1.    #1  
    4G to take Sprint to next level. Verizon did not want to take the risk so as says? WiMax may be a popular bet for some reasons, but it does involve one big hurdle: Anyone building a wireless network, whether for cellphones or for WiMax, needs to acquire licensed airwaves, an expensive and scarce resource sold at auction by the federal government. Currently, Sprint Nextel owns the most spectrum for use by WiMax. Clearwire is second. Sprint Nextel is matching Clearwire's commitment by vowing to spend $3 billion to provide WiMax access for more than 100 million people by 2008 and we wonder why Sprint drags behind Verizon with device launches and their exclusitivity. Sprint in the past 3 years has spent billions on aquiring Nextel and now more billions on WiMAX while Verizon spends on handsets and exclusive rights. I don't know how Sprint can give their customers so much savings with all that is on the table for them? I hate CS but commend them on not bleeding us with high data cost and less bite in voice plans to accomodate the money they have been spending.
    XOHM
    at&t iPhone3G
    I happen to live in one of the areas where it will get rolled out first. I'm looking forward to see some pricing on packages. I'm hoping for sub $60 monthly.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    The current wireless broadband plan costs $59.99 a month for unlimited data. I doubt they will offer wimax lower than that.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Phonenews.com has a very detailed write up on the system and how it may work.

The interesting part regards free access to lower-speeds on the Wimax network, with the full system, obviously, for subscribers.

Interesting to think of it like this: Wimax at home, phone and laptop, all under the same account. Truly mobile.

Sprint and Google have quietly been undertaking an effort to offer free WiMAX for everyone in America. Similar to free Wi-Fi cloud plans, this would be a low-tier internet speed, along the lines of 384k DSL speeds. This is thanks to the large fiber optic backbone that is being built today. This access will be regulated, such that users have a limited range of devices that it can be used with. For example, a citizen would have access to a laptop, but not be able to have multiple devices pulling 384k simultaneously.

Thanks to QoS controls on WiMAX however, sharing bandwidth between multiple devices on an account is possible. This enables someone to pay for faster and faster bandwidth speeds on the WiMAX network, just like DSL and Cable bandwidth tiers today.
    --> "Full Details: Sprint WiMAX Launch Plans"

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Phonenews.com has a very detailed write up on the system and how it may work.

The interesting part regards free access to lower-speeds on the Wimax network, with the full system, obviously, for subscribers.

Interesting to think of it like this: Wimax at home, phone and laptop, all under the same account. Truly mobile.

--> "Full Details: Sprint WiMAX Launch Plans"
    Thanks Malatesta...good info. After all is said and done, I would like to see Sprint aquire Clearwire. Sprint being succesfull at making life Truly mobile will put them on the map.
    at&t iPhone3G