1.    #1  
    My mom's Sprint phone service has been very poor since she and my dad returned to Michigan this past May. She has a Sanyo 4900, which has been a great phone for her for many years. At Sprint's suggestion she changed phones to a Katana, with the same poor results - being that she couldn't make a call that lasted more than 30 secs. or so. I had her return the Katana and is now using the 4900 again, just so she can keep her options open as far as changing carriers, etc. Sprint says they recently added a tower about 3-4 miles away from their house. I would think this would only improve their coverage, but maybe that affected them negatively? I have seen a couple threads about the NID, SID, RSSI, etc., and wonder if any of those acronyms might be involved? I have no idea what they mean, other than that a lower RSSI number indicates a stronger signal? I tried having her to the ##33284#, but it does nothing on her phone. I then tried having her try ##33284 + dial, with no results. Before suggesting that she switch carriers, I thought someone here might be able to help determine whether there is any way to improve her service somehow.
    Nextel is popular in the area, but I thought they were going to be phasing out that technology going forward as a result of the merger with Sprint?
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Since you don't have a Treo, you should try: http://sprintusers.com/forum/
    Most of your answers will be there, good luck.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Uh, yeah, my bad. I'm so used to coming here for issues about my 755... Thanks for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Uh, yeah, my bad. I'm so used to coming here for issues about my 755... Thanks for the link.
    Not a problem, anytime...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter