1.    #1  
    Question:

I still have a t600 and i have gotten it replaced numerous times. I use Sprint

I am about to get it replaced again...live in NY, but going to do it in NC on my vacation. (dont have a computer i NY, but i can back it up in NC on my dads computer)

The thing is that i belive the current phone i have was a refurbished model. If they give me another 600, id want it to be new...not used.

Do I have that right to make that request? Or does Sprint say "take the refurb, or take nothing"

Because ideally AT THE VERY LEAST, id like to be upgraded to a 650.

But if they have no New-In-Box 600's...only refurbished ones...and I make the request/demand to have an unused one, will they honor that and upgrade me?

My phone is barely functional and I dont want to use one thats just been wiped clean.

Again-I need a new phone, and if i get another 600, i do not want a used model. if they only have used ones, am i forced to go with that, or can i say "upgrade me".

obviously i dont want to be billed a few hundred $ for a newer model...my dad broke his 600 and he got a 650, but when i tried to get mine replaced i got a 600.
    If you are using the insurance with Sprint they can officially give you any phone that they determine is comparable. I know for example they at one time had the Treo 600 listed an acceptable replacement for the PPC-6600 which was two generations younger, had double the RAM, totally different OS, and a larger screen. That doesn't mean you cannot fight for what is right and for what you would like. If you get the right person, they certainly can upgrade your to a 650 if they really wanted to, but they do not have to. They also certainly have the right, by their rules, to give a refurb phone. But again, I would recommend to express your history of having to have this phone model exchanged and request a later model. You might get lucky.
    It specifically states that they can exchange your phone, insurance or warranty, with a refurbished model. I would pretty much bet that if you are exchanging it at a store that you will get a 700p (probably refurbished) or 755p (probably new). If they give you a 600 and won't budge, just take it, without extending your contract, and then sell it on ebay. You should get at least $100 for a like new (and it would be) 600 on ebay. Then for $99 bucks more, extend your contract and buy a 755.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    We have the Sprint insurance. Spouse has a 650. The zero key stopped working, so I took it to a Sprint store this weekend that had actual service techs on site. They took the phone and told me to come back in an hour. When I did, they gave me a 755p to replace the 650 as there were no 650s on hand. I didn't have to ask for anything - just got it.

No deductible, no nothing.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    Quote Originally Posted by Verngator View Post
    We have the Sprint insurance. Spouse has a 650. The zero key stopped working, so I took it to a Sprint store this weekend that had actual service techs on site. They took the phone and told me to come back in an hour. When I did, they gave me a 755p to replace the 650 as there were no 650s on hand. I didn't have to ask for anything - just got it.

No deductible, no nothing.
    AND YOU DIDN'T COMPLAIN?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Nope, didn't complain before and didn't complain after getting the 755p...

The only complaining I had to do was to Retentions. I was getting a good deal on my data ($10 for unlimited data for a 700p and the 650) and I didn't want to mess that up with the new phone. In moving from the 650 to the 755p we had to upgrade Spouse's line from plain old data to EVDO, and the EVDO had an upcharge. They mistakenly took away the service credit from that line. I had to call two different retention folks to get the credit back. Now I'm paying $15 for 2 lines of unlimited EVDO.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond