Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    don't know what a ensemble billing is but i just got a new sprint contract dec. of 07 would that be ensemble? i got a family plan with four lines. i will definately give it a shot if it is possible to get it for free.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ok, i just recieved an email back from sprint and they said you have to be under the ensemble billing which i still have no idea what that is. i just started a family plan with four lines and my bill is $129 b4 taxes. they said only esemble billing customers qualify for pick 3 and everyone will be changed over eventually, and they would be notifying you when it happens. they did offer me a "sprint to home" offer which allows you to add one landline number to all phones on your account which you can call without taking any minutes away from you. that is free and they assured me my bill will not change, so we will see.
    In my experience Sprint CS is much better if you email them. I've almost always received a relevant, accurate response when I use Sprint eCare. In fact, when I asked about Pick 3, they said they will notify me once my account is switched over (Feb 20-ish or so), and I will then be able to add it.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I emailed eCare about the Pick 3 and they said my line hadnt been transferred to ensemble billing yet, but when it does I can add the Pick 3 fine. I have a SERO plan with a business discount. They did add the Sprint to Home for free to my account from my home number anyway, which I didnt ask for. Doesnt help much since I live alone though, so I am hoping I can change the Sprint to Home number to another phone number.

ETA: Asked if they can change my sprint to home number and they allowed me to change it to the mister's number which is a Verizon cellular. They assured me that all calls to and from this number would be free of charge since its set to my Sprint to Home number. I'm happy. =)
    Last edited by techprincesse; 02/14/2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: update

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Ensemble is the new sprint billing system. They are finally combining the billing from Nextel and Sprint into one. If you are dying to get onto pick 3 you will have to get them to migrate your account over. They will not do this for "no good reason." I got mine done so that I could do a transfer of liability to an account that was already in ensemble. If you started your account in the last eight months you are in ensemble already. Now once they migrate you over they will have set up a completely new account so you now have 30 days to cancel. This means you can call retention to fix all the problems that they have caused and get some goodies on the side like a 10% loyalty discount. When you call retention make sure to tell them you were transfered there because you were thinking about leaving sprint. Here are the numbers

Migration -- 866-412-8513
    Retention -- 877-766-7697

have fun
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    I called this phone number twice ((877) 775-4886) and was able to get pick 3 for all 3 of my SERO lines twice. The first to get Pick 3 on one line and the 2nd phone calls to get the feature added to the other 2 lines.
    I called the number that you listed above and I am on a SERO plan of 1250 minutes......they did allow me to add the Sprint Pick 3 but they are charging $5 extra per month for it - somewhere I read that if you have a plan where you spend over $40 per month then you get Sprint Pick 3 for free. However they would not give it to me for free - even though my bill totals $66 per month. Anyone paying over $40 on SERO get Sprint Pick 3 for free?
    I think they look at the base plan price. I think $5 is a bargain for this add-on. Pick 3 + SERO = unlimited calling for a low price if you have 2 or 3 numbers that make up a majority of your minutes.
    One great feature of the new billing system is that you can switch phones online, as often as you want! I used this feature to switch my Treo 700wx with a Touch I brought from ebay. It worked great.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Well, I finally got Sprint Pick 3 added to my SERO/Corporate discount plan. They converted my account into Ensemble earlier this month. They put me on hold to verify that it could be added to my plan & sure enough, the answer was YES ! Thanks for everyone's help & advise !
    [QUOTE=Ya Boi D;1424633]Well, I finally got Sprint Pick 3 added to my SERO/Corporate discount plan.QUOTE]

i did not think you can have a sero plan and a corporate plan together...
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I guess Im one of the lucky ones
    i was also told that the system will not let them add Pick 3 the SERO plans..
    That's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    i was also told that the system will not let them add Pick 3 the SERO plans..
    i am getting the run around
    i am calling sprint now
    I may be getting the coverage I need now but at a cost. Sprints getting some tasty deals on top of their already best savings. Makes me wanna come back.
    at&t iPhone3G
    i was now told that i can add it to my acct..
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    One great feature of the new billing system is that you can switch phones online, as often as you want! I used this feature to switch my Treo 700wx with a Touch I brought from ebay. It worked great.
    Were you charged an activation fee? If you can swap without paying the fee, it might be time for me to try out some other phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Were you charged an activation fee? If you can swap without paying the fee, it might be time for me to try out some other phones.
    I've had no fee so far from my experimentation with it. I should explain what I did:

I have a Treo 650, and I wanted to see if the problem with dropped calls was Sprint or the phone. I also have a Sprint Treo 600 that I had bought (for full price... don't know if that matters) to use on Verizon's network, and I never activated it on Sprint's network. So, I logged into my account and switched to the T600. No problem. I've also switched back since.

I just got the bill for the period during which I did all these changes, and there were no charges on it for activations.

More info, just in case it helps to narrow down any potential issues... My plan just hit two years, I still have my two-year discounts available, and I don't have any discount program, including SERO (I just don't have it in me to 'beat' the system... I asked about the program, and they described how people are supposed to be eligible, and that's OK by me... still costs less then VZ).
    Who's flying this thing?
    Snowbound.... I just want to confirm.....when you switch online does it does NOT reset your upgrade discount countdown again? I ask this because when my Fusic broke I asked CS if they could switch to my old cell phone I had sitting my drawer while I was waiting for my replacement. They said sure but it would count as if I bought a new phone and reset my time to get the $150 upgrade again. I explained this is not a new phone, it was an old one that I used to have on my account. He said whenever an ESN is switched on an account with the exception of a replacement phone by the store of by insurance it resets automatically no matter what.

this was going through CS, have you confirmed this does not apply to switching phones online?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast