Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Hi,

I'm forced to use a blackberry for my new job, they wont allow any other method of mobile email. And the sprint blackberries suck. So how can I get out of the 200 termination fee? I think its absurd seeing how its only a $30/month plan.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I want to keep my number too, like port it over to tmobile.

My mom needs a new plan, so can she take over my plan and I port my number to sprint?
    Okay, Sprint wants $200 for giving you the best plan available on any network. It doesn't sound like anything they did that is causing you to have to change service, and the ETF is well known. Would you feel better paying the $200 if your monthly bill was $49 a month plus $15 for vision? Take your lumps here as although it's unfortunate, you were happy to take the deal when you made it.

As for your second post, you should be able to talk to someone at Sprint and tell them that you need to switch the phone number to your work account with on another carrier but you like Sprint so much that want to keep your personal account with them, but with a new phone number.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    If your employer is making you use a Blackberry and want you to give up your personal device to do it, then they should pay your termination fee. Otherwise, just keep your personal device and use your work device for work.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Take your lumps here as although it's unfortunate, you were happy to take the deal when you made it.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. And either way, it's not Sprint's fault that your new job is making you get a Blackberry.

The contract period is largely because it costs the carriers roughly $450 to add a user to their network. It has nothing to do with how large or small your plan is, neither in logic or in practice.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Actually it does have to do with the cost of the plan. In Europe phone costs/termination fees largly depend on your monthly tarriff. The contract period is mostly there because they subsidize the cost of the phone and they want to keep you a customer for years.

Maybe you dont agree with me trying to get out of my plan to save 200 dollars. But only of your post have been helpful.

I don't know why most of you bothered to post at all, except to try to pick on someone trying to save a few bucks.

I am still happy with my deal, I will keep it if I would have to pay the termination fees, since the remainder of the contract is not much more that the termination fee.

I just find it silly, that I could be a customer for the next 8 months and pay 240, but if i leave now it costs 200. Which one will cost sprint more in the long run?
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I am curious about this also and your responses have so far not been very helpful!!!

I called a Sprint rep and supposedly this is possible. he told me that I had to go into the Sprint store with the party that is taking over my account. I will try to do it sometime this week and report back. I'm going for the iPhone after years of being with the TREO. You'd be surprised just how many 3rd party software there is for the iphone now....and the internet experience, awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdelt View Post
    Maybe you dont agree with me trying to get out of my plan to save 200 dollars. But only of your post have been helpful.

I don't know why most of you bothered to post at all, except to try to pick on someone trying to save a few bucks.
    Two reasons I posted. First was to comment on you wanting to get out of your SERO contract without paying the ETF. The second was to help you get your plan switched to your mothers name.

What you wrote just translated to me as the old saying: you want your cake and eat it too. In otherwords, even though Sprint publishes the ETF everywhere, you still decided to go with Sprint. Not only that, you were lucky enough to get the absolute best individual plan you can get anywhere for a web enhanced phone. And through no fault of theirs, you want a free ticket out of a contract you committed too. I think you need to look in the mirror here and start taking responsibility for your actions before you start pointing fingers here.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Hi,

I'm forced to use a blackberry for my new job, they wont allow any other method of mobile email. And the sprint blackberries suck.
    In what ways do the Sprint Blackberries suck? Your using an EVDO network as opposed to EDGE on GSM.
    What is wrong with the Sprint Blackberries? Isn't the 8830 the latest and greatest?
    Actually it does have to do with the cost of the plan. In Europe phone costs/termination fees largly depend on your monthly tarriff.
    This is not Europe. It doesn't work that way here.

The contract period is mostly there because they subsidize the cost of the phone and they want to keep you a customer for years.
    Again, it costs providers roughly $450 to add a new customer. That is also somewhere around how much it generally costs them to subsidize your new phone as well. The contract exists for both reasons stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    In what ways do the Sprint Blackberries suck? Your using an EVDO network as opposed to EDGE on GSM.
    I'm using a Sprint Blackberry 8830. I would also like to know how it sucks too?