1.    #1  
    A friend asked me, and i have no clue since i'm on VZW.

I have to figure out how to convince her SERO is just as cheap WITH Data.

So, meanwhile, do you have to have a Data plan with a new Treo from Sprint? Can you turn it "on and off" without messing with your contract? Like i want Data this month.... but not next...

She had another one - i'll have to go find it.

Thanks -
    Tracey
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    With SERO, data is included so there would be no reason to turn it on or off, and if she's lucky enough to get a SERO plan I wouldn't upset the apple cart by calling for that reason.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    BUT, what if she won't go for the SERO?

Just a normal plan (if she didn't live in VA this would be easier to convince her of doing), does she have to have it then???
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post

Just a normal plan (if she didn't live in VA this would be easier to convince her of doing), does she have to have it then???
    I'm pretty sure you can, but why not ask at a Sprint store or call them to be sure? I can't imagine anyone not going for SERO though if they can get it, as they don't have anything less expensive other than pay as you go.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post

That's kinda like a car dealer offering you 2 cars, of the exact model for the same price. But one has heated seats, power sunroof, ABS, and a multi-disk CD changer.
    The other car has none of those extras. Why turn down all the free stuff?

Why would anyone not want SERO? It's more stuff, for LESS money.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

6.    #6  
    I have no clue - but i've told her about it. Sent her the link.... to the threads here AND the Sprint page on it.

I think it's a case of "it sounds to good to be true" for her?!

LOL, i'm trying (she's not a "techy" person either)

Is the online signup still working?
  7.    #7  
    Convinced her
    I was in Office Depot over the weekend, and somehow SERO came up. In minutes, all the employees (woulda been a good time to be a shoplifter) were gathered around 1 terminal looking over the plan & phones.

They didn't believe it first either.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-