Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    On the 650, it was *2. but on the 755p, it goes into prompts and other things. I did it before.

SOrry for the dupe post.

Thanks!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    *2 is, and has been the customer serivce number for Sprint. Sometimes, after dialing *2 their system will automatically check to see if you need a PRL update. If it doesn't (you'll get a message on your phone during the update if it does), and you still think you need it, ask a CSR to flag your phone for a PRL update.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    humble bump
    1.04-SPNT
    On Sprint, I dial *18 to connect to the nearest tower. You'll hear a series of beeps and then it will hang up. I've found that this sometimes increases the number of bars (if you are not getting a strong signal where you are).
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    On Sprint, I dial *18 to connect to the nearest tower. You'll hear a series of beeps and then it will hang up. I've found that this sometimes increases the number of bars (if you are not getting a strong signal where you are).
    Pushed me to roam twice?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    it did beep and hang up. will let update later.

can anyone else confirm this?
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    *228 option 2 on VZW
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    called sprint to upload software. called back and *2. it updated. but dead zones still the same.... o well
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    fyi, prl update # is now 60610.... (called sprint to push)

but same reception etc.... is there a tower update option?
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    bump
    1.04-SPNT
    It was the *18 as per above but apparently that is an old trick that is not effective any longer.