1.    #1  
    I currently have the unlimited plan for data thru VZ. It seems like they are quite costly compared to AT&T and others. I am not interested in switching carriers, but are there other options available. I can have my emails forwarded to my vtext email, any other suggestions?
    Data is comparable to the costs on ATT. Sprint is another story, but I personally wouldn't go near sprint. There is the 25.00 data plan, but you would eat that up in a heartbeat. I have unlimited in messaging and limited out of network messaging. What I do is have my email foward to @vtext.com and I receive only part of the message, but enough to get the gist of it. My cheap way of saving 600.00 a year.
    Sprint's coverage is getting better but its not quite there yet.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Agreed.
  5.    #5  
    How much is unlimited messaging? I think I currently have unlimited IN msgs. I am thinking of getting a Moto Q also - any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    What I do is have my email foward to @vtext.com and I receive only part of the message, but enough to get the gist of it.
    How do you get this on your phone without having to pay for it? Is it considered a (in) text message?
    Quote Originally Posted by PruSucks View Post
    How do you get this on your phone without having to pay for it? Is it considered a (in) text message?
    No i don't believe it is. I do have a plan that allows 50 out of network messages a month. I tried it. If I was on vacation, it may not be a bad way to stay connected.
  8.    #8  
    Moto Q a good choice with VZ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rkahn144 View Post
    Moto Q a good choice with VZ?

IMHO no it is a horrible choice. A lot of people love it, but a coworker went from a treo 650 to the 700w, to the Q and after four replacements, they gave him a 700wx.
    Others have complained about the battery. The sales rep at the local store uses a razr and Q, with the Q only for email, and it lasts only 6 hrs on a full charge. Apparently you have to close the programs your done with to free up memory and save battery life.

Maybe the new Q9m or whatever will have better battery life. The processor is the same, but the screen is apparently better, and it has the lite version of wm6
  10.    #10  
    Cadman -
    I will not be using the Q for email. Do you think downloading the msgs and processing them contributes greatly to the poor battery life?
    Absolutely. I also think it contributes to people here having the same issue with treo's. If you set your email to check every few minutes, off course it will drain the battery. I think as a PIM the Q will be fine. Its a bit wide for my taste, but it is lighter than the treo.
  12.    #12  
    Cadman -
    I appreciate all the input. If I go with a Q, I will probably get the new music Q just because it is only $20 extra I believe and it's upgraded, more features, etc etc.

In terms of RIM's, the BB 8703e seems very well-rated, good battery life, etc. What are your thoughts on this phone?
    Very nice phone, but it doesn't have a camera so mms is out of the question. The BB are nice and light, but I prefer the palm os interface to the bb interface. I prefer touch screens though as well. The 8703e I like because it has the scroll wheel as opposed to the new trackball, which is on the new BB which is really nice though.