Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Well said. I've had Vonage for about three years and no one can tell the difference. I had some issues with a bad adapter when I first got it but once that was sorted out, it's been perfect. The only time it's an issue is if I'm uploading files and max out my upstream. But that's to be expected anyway. I'm obviously sold on VoIP and it's the future of telecoms in general. Once WiMax is fully deployed, all Sprint voice communications will be VoIP no matter what.
    That's not expected nor do we accept that in our household. A simple router with QOS goes a long way. I'm still using my WRT54g with some older 3rd party firmware with QOS enabled.

With it properly configured with the VoIP adapters I've had zero issues hold 3 separate VoIP calls with just about every computer uploading and download data on the network. The VoIP calls never miss a beat. The only way to go, you never have to think about whats uploading/downloading before you answer the phone. Which brings me to my next question...

When I get one of these I will put it in my #1 QOS priority and never have a quality issue with this box not getting enough bandwidth, but what about the other folks?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by tangozebra View Post
    All I did was say that I was getting the unit because I had poor reception in my home and did not want to add the unlimited option at this time. One borchure I saw said that the $49.99 activation fee was waived if you signed up for the unlimited. I would have paid the activation fee if needed to avoid the extra monthly charges as I already have enough minutes.
    Can you confirm when you get your bill that you are not charged $15/mo? I was told today by the rep who set me up with Airave that there is no way to provision it without the monthly plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    That's not expected nor do we accept that in our household. A simple router with QOS goes a long way. I'm still using my WRT54g with some older 3rd party firmware with QOS enabled.

With it properly configured with the VoIP adapters I've had zero issues hold 3 separate VoIP calls with just about every computer uploading and download data on the network. The VoIP calls never miss a beat. The only way to go, you never have to think about whats uploading/downloading before you answer the phone. Which brings me to my next question...

When I get one of these I will put it in my #1 QOS priority and never have a quality issue with this box not getting enough bandwidth, but what about the other folks?
    Same here. I have an old net appliance loaded with monowall and the QOS settings allow calls to have the highest priority. I have no issues with 2 calls and a fax going through while running large up/downloads. Before using the monowall router, my calls would have major issues when doing large up/downloads.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    The device is $50. The $15 monthly charge is only if you decide to get the unlimited calling plan with it.
    Even though I didn't sign up for the unlimited plan with the Airave, I checked my plan on the Sprint sight today and it showed the $15/month charge. I called and had them remove it. I wonder if it will reappear next month...
    I just got one of these today to try in the Indianapolis area.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    i got one thinking i could use it outside of the denver and indy area. WRONG they use GPS to track position of the device. i didnt think about this before purchasing it from sprint. i live outside of the test area so i dont think it is going to work i wish it would cause sprint is horrible at my home address. i have reported many times to sprint opening trouble tickets they said i live in a black hole..
    300-600-650-700p-755p
    i got mine activated but can't get the system light from being red any ideas?
  9.    #29  
    I may be selling my Airave. Anyone interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    i got mine activated but can't get the system light from being red any ideas?
    I had the same problem... 3 days later I finally got it to work when they discovered that I lived in a zip code that shouldn't be eligible for it however they still set me up. A week later I had to power off the unit for some odd reason and it's never came back online... still has red system light.

I plan to return the unit this week.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12