCOUNT SERVICES can set it up. (and before you ask, there is NO pick 5 option.)

And Boom! Just got it set up. So, get to Account Services if you want it. This way you can have your landline AND your Google voice number, rite?
    If you escalate to the retentions department they are able to get you the addtional two numbers depending on who you talk to.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123