Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hey all,

Alright... I switched to a Sero plan last week, and today was the first day that I was able to use my phone number... and I'm really sick of having to call Sprint to get what should have been automatic fixed - my data no longer works (here's the story thus far):

8/31, Rep 1 - Called me to tell me that the phone would be activated on that Saturday and my number port would be done by 3 pm that day (which never happened and still hasn't - I didn't even have the phone yet...)
    9/4, Rep 2 - Had no clue what was going on. Told me to hang up and the problem would resolve itself in 2 minutes. I waited for half an hour and nothing happened.
    9/4, Rep 3 - Didn't help, transferred me.
    9/4, Rep 4 - Actually helped, connected me with the porting department and stayed on the line to make sure things went smoothly. Gave me a temporary number to use while the process was occurring.
    9/4, Rep 5 - Porting department, told me that they escalated the issue and that they were manually doing it.
    9/5 - Text message telling me my number was ready. Canceled my T-Mobile account (automatically).
    9/5, Rep 6 - Couldn't help, transferred me.
    9/5, Rep 7 - Told me instructions which were completely wrong and gave me a NEW temporary number. I soon realized what he did and called Sprint again.
    9/5, Rep 8 - Said they couldn't help. Transferred me.
    9/5 Rep 9 - Looked at the issue, transferred me to the right department.
    9/5 Rep 10 - Actually helped, escalated the issue once again, talked to the porting department himself and gave me information on whats actually happening. Also changed my account to a less expensive plan (I figured I wouldn't need what I originally ordered). Told me to call back the next day because it should be fixed by then.
    9/6 Rep 11 - Had no clue what was going on. After finally explaining to her multiple times figures it out. Calls the porting department. Tells me that I have to wait 3 more days before anything will happen. I also ask her about a coupon code I had, after walking her through the web ordering process for 25 minutes she still didn't get it. She attempts to transfer me to the TECHNICAL SUPPORT department - I give up.
    9/7, Rep 12 - Tried to help. Added the insurance that was canceled when my plan changed. Transferred me to the porting department.
    9/7, Rep 13 - No idea what she was doing. She took my account info, said like 3 words than transferred me.
    9/7, Rep 14 - No idea once again. Transferred me.
    9/7, Rep 15 - Looked at the account, saw that they screwed it up on 9/4 and couldn't do anything to fix it himself. Transferred me.
    9/7, Rep 16 - Porting department... I think (I've been transferred so many times I lost count). Attempted to fix... still couldn't do it after an hour. Said that he would continue to work on it and would call me back when he fixed it. Promised to fix the problem.
    9/7, Rep 17 - Activated the phone!
    9/7 - Phone number actually works... but then the data stops working (Error 67)
    9/8, Rep 18 - Tries to help me reprovision the phone, unable to do so since I'm on a Treo. Gives me the Treo support number.

And so - I can call people and receive calls on the number I'm supposed to have, but now I can't do any sort of data things without receiving an error (67).

Is there any outlet for me to complain to Sprint? This is seriously outrageous and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm on a Sero plan I would drop Sprint in a heartbeat. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice?
    Palm m505 - Palm m515 - Palm Tungsten T - Tapwave Zodiac - PalmOne LifeDrive - Palm Treo 755p
    Were most of these reps challenged in the English speaking language? If so, there was your first problem. I am to the point where I will hang up on CS if any rep sounds challenged until I get one that doesn't...at least it makes me feel like I might get better service even though it probably doesnt make a difference all the time...they are all stupid. I get the best results utilizing Sprint's Corporate line when I call with issues. I have about five different Sprint numbers from different departments other than regular *2 that I utilize to help me with better Service.

Sprint Corp 888.788.4727
    Sprint Dispute 866.803.3926
    Sprint Pymt 877.896.1801
    Sprint Ret. 866.881.9571
    at&t iPhone3G
    If you live near a big Sprint store, go there and let them call for you. They know how to get results from their own.
    Good point. Make sure its a Sprint dealer not some kiosk.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Sadly, none of them have been challenged in English. I learned early on to stop calling *2 and using 877 775 4881, which has worked great - but obviously not always solved the problem.

I'll try a Sprint store tomorrow to see if I can get the data to work - thanks.
    Palm m505 - Palm m515 - Palm Tungsten T - Tapwave Zodiac - PalmOne LifeDrive - Palm Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by JediLow View Post
    Sadly, none of them have been challenged in English. I learned early on to stop calling *2 and using 877 775 4881, which has worked great - but obviously not always solved the problem.

I'll try a Sprint store tomorrow to see if I can get the data to work - thanks.
    Thanks, I will add that number to my listing.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    WOHOO! I'm finally up and running. Add a visit to the Sprint store (where I found out they couldn't do anything and I had to go to a service center) and a call to Sprint via 877 775 4881 and one transfer to the technical service department... where they fixed my account!

21 reps... and lots of time, but I finally have a fully functional phone.

For everyone - the 877 775 4881 number is a direct line to I think the business service, so if you have a Sero plan ALWAYS call that one instead (*2 is pointless). I've only had to wait once for it, and apparently its been because they've had glitches in their system recently (when I call they've been asking how long I've waited the last couple of days because of that).
    Congratulations and thanks for the phone number.
    Now let's hope they don't dump you for calling too much!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!